Mental Offence?

Hare Krishna,

AGTSP

I see Some bramhachari devotees using personal vehicles(cars), branded laptops, smart phones. Is it allowed by scriptures. 

Is it a mental offence to get question like this?

I ask my colleagues, friends to come for programs, for donations but they pointed out opulence of devotees and I also did not have any answers to their questions.

Please help me clarify doubt.

yas,

Ashay

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Is it a mental offence to get question like this?
    If question is genuinely to inquire and not with mentality of criticism, then it is not so much of a mental offence. If there are devotees whom we have faith on and whom we are willing to serve then it is better to submissively ask all our doubts to them. It is better to clarify doubts as early as we can, but with appropriate attitude.
    Example King Parikshit asks the following question to his spiritual master - Visnu, being everyone's well-wisher, is equal and extremely dear to everyone. How, then, did He become partial like a common man for the sake of Indra and thus kill Indra's enemies? Kindly dispel my doubt with positive evidence that Narayana is always neutral and equal to everyone.(SB 7.1.1-3)
    Here King Parikshit is accepting the conclusion of scriptures & his guru that Lord Narayana is equal to all but asks how can I understand this, please give supporting evidence to strengthen my understanding.
    This is the recommended way to clarify one's doubts and it is not considered an offense.

Hare Krsna

• SB 11.17.23 — The brahmacārī should regularly dress with a belt of straw and deerskin garments. He should wear matted hair, carry a rod and waterpot and be decorated with akṣa beads and a sacred thread. Carrying pure kuśa grass in his hand, he should never accept a luxurious or sensuous sitting place. He should not unnecessarily polish his teeth, nor should he bleach and iron his clothes.
    SB 11.17.24 — A brahmacārī should always remain silent while bathing, eating, attending sacrificial performances, chanting japa or passing stool and urine. He should not cut his nails and hair, including the armpit and pubic hair.
    SB 11.17.25 — One observing the vow of celibate brahmacārī life should never pass semen. If the semen by chance spills out by itself, the brahmacārī should immediately take bath in water, control his breath by prāṇāyāma and chant the Gāyatrī mantra.
    SB 11.17.26 — Purified and fixed in consciousness, the brahmacārī should worship the fire-god, sun, ācārya, cows, brāhmaṇas, guru, elderly respectable persons and demigods. He should perform such worship at sunrise and sunset, without speaking but by silently chanting or murmuring the appropriate mantras.
  • Hare Krishna Ashay Prabhu

Once Srila Prabhupad was asked as why he was traveling in a Limosine car and He replied that, I am representing God who is most richest. Actually I should have a golden car but Iron car is fine. Srila Prabhupad was never attached to any of the opulances he was bestowed but understood that it belongs to Krishna.

It is intention which is important not the action. If Bramhacharis are using the laptops and smart phones in use of Krishna Conciousness then it should be appalled. Afterall we are using the internet at iskcondesire tree either by using PC mac , laptop or smart phone.

So any opulances used for the propogation of Krishna consciousness by anybody is fine in my opinion

Hare krishna

• SB 5.5.7 — Even though one may be very learned and wise, he is mad if he does not understand that the endeavor for sense gratification is a useless waste of time. Being forgetful of his own interest, he tries to be happy in the material world, centering his interests around his home, which is based on sexual intercourse and which brings him all kinds of material miseries. In this way one is no better than a foolish animal.
    SB 5.5.8 — The attraction between male and female is the basic principle of material existence. On the basis of this misconception, which ties together the hearts of the male and female, one becomes attracted to his body, home, property, children, relatives and wealth. In this way one increases life’s illusions and thinks in terms of “I and mine.”
    SB 5.5.9 — When the strong knot in the heart of a person implicated in material life due to the results of past action is slackened, one turns away from his attachment to home, wife and children. In this way, one gives up the basic principle of illusion [I and mine] and becomes liberated. Thus one goes to the transcendental world.
  • Hare Krishna prabhuji.
    Sudama was not rich while Yudhistira Maharaj was opulent.
    Ys.
    Pratap.
  • god is equal toward every living entity,

but nobody is so dear to him as his devotee(person who has devotion).

if its necessary, krishna will rather destroy all material universe for sake of one of his devotee,

on another side ,he would never do things like that for non devotee.

so difference of gods love for his devotees and non devotees are huge.

• in kali yuga almost everything is allowed in the name of god.

This reply was deleted.