Replies

• Hare krishna prabhuji 

Inorder to follow vedic varna ashrama dharma you have to do arrainge marriage inorder to live a peaceful and respectful life....only arrainge marriage is recommended that to only within our own castes ....if you are willing to give example of shri krishna then let me tell you he himself is the  great example of follower of varna ashrama dharma created by himself he was kshatriya and had 1600  wifes and that to all were kshatranis daughter of kings  so how can we do so called love marriage and intercaste marriages ..we are krsnas servent how can a servent disobey his master how can he do whatever he wants we cannot compare us with even a dust particle of his feet so how can we do so who are we to do so we are here to reestablish vedic varna ashrama dharma not animals dharma ...if we do so then what is the difference betwwen we and animals no difference the result you can see clearly in this modern days ..love is actually lust and nothing else...some devotees may say if they are both devotees then its ok but according to me it is not a perfect solution we have marry witin our own caste even though he/she is not the devotee of lord krsna inthis way you are giving a chance to make your partner a devotee and you will add one more member to the world of krishna sometimes you may have to suffer but it is said by lord krsna that one who suffers for me he is one of my dearest devotee  rather than marrying with a ready made devotee ... so its your choice now if you want to walk on the path of perfection and want to become one of the dearest devotees of krsna then follow his rules i.e varna ashrama dharma or else if you want to be a part time devotee of krishna then can go for so called love and intercaste marriages...

ys..

• Volunteer

afterwards how is it possible to marry to someone whom we do not like or even do not know?

For example, in history Kunti Devi used to know King Pandu and she used to like him so got married.

Subhadra Devi used to know Arjuna so got married.

Rukmini Devi knew Krishna and loved Him so got married.

Gandhari used to know King Dhiratashtra so got married.

Savitri did her choice herself so got married.

Devahuti heard about Kardama Muni from Narada Muni so got attracted so got married.

so where it says that marriage should be done to someone whom one does not know or even do not like?

Your servant, 

• You can also do Love marriage which is arranged by parents
  • JAI SRILA A.C. BHAKTIVEDANTA SWAMI PRABHUPADA

HARI BOL

JAI ACHARYAS

JAI VAISHNAVAS

Ofcouse arranged marriage. So-called love in this world will entangle us more in this world.

1973 Correspondence

I wish that the marriage will be suspended for the time being unless the father agrees to this marriage. According to the Vedic system marriage takes place according to the sanction of the parents, although this is not being followed strictly at the present moment.
    Letter to Bhagavan das -- Bombay 29 September, 1973:

Please accept my blessings. Herewith please find one letter from Mr. Khilnani father of Anita, and the contents will speak for itself. I wish that the marriage will be suspended for the time being unless the father agrees to this marriage. According to the Vedic system marriage takes place according to the sanction of the parents, although this is not being followed strictly at the present moment.

So read this letter and do the needful so we may not create some disturbing marriage condition.

Personal Experience: these love marriages end in  divorce after some years. my neighbour has experienced.

• What is this love? Just lust for body and mind. Lust means love for anything other than God. Love means only love for God.
      • Rameshwar prabhuji desires to marry a krishna conscious girl and live a krishna conscious life. Let us not try to embarrass this devotee. All don't have strong vairagya to become a Sadhu. There is nothing wrong to possess a desire to marry with a chaste woman and live the life of a householder. Householders who live as per the Varnashrama dharma are not sinners. We should treat them with respect. Although Pandavas were great devotees of Lord Krishna, they all fell in love with opposite sex and married with them and thereafter dutifully carried out the strictures of shastras. Lord Krishna never criticized them for being 'lustful'. Love marriages are not against the shastras. However, care should also be taken about the rules of Varnashrama dharma regarding marriage. (I have already spoken about these rules above, in brief)

• is your neighbour krishna conscious? if couple love krishna and then love eachother whats problem to love marrige?love marrige are not allowed by Thakurji?
      • hare krishna rameshwar prabhu thakurji namonamaha thakuraniji namonamaha

the love of thakurji is eternal not material radharani and gopis use to love him so much but his love towards radharani was eternal not material he use to give love in return to radharani as his favouraite devotee not as a material lover he use to consider radharani and gopis as his childrens ....and yes ofcourse thakurji will allow love marrige and all other false things but not to live a happy life but to realise what mistake they have commited and it will be a warning for others .....and in this way he will present an example to the people what are the causes of material love marrige and intercaste marriges ...if you want to realise this thing can go for it or else you can read the warning and can avoid it

ys..

