Narayan and Mahesh are one- Lord Shri Swaminarayan

Hare Krishna,

I am not against any wise person who has more knowledge of vedas, shashtra etc but what I felt after watching so many discussion ,there is always hot discussion. Every devotee claim their god to be superior. If you ask vaishnavas (not all are like that) they will claim shivji like he is only devotee of krishna and if you ask shiv bhakt (not all are like that) they will speak same for krishna. And they both have numerous verses to proove their god superior. But I always got hurt by such discussion in which they either insult shivji or lord krishna. when I see so many verses posted by such devotees, i got confused what is write and wrong.why there is so much difference in different verses. some say everybody went to brahma and he told krishna is superior. then in other shashtras brahma says shiva is superior. each shashtra claims their main god as origin of everything and they are  written by some sages generation by generation. 

There is nothing authentic than that which has been SPOKEN and WRITTEN by god himself and that only ,I am going to present here. It is called as SHIKSHAPATRI which is written by Lord Swaminarayan himself and date is also given by him in his second last verse.

You will find he himself gives instructions which is similar to other vaishnav tradition but what I like the most is VERSE 47 which puts full stop on the difference of Narayan and shiv.

when narayan himself writes this, I don't think anybody is more prudent than Shree Swaminarayan who is himself narayan.

Link of shikshapatri is,http://www.swaminarayan.nu/sampraday/shiksha.shtml 

http://www.swaminarayan.nu/sampraday/shiksha.shtml

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhu ji..

prabhu ji what's the meaning of while I am Your ego ??

Hari Bol

• That means that Lord Shiva is direct personification of Lords divine ego. 

Such divine ego is never false, but its transcendental and real.

• The translation "I am Your ego" was derived from the original Sanskrit "ātmā ahaṁ". (See SB 10.63.35-36.)

The phrase given in the word-for-word for "ātmā" is "self awareness"--not ego.

Even a novice knows that "ātmā" can also be translated as "soul".

In many verses from many sources Lord Shiva states that he is the soul, heart, ego, self-awareness, etc... of Lord Sri Krsna.

By the Supreme Lord's causeless mercy one can realize the meaning of Lord Shiva's statement. The purport to the SB verse in question (written by disciples of Srila Prabhupada) states the same.

• Believe in the words of lord swaminarayan rather than what XYZ has understood from scriptures. we can trust the intellect of lord swaminarayan rather than human being.  That's it.

• Even novice knows that ''atma'' means soul, but only expert knows that ''atma'' can be translated as '' true self '' or ''divine Ego''.

For example : When person thinks '' im this material body '', that's appearance of false ego. On another side when he thinks '' im servant of God, im atma, im transcendental soul, that's true Ego or divine Ego, which is part of Lords divine Ego. 

Lord Shiva represents  transcendental Ego of the Lord in this material creation and such Ego is called ATMA. Because false Ego of living beings originally have source in divine Ego, therefore Lord Shiva is consider to be controller and master of such  false Ego of living entities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no difference on quality level between pure devotee of Lord and Lord Himself, but Lord is only One and He is the original source of  Lord Shiva, Lord Brahma and all of us.

This reply was deleted.