There are 4 yugas and 1 yuga cycle is 43,200,000 years
Satya Yuga equals 1,728,000 Human years
Treta Yuga equals 1,296,000 Human years
Dvapara Yuga equals 864,000 Human years
Kali Yuga equals 432,000 Human years

Bt y is it said tht ram avatar ws 7k yrs bfre..
Nd krsna ws here 5k yrs bfre...

But between treta dn kaliyuga.. Thr is dwapar yuga... Which is 864000.. So how cna lord ram avtar be 7000 yrs bfre... Not just 864000??? How can thr b only 2000 yrs diff btwn krsna and ram avatar... 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna PAMHO,

I think you are refering to the online research/debates which claim to have found certain "proofs" regarding ramayan, (if not please correct me)
    You cannot treat modern sciences as prominent source of information as the technology they use and the info that they give keep changing over time,
    In reality modern sciences aren't capable enough to calculate such high metrixes of time, forget about claculating these metrixes, they are unable to find the value of pi yet XD,
    So according to my knowledge mataji, you should only refer to bonafide vedic literature regarding these matters as they alaways remain unchanged and evergreen forever.

Please correct me of my mistakes if made in ingonarance.
    Thank you for considering my answer!

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

it said tht ram avatar ws 7k yrs bfre..So how cna lord ram avtar be 7000 yrs bfre.

This doesn't sound right. A person cannot make an assertion or a statement and question their own statement. 

If it is not your statement that Lord Si Rama appeared before 7000 years, then please clarify whose statement is it ? We accept devitional scriptures as prime reference like Srimad Bhagavatam, Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Puranas, Upanishads etc.  Statements on internet, wikipedia, twitter etc may not be bonafide references. It is not worth discussing about such statements.

Mataji your question is genuine and appreciated, but it needs to be structured in a better way. 

Hare Krsna

• This reply was deleted.
    • Many times I have also wondered about why it is said Rama was born 7000 yrs ago and Krishna 5000 years ago. 

Let me clarify first, this reference of 7K years for Ramavatara and 5K for Krishnavatara, I have also heard in many lose-talk but not aware of scriptural injunctions.

Rama is said to have lived and ruled for 11,000 years. If his avatara was just 7K years ago, then he must be living still!

Scripturally also, sometimes we find confusing events. For example, after Krishna left to Dwaraka, he is supposed to have met the Gopis and his foster parents, Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja and Shri Radha, after 100 years had passed since he left Vrindavana, on a solar eclipse day, at Kurukshetra. By that time, he is said to be accompanied by his wives and children and grand-children. 100 years! To me, this does not seem possible.

Yet in another instance, we see that Govardhana mountain was lifted by the Lord when he was 7 years old. ISKCON's HH Indradyumna Swami Maharaja, who has done extensive research at Vrindavan Research Insititute and is an expert in Gaudiya Literature has a class dedicated to Lord Krisha's Govardhana Leela at his website Narottam.com. In that video, he describes the event in an hour of lecture, where he describes that Krishna and Radha exchange sidelong loving glances. Given Radha is 15 days younger to Krishna, she is also just 7 then. Imagine a 7 year old boy and girl exchanging loving glances. Also Krishna has left Vrindavana when he was only 11+. By today's standard of Kaliyuga itself, a 11 yr old boy having a very close loving relationship with a maiden is very rare, leave alone Radha and Krishna's love for each other when they were 11. 

Therefore my conclusion is that we should not worry too much about the reference to age, timeframe of the avatara, etc, but just go with the teachings and the blissful experience of listening to the katha!

Haribol.

I render my profound apologies if any of what I said above is inaccurate or offensive.

http://Narottam.com/
This reply was deleted.