• SB Canto 4

It is the duty of a father and mother to arrange for the marriage of their sons and daughters. That is the obligation in Vedic society. Sons and daughters should not be allowed freedom to intermingle with the opposite sex unless they are married. This Vedic social organization is very good in that it stops the promulgation of illicit sex life.
      SB 4.27.8, Translation and Purport:

After this, King Purañjana, King of the Pañcāla country, in order to increase the descendants of his paternal family, married his sons with qualified wives and married his daughters with qualified husbands.

According to the Vedic system, everyone should marry. One has to accept a wife because a wife will produce children, and the children in their turn will offer foodstuffs and funeral ceremonies so that the forefathers, wherever they may live, will be made happy. The offering of oblations in the name of Lord Viṣṇu is called piṇḍodaka, and it is necessary that the descendants of a family offer piṇḍa to the forefathers.

Not only was Purañjana, the King of Pañcāla, satisfied in his own sex life, but he arranged for the sex life of his 1,100 sons and 110 daughters. In this way one can elevate an aristocratic family to the platform of a dynasty. It is significant in this verse that Purañjana got both sons and daughters married. It is the duty of a father and mother to arrange for the marriage of their sons and daughters. That is the obligation in Vedic society. Sons and daughters should not be allowed freedom to intermingle with the opposite sex unless they are married. This Vedic social organization is very good in that it stops the promulgation of illicit sex life, or varṇa-saṅkara, which appears under different names in this present day. Unfortunately in this age although the father and mother are anxious to get their children married, the children refuse to get married by the arrangement of the parents. Consequently, the number of varṇa-saṅkara has increased throughout the world under different names.

1976 Conversations and Morning Walks

Formerly marriage was a religious ceremony. Marriage was, this boy and this girl should be married, it is a religious function where the father and mother will see their horoscope and see if they are compatible, they will agree, they will live peacefully, so many things are there. Still, in India such things are calculated by the parents of the boy and the girl. But in this Kali-yuga, dāmpatye abhirucir. Abhirucir means the boy and the girl, if he likes, if he says, that's all. No other calculation. And the, after three days after marriage, there is divorce.
      Room Conversation and Reading from Srimad-Bhagavatam Canto 1 and 12...:

Prabhupāda: Ah, janmācāra. First of all, janma, the family, heredity, was taken into consideration, but that is now forgotten. Get money. Just like in England the British empire's policy was that you bring money from outside and deposit in the government treasury and you become lord. Is it not? Bring money, some way or other. So that was going on, exploiting, they used to go to the foreign countries and somehow or other accumulate money. Just like Lord Clive. He was a street boy, but he made some policy. In this way, diplomacy, he entered into Bengal and got some money, and Lord Clive, he became Lord Clive. So money is the criterion. Some way or other, bring money. That's all. That's a fact. These are the symptoms. Just try to understand.

Pradyumna: Vittam eva kalau nṛṇāṁ janmācāra-guṇodayaḥ.

Prabhupāda: If you have money, then you are aristocratic, then whatever you do, it is all right. Janmācāra, then?

Pradyumna: Guṇa.

Prabhupāda: Guṇa. You are most qualified man. You may be a drunkard, you may be a prostitute hunter, whatever you may be, but because of money you are a qualified man. Then?

Pradyumna: Janmācāra-guṇodayaḥ.

Prabhupāda: Go on.

Pradyumna: Dharma-nyāya-vyavasthāyāṁ kāraṇaṁ balam eva hi.

Prabhupāda: Dharma-nyāya. Now if you want justice, you can get it according to your desire, justice, if you have got money. That is going on. That if you bribe to the court's men and even to the judge or magistrate, you get justice accordingly. That is going on. Dharma ācāra. Then?

