Replies

• Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Jai Shree Krishna

You are very lucky that Krishna has showed you the path and drawn you towards him. He is very kind to the devotees.

There is one thing only, if you forgive, I would like to say humbly.

Dont try to see Shivji and Krishnaji as separate identities. They are the same - our Lord, they are not two but one. Its for the ease of the devotees, god has shown different faces of his. Shiva and Krishna are one at the origin.

in the beginning you might have difficulty to visualise them as one, but when do you, you will reach a deeper level of love for god.

I must say that you are very very lucky that god has allowed you to chant his names.

Hare Krishna

• \--Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva are of the same origin--\

Hare Krishna,

Lord Krishna has no origin. Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva are compared to Milk and Curd.  Lord Shiva is the greatest Vaisnava. Lord Krishna the supreme being. Lord Shiva is shiva-tattva. As per Srila Prabhupada , Lord Shiva has 84% of the qualities of bhagavan.

Lord Shiva is glorified in sastras because He is fit to be glorified. Sanatana Goswami strictly advises all vaisnavas to glorify Lord Shiva by following shiva ratri dutifully.

Lord Rudra is a vibhuti of Lord Krishna.But Lord Krishna is param brahmam and bhagavan. This is the truth from bhagavad gita. 

Please forgive me for anything  written untoward or mistaken. And correct me if wrong.

AGTSP

YS

• Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Shivji destroys, yes his destructive nature is for the evil, negative energies.

In Gitaji itself, when Krishna ji shows the viratroop, he shows that god is one. 

In any case, please forgive for anything which might have hurt anyone. I am refraining writing on this debate now.

Next, I want to share my experiences of the Lord, I will be writing in this thread itself as the subject of this thread is the best suited.

Hari Bol. 

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

I am sorry to contradict you - our philosophy says that Krsna and Shiva are not one -- they do not have the same origin. Please read Srimad Bhagawatam - Canto 3 for the origin of the universe. IN fact, the last shloka of Srimad Bhagawatam is also about Shiva being the foremost vaishnava. Pls read mataji.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• hare krishna mataji,

i am basically a worshipper of krishna  (ladoo gopal)...

Please read this. 

http://moralstories.wordpress.com/2006/05/29/story-of-shiva-and-vis...

1. there are several instances in Srimad Bhagvatam where krishna is meditating on shiva and shiva is meditating on narayan....please see the above link.

"“How much one does not see the difference between Shiva and Vishnu, that much his aayu will increase”.

2. i hope devotees have read about Dakshayagya where Sati sacrifices her material body in the self created yoga-agni, then VIRBHADRA (shiv avtar)  comes and creates a havoc and destroys everything tries to kill dakshaprajapati.....everyone flees...even daksha's father brahmaji flees. only Narayan stayed back as he is the VAKTABATSAL - the one who never ever leaves a devotee.

but virabhadra defeats narayan and this is mentioned in skanda purana as well as shiv purana

3. also as everyone know about the legend of Shivlinga - http://www.mahashivratri.org/legend-of-shiva-linga.html  

4. There are several references to Lord Shiva in the Mahabharata and Ramayana. Both Arjuna and Krishna worshipped Him to obtain favors. In fact, Arjuna obtains Shiva’s astra or weapon known as Pashupata after performing penance to Lord Shiva. In the Ramayana, the demon king Ravana is a great devotee Lord Shiva, and Rama and Hanuman offer prayers to Lord Shiva at Rameshwaram before embarking on their mission to rescue Sita from Ravana.

As the above four points puts Shivji on the top, there are several points in the history of mankind which puts Vishnuji at the top.....

There is a famous bhajan among the vaishnavas "ram mein ghanshyam mein shri shyam mein kya fark hai, EK hi maya prabhu ki, tark mein bas tark hai"

i hope to get some replies.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare

happy chanting to all.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

This is very famous in ISKCON - all the puranas are divided into the 3 gunas - 6 puranas are in the mode of goodness, 6 in the mode of passion and 6 in the mode of ignorance. Atleast Shiva Purana is in the mode of ignorance (mainly because Shiva is in charge of annhilation, the mode of ignorance). Therefore, quoting from the Shiva Purana will not convince anyone fron ISKCON. We believe Srimad Bhagawatam, which was written as a summary of all vedas and puranas and itihas, which says Krsna is the supreme.

Ultimately its a matter of belief - regardless of shastric evidence, if one is convinced about something for whatever reason, then one will continue to believe in that only, and the lord mentions in the Gita that He will make the belief of such a person firm in whatever he beleives.

