jainism

HARE KRISHNA

I always had a question on jainism my grandfather was a priest in a jain temple n he used to tell me that we do lots of austerities and we dont eat vegetables which has living entity in it, at the moment the world will end vishnu follower will die first then the jain followers he completely messed up my mind about jainism please help me explaining how did this jain religion come and why is ISKCON against them?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• SB 2.5.15 — The Vedic literatures are made by and are meant for the Supreme Lord, the demigods are also meant for serving the Lord as parts of His body, the different planets are also meant for the sake of the Lord, and different sacrifices are performed just to please Him.

SB 2.5.16 — All different types of meditation or mysticism are means for realizing Nārāyaṇa. All austerities are aimed at achieving Nārāyaṇa. Culture of transcendental knowledge is for getting a glimpse of Nārāyaṇa, and ultimately salvation is entering the kingdom of Nārāyaṇa.

• SB 5.6.9 — Śukadeva Gosvāmī continued speaking to Mahārāja Parīkṣit: My dear King, the King of Koṅka, Veṅka and Kuṭaka whose name was Arhat, heard of the activities of Ṛṣabhadeva and, imitating Ṛṣabhadeva’s principles, introduced a new system of religion. Taking advantage of Kali-yuga, the age of sinful activity, King Arhat, being bewildered, gave up the Vedic principles, which are free from risk, and concocted a new system of religion opposed to the Vedas. That was the beginning of the Jain dharma. Many other so-called religions followed this atheistic system.
    SB 5.6.10 — People who are lowest among men and bewildered by the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord will give up the original varṇāśrama-dharma and its rules and regulations. They will abandon bathing three times daily and worshiping the Lord. Abandoning cleanliness and neglecting the Supreme Lord, they will accept nonsensical principles. Not regularly bathing or washing their mouths regularly, they will always remain unclean, and they will pluck out their hair. Following a concocted religion, they will flourish. During this Age of Kali, people are more inclined to irreligious systems. Consequently these people will naturally deride Vedic authority, the followers of Vedic authority, the brāhmaṇas, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the devotees.
    Because all religions in present kali yuga more or less  deviates from original Vedic dharma principles, we dont need to blame any of them, but only those religious who praise the Lord's holy names and qualities according to the view of their scriptures will gradualy progress.
    Singing or chanting holy names are essential for spiritual progress of ordinary masses of people.

• hare krsna

thank u prabhu it really helped now its going to be easy for me to preach to others. but a small question they do alot of sacrifice so do they benefit from that?

• Every possible sattvic quality if finally and ultimately leads to devotional service will be counted as beneficial.

As it's said all good qualities are zeroes and indeed valueless unless combined with the one of Krishna.

Only Krishna factor would make them 10,100,1000......

• Without faith in God, all sacrifices and austerities are useless.

Thats my opinion.

• Hare keishna
    mataji dandavat pranam

Being a jain i can understand your problem

First of all iskcon is not again any religion as prabhupad said "ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU ATTEND THE LOVE OF GOD IS AUTHENTIC" here the doubt arises and we will consider every religion is authentic.....Yes thats true the process is not at all wrong ......but the problem is are those people follwing the process......thats why prabhupada gave us a simple process Hare krishna maha mantra
    ....If you want to know how jainism came read bhagvatam in that 3-4 chapters are there on rishbahdeva (1st tirthankara) you will get a good idea about this.........and if your dad says that Vishnu follower will die first then make him hear the shloka 2:20
    We dont dies the moment a person says that you will die immediately "DEHATMA BUDDHI COMES IN TO EXISTENSE "

hope this will help you
    Hare krishna
    Mithil Jain
    • hare krsna

sorry prabhu if you find it offending but i was tokn about jain as a religion and my question was why is iskcon against jainism? and m not a jain. sorry if u find my reply offensive to u but its gud to tell u what i was really askn.

hare krsna

This reply was deleted.