Pradyumna: Dāmpatye 'bhirucir hetur.

Prabhupāda: Hmm? Dāmpatya?

Pradyumna: Dāmpatye abhirucir, hetur...

Prabhupāda: Abhirucir, yes. Now formerly marriage was a religious ceremony. Marriage was, this boy and this girl should be married, it is a religious function where the father and mother will see their horoscope and see if they are compatible, they will agree, they will live peacefully, so many things are there. Still, in India such things are calculated by the parents of the boy and the girl. But in this Kali-yuga, dāmpatye abhirucir. Abhirucir means the boy and the girl, if he likes, if he says, that's all. No other calculation. And the, after three days after marriage, there is divorce. (laughter) Because abhirucir, "I like, I don't like," that's all. Now I like, and after three days I don't like, finished, business. In Chicago I saw a newspaper. One girl, within three weeks she has divorced two husbands. (laughter) Yes, I saw it in the newspaper. So this, formerly the father, mother used to see that this boy and this girl are going to be married. So by horoscope, by other circumstances, by family, cultural, by education, so many things, whether they will live peacefully. That was the understanding. Husband-wife means, a man requires a woman, a woman requires a man. They should be combined in such a way that they can live peacefully. If there is no disturbance of the mind, then they can make further progress in spiritual life. Therefore marriage is also necessary, and that must be properly done. This was the... Now there is no such consideration. The boys and girls are free, and if one likes the other... Dāmpatye, what is that?

Pradyumna: Dāmpatye 'bhirucir hetur.

Prabhupāda: Hmm. Ruci. Ruci means liking. Then?

Pradyumna: I think it is māyaiva vyāvahārike.

Prabhupāda: Ah, māyaiva vyāvahārike. In ordinary dealings there is cheating. This is Kali-yuga. Ordinarily even when gentleman-gentleman, so-called gentlemen talking, he's trying to cheat him, he's trying to cheat him. By talking. And ordinarily. Māyaiva vyāvahārike. To talk with gentleman-gentleman, it is ordinary thing, but still there will be so many untruthfulness. Māyaiva vyāvahārike. Then?

Pradyumna: Strītve puṁstve ca hi ratir vipratve sūtram eva hi.

Prabhupāda: Hnm. And woman is nice, man is nice, this should be considered by sex power. Strītve puṁstve ca hi ratir. Then?

Pradyumna: Vipratve sūtram eva hi.

Prabhupāda: Vipratve sūtram eva hi. And there is a brāhmaṇa. What is the proof that he is a brāhmaṇa? He has got a sacred thread, that's all. Or thread. It may not be sacred; purchased on the market. So at least we try to give a sacred thread by ceremony. But anyone can purchase a thread from the market, two-paisa worth or one-cent worth, and become a brāhmaṇa. "You are a brāhmaṇa?" "Yes, you see my sacred thread?" (laughter) Finished. "What you are doing?" "Never mind." Don't be such brāhmaṇas, at least in our camp. You must follow the rules and regulations. Don't show that "I am now doubly initiated, sacred thread." Don't cheat in that way. Vipratve sūtram eva hi. Then?

Pradyumna: Liṅgam evāśrama-khyātāv.

Prabhupāda: Liṅgam evāśrama-khyātāv. There are āśramas, brahmacārī, sannyāsī, gṛhastha. So they have got different dresses. So Kali-yuga, simply by dress, he becomes a brahmacārī, he become a gṛhastha, he becomes a sannyāsī, simply by dress. What he is acting, nobody cares, that's all. Then?

Pradyumna: Liṅgam, eva.

Prabhupāda: Liṅgam means the external feature. This is the dress of a sannyāsī, this is the dress of a gṛhastha. Just like daṇḍa. Daṇḍa is the symptom that he is a sannyāsī. Then?

Pradyumna: Liṅgam evāśrama-khyātāv anyonyāpatti-kāraṇam.

Prabhupāda: Hmm. Then?

Pradyumna: Avṛttyā nyāya-daurbalyam.