There is another post on Discussion forum only (I think by Krishna Das) - about how one devotee came to Krishna bhakti - he started by being a Shiva bhakt. Maybe you could read that.

Its a matter of believing the philosophy propounded by ISKCON, your choice, you can believe or you can reject. I am somehow exhausted of going into the same deliberations and arguments again and again. Like HH Bhanu Swamy Maharaj says - shastra says this and shastra says that also. You can beleive what you want and say shastra says that.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna

Wonderful story and very inspring too.

• Thank You!!! Hare Krishna!!!

• Volunteer

It would be also nice if You submit Your story to our web site called http://howicame.com/

Many would be inspired.

Thank You!

Your servant,

How I Came to Krishna Consciousness
  • Hare Krishna Prabhuji, dandavat

कृष्णभावनामृत  की सरल विधि (A,B,C,D) :

1.   A- Association:  साधू तथा शुद्ध भक्त-जनों का सत्संग | भगवद्भक्त के साथ क्षण-भर की संगति के मूल्य की तुलना न तो स्वर्ग-प्राप्ति से ना भौतिक बंधन की मुक्ति से की जा सकती है (SB.1.18.13) | रामचरितमानस(सुन्दर कांड) में लंकिनी नाम की राक्षसी जब हनुमानजी के मारने  से व्याकुल हों जाती हे तो उन्हें पहचान कर कहती हें; मोक्ष तथा स्वर्ग के सभी सुखों को यदि तराजू के एक पलड़े में रख दिया जाये तो भी वह उस सुख के बराबर नहीं हो सकता जो लव (क्षण) मात्र के सत्संग से होता है | भक्त-जनों का सत्संग सतत होना चाहिये | साधू-संग साधू-संग सर्व-शास्त्रे कहे, लव-मात्र साधू-संग सर्व-सिद्धि होय | सारे शास्त्रों का निर्णय है कि शुद्ध भक्त के साथ क्षण-भर की संगति से ही मनुष्य सारी सफलता प्राप्त कर सकता है | कृष्ण-भक्ति का मूल कारण महान भक्तों की संगति है (CC.मध्य लीला 22.54 & 83) |   

भगवान कृष्ण कुरुक्षेत्र में मुनियों की सभा में कहतें हैं: जलमय तीर्थ स्थान तथा मिट्टी व पत्थर के अर्चाविग्रह किसी को दीर्घकाल के बाद ही पवित्र कर सकते हैं किन्तु साधुजन दर्शन मात्र से ही पवित्र कर देते हैं (SB.10.84.11)| मनुष्य मंदिर के अर्चाविग्रहों, तीर्थस्थलों तथा पवित्र नदियों के दर्शन, स्पर्श तथा पूजन से धीरे धीरे शुद्ध बन सकता है किन्तु महान मुनियों की कृपादृष्टि प्राप्त करने मात्र से उसे तत्काल वही फल प्राप्त हो सकता है (SB.10.86.52) |

जड़ भरत राजा रहूगण को बतलाते हैं कि “शुद्ध भक्त के चरण-कमलों की धूलि अपने सिर पर धारण किये बिना मनुष्य भक्ति प्राप्त नहीं कर सकता”| उन्नत भक्तों की संगति मात्र से पूर्ण ज्ञान प्राप्त कर सांसारिक मोहों को छिन्न-भिन्न किया जा सकता है | भक्तों की संगति से ही श्रवण तथा कीर्तन द्वारा भगवान की सेवा में अनुरुक्त हुआ जा सकता है | इस प्रकार सुप्त कृष्णभावनामृत को जागृत कर व इसके अनुशीलन द्वारा इसी जीवन में परम-धाम को वापस जाया जा सकता है (SB.5.12.16) | जब तक मनुष्य परम भक्तों के चरण-कमलों की उपासना नहीं करता, तब तक उसे माया परास्त करती रहेगी और उसकी बुद्धि मोहग्रस्त बनी रहेगी (SB.5.3.14) | शरीर को त्याग कर मरने वाले जीवों के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ वर तो शुद्ध भक्तों की संगति है (SB.4.30.34) | भक्त की संगति करने से कृष्ण-भक्ति में श्रद्धा जागृत होती है | शुद्ध भक्त की कृपा बिना किसी को भक्ति-पद प्राप्त नहीं हो सकता (CC.मध्य लीला 22.51) | जब अपने पुण्य कर्मो के फलित होने पर मनुष्य को शुद्ध भक्तों की संगति का अवसर प्राप्त होता है तभी उसके अज्ञानरूपी बंधन की ग्रंथि, जो उसके नाना प्रकार के सकाम कर्मो के कारण जकड़े रहती है, कट पाती हैं (SB.5.19.20) |  जब व्यक्ति सूर्य के समक्ष होता है तो अंधकार नही रह पाता | उसी तरह जब व्यक्ति ऐसे साधु या भक्त की संगति में रहता है, जो पूर्णतया दृढ तथा भगवान के शरणागत होता है, तो उसका भव-बन्धन छूट जाता है (SB.10.10.41) |  

