Hare Krishna, 

Please accept my humble obeisances... 

Let's say if a vegetarian food is mixed with onion and garlic, can I remove them and eat the rest? (while wearing tulsi kanthi mala) Does it count as eating onions and garlic?

I've stopped eating the onions and garlic, but sometimes, I would have to eat a vegetarian food that is mixed with onions or garlic, or both...I need a complete guide about this so that I can eat the food that Krishna likes... and I can offer the food to Krishna...to make Him more satisfied...and more happy... 

Your humble servant, 

Kavenesh 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna mataji, but what if my mother doesn't understand this and continues to serve me vegetarian food with onions and garlic?

What is the best I could do to make the food as sattvic as possible? Please enlighten me mataji...

Your humble servant,

Kavenesh
          • enlighten her also. Take her to temple and get her in touch with a senior devotee to explain her correctly.
            If not on the day when she uses onion garlic try to avoid the food and have only fruits.
            if you do it two times or three times like this she will feel sad for you and make dishes seperately with onion garlic and without onion garlic for u alone.
            It doesn't take much work simply she can make two dishes with onion without onion it wont take much time. Or else learn to cook yourself. Very useful for future life.
            In future whereever you go for higher studies or for work. You shouldn't be depending on others for ur meals.
            There are simple recipies on this website also which can be made with ease. Learn them. Most useful in ur future.
            Hare Krishna.
            speeds.it
            • Hare Krishna mataji, thank you very much for your guidance mataji! 🙏🙏🙏
              • This reply was deleted.
                • What is lie? Who lied here. Its told in Iskcon to never consume onion and garlic.
                    • VIMAL PRABHU, This line is from your reply.
                      "Garlic and Onion are mostly Rajasic, but also contain some Tamasic action. Garlic and onion are avoided by spiritual adherents because they stimulate the central nervous system and can disturb vows of celibacy. This is especially so because garlic is a natural aphrodisiac."
                      so accordingly, if they are operating in mode of passion by consuming onion garlic.. they will get birth among those who are engaged in fruitive activaties.. ( it means they will do work only for 3 things.. getting money for enjoying life eating, sleeping...enjoying in luxaries finding happiness in satisfying their senses only).
                      Tamasic qualities in garlic and onion makes ur intellect clouded and makes you unable to distinguish between what is right for you and what is wrong..( Just like right now are unable to see what is right for u. You think that which gives you temporary happiness car, house icecreams is only right. you lack the proper insight in seeing what is beneficial for you in real what will give you permanat happiness.) this discrimination is lost. and in this way u will only develop animal triats.. where basic needs .. living to satisty ur tongue , satisfy ur sexual needs will become ur main priority and then Man and animal will not have any difference left.
                      Men will lead a animal life in ignorance mode. that is eat, sleep. mate and defend.
                    • The same is donkey to water line applies to you.
                      You are just a human being and you question Acharyas' words?? You doubt Vaishnava acharyas and how can you even call the founder of such a big Organisation just a human being?
                      Tell me if you can mobilize and create a big oraganisation and followering group. Don't even talk about insulting ISKCON or calling Srila Prabhupada a ordinary man.
                      Ordinary people cannot inspire so many lives. For us all Srila Prabhupada is no less than a God. As guru and God are one and the same. The words of a Vaishnava acharyas are Vedas only for us.
                      We tried many ways to convince you in chat also. every book we point out or every verse we put out. You only had said its vague.. not a valid proof or not making any sense.
                      Problem is with you.
                    • Hare Krishna, please accept my obeisances...

Telling ISKCON is spreading lies is equivalent to telling Gaudiya Vaishnavas to be spreading lies... Krishna Himself might not like it if anybody is telling false things about ISKCON, which is founded by His pure devotee, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada...

Your humble servant,

Kavenesh
  • Hare Krishna,

>>"Let's say if a vegetarian food is mixed with onion and garlic, can I remove them and eat the rest? (while wearing tulsi kanthi mala) Does it count as eating onions and garlic?">>
    Yes, it does count as eating onion and garlic.

>>"I've stopped eating the onions and garlic,">>
    This is the process as recommended to us and good for spiritual growth.

>>"sometimes, I would have to eat a vegetarian food that is mixed with onions or garlic, or both">>
    Try avoiding maximum. If you sit and analyze carefully, you can definitely find some alternative solutions!

>>I need a complete guide about this so that I can eat the food that Krishna likes... and I can offer the food to Krishna...to make Him more satisfied...and more happy... >>
    Complete Blog post on 'Why Onion and Garlic is prohibited in KC'
    https://iskcondesiretree.com/profiles/blogs/why-onion-and-garlic-is

Prayers for honoring Prasadam and Offering
    https://iskcondesiretree.com/forum/topics/prayers-for-honouring-pra...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPT4-0hKLuY (How to prepare and offer food to Krishna?)

http://www.krishna.com/offering-food-krishna
    (Practical Offering Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCe41G4f7YA

YS,
    Why Onion and Garlic is prohibited in KC
    Why Onion and Garlic is prohibited in KC   Following information was sent via email sometime ago by HH Janananda Gosvami Maharaj. This in itself is a…
    • Hare Krishna, but what if my mother do not understand this and continues to ask me to eat the vegetarian foods with onions and garlic? Will Krishna get upset?

Your humble servant,

Kavenesh
        • Hare Krishna prabhu, thanks for the answer!

Your humble servant,

Kavenesh
This reply was deleted.