Prabhupāda: Avṛttyā nyāya-daurbalyam. If you have no money, then you cannot get justice. First of all you have to pay government so many percentage of money. Suppose somebody owes to you some money and he's not giving you. So if you have to go to the court, first of all you have to spend so much money, and if you have no money, then you cannot get your money back. You have to pay this lawyer's fee, the stand duty, and so on, so on. But if you say "I have no money," then forget justice. That's all. Avṛttyā nyāya-daurbalyam.

Bhagavad-gita As It Is Lectures

According to Vedic civilization, it is the duty of the parents to get the sons and daughters married so that they will have family attraction, they will be established, they will be organized, things will go nicely. If there is no family attraction, no responsibility, then the things will not go nicely. This is the basic principle.
      Lecture on BG 1.32-35 -- London, July 25, 1973:

We are so much attached to our bodily conception of life, and expansion of bodily conception of life. He is thinking in terms of bodily conception of life. Śyālāḥ bandhuḥ pitaraḥ pitāmahāḥ. Because somebody happens to be... Just like there are many thousands of women. One woman with whom I have got my bodily connection I take: "She is my wife. I have to give protection." This is all based on bodily connection. So long there was no bodily connection with that woman, you didn't care for her. But as soon as there is bodily connection, immediately the attachment is there. Tayor mitho hṛdaya-granthim āhuḥ (SB 5.5.8). Generally, everyone has got attraction for woman. Woman has got attraction for man. That is general. But when they are united by marriage, the attraction becomes very acute, hṛdaya-granthim āhuḥ. Hṛdaya-granthi means very hard knot. Hṛdaya-granthim āhuḥ. So this is called family attraction. Then I get my attraction for my children, for my society, for my home. So Arjuna's description of this means bodily concept of life. The sum and substance of this whole passage described by Arjuna, kiṁ no rājyena govinda kiṁ bhogair jīvitena vā (BG 1.32). Everyone works so hard to acquire money. Why? The family attraction. We were student of economics and there was a book, Marshall's Economics. That Mr. Marshall is explaining that economic impetus begins from family affection, family affection. Unless one has got family, he will not try to earn. He will not try to earn money. He will be irresponsible. Therefore it is essential. When one is given some responsible post... Some... I know some English firm in India, I had some connection with him. So he was simply trying to know, "The man who is going to work for us, whether he is family man?" Because unless he is a family man, he has no attraction. He can give up the job at any moment. Because there is no family attraction. This is the psychology. Therefore according to Vedic civilization, it is the duty of the parents to get the sons and daughters married so that they will have family attraction, they will be established, they will be organized, things will go nicely. If there is no family attraction, no responsibility, then the things will not go nicely. This is the basic principle.

SB Canto 3

Kardama Muni said, "Yes, I shall accept your daughter under religious regulations of marriage."
      SB 3.22.15, Translation and Purport:

The great sage replied: Certainly I have a desire to marry, and your daughter has not yet married or given her word to anyone. Therefore our marriage according to the Vedic system can take place.

There were many considerations by Kardama Muni before accepting the daughter of Svāyambhuva Manu. Most important is that Devahūti had first of all fixed her mind on marrying him. She did not choose to have any other man as her husband. That is a great consideration because female psychology dictates that when a woman offers her heart to a man for the first time, it is very difficult for her to take it back. Also, she had not married before; she was a virgin girl. All these considerations convinced Kardama Muni to accept her. Therefore he said, "Yes, I shall accept your daughter under religious regulations of marriage." There are different kinds of marriages, of which the first-class marriage is held by inviting a suitable bridegroom for the daughter and giving her in charity, well dressed and well decorated with ornaments, along with a dowry according to the means of the father. There are other kinds of marriage, such as gāndharva marriage and marriage by love, which are also accepted as marriage. Even if one is forcibly kidnapped and later on accepted as a wife, that is also accepted. But Kardama Muni accepted the first-class way of marriage because the father was willing and the daughter was qualified. She had never offered her heart to anyone else. All these considerations made Kardama Muni agree to accept the daughter of Svāyambhuva Manu.

http://vaniquotes.org/wiki/Category:Questions_On..._Marriage

http://www.vaniquotes.org/wiki/Category:Married_Life_-_Umbrella_Cat...

This reply was deleted.