शिवजी: संयोग से भी यदि कोई क्षण भर के लिए भक्त की संगति पा जाता है, तो उसे कर्म और ज्ञान के फलों  का तनिक भी आकर्षण नहीं रह जाता | अतः आप मुझे अपने भक्तों की संगति का आशीर्वाद दे, क्योंकि आपके चरण-कमलों की पूजा करने से वे पूर्णतया शुद्ध हो चुके हैं  (SB.4.24.57-58) |

ध्रुव महाराज: हे अनंत भगवान, मुझे उन महान भक्तों की संगति दे जिनके हृदय भौतिक कल्मष से रहित है तथा जो आपकी दिव्य प्रेमा-भक्ति में निरंतर लगे रहते हैं (SB.4.9.11)|

2.   B- Books:  श्रीमद भगवद गीता (BG.)- श्री कृष्ण का अपने मुख से दिया गया ज्ञान तथा श्रीमद भागवतम (SB.)- भगवान श्री कृष्ण के बारे में बताया गया ज्ञान (समस्त वैदिक साहित्य का पका हुआ फल) | यदि इन दो ग्रंथो के श्रवण, अध्ययन एवम् चर्चा में पर्याप्त समय व्यतीत किया जाए तो भगवद-साक्षात्कार होना सुनिश्चित है |

3.   C- Chanting: हरे कृष्ण महामंत्र का कीर्तन | उच्च स्वर से कीर्तन करने पर हमारे साथ साथ हमारे आसपास अचर व चर प्राणियो का भी कल्याण होगा | प्रत्येक दिन कम से कम हरे कृष्ण महामंत्र की 16 जप माला करनी चाहिये | यदि हमारे मन पर दूसरे विचार हावी हो, फिर भी जप करें | हमारे हृदय रूपी दर्पण पर जन्म जन्मान्तर से अपने पाप कर्मो के द्वारा जमी हुई धूल या मैल को साफ़ करने का कलियुग में इसके अलावा कोई उपाय नहीं है | मैं उन भगवान हरि को सादर नमस्कार करता हूँ जिनके पवित्र नामों का कीर्तन सारे पापों को नष्ट करता है (SB.12.13.23) | जो व्यक्ति भगवान के पवित्र नाम का कीर्तन करता है, समझ लो कि उसने वेदों में वर्णित सारे तप तथा यज्ञ संपन्न कर लिए; सारे तीर्थस्थानों में स्नान कर लिया और सारे वेदों का अध्ययन कर लिया (SB.3.33.7) | कृष्ण के पवित्र नाम का एक बार कीर्तन करने मात्र से मनुष्य सारे पापी जीवन के सारे फलों से छूट जाता है| पवित्र नाम के कीर्तन से मनुष्य भक्ति की नवों विधियों को पूरा कर सकता है (CC.मध्य लीला 15.107)|

4.   D- Diet: कृष्ण अर्पित भोग का प्रसाद ग्रहण करना | भगवान के भक्त, यज्ञ में अर्पित किये भोजन (प्रसाद) को ही खाते हे, अन्य लोग जो अपने इन्द्रिय सुख के लिए भोजन बनाते हैं वे निश्चित रूप से पाप खाते हैं (BG.3.13) | कृष्ण को अर्पित किये गए भोजन का शेष महाप्रसाद कहलाता है, भगवान का महाप्रसाद पाते ही उसे तुरन्त ग्रहण कर लेना चाहिए,भले ही वह सूखा,बासी, या दूर देश से लाया हुआ क्यों न हो | इसमें देश व काल का विचार नहीं करना चाहिए (CC.मध्य लीला 6.225)| जीव्य्हा (जीभ) पर नियंत्रण करने का कोई और उपाय नहीं है | यदि कोई मनुष्य जीभ को वश में करने में सक्षम होता है, तो उसे सभी इन्द्रियों पर पूर्ण नियंत्रण करने वाला माना जाता है (SB.11.8.21) |

All the BEST in Krsna Consciousness

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.