its not about superiority

Hare Krishna! why do these human beings were thinking of " who is superior among Krishna and Vishnu " ? Frm that a doubt arised in my mind as

1.) " How can u say Krishna is only superior and not Vishnu " ..? 

2.) " In gita Krishna Himself said you are saying! If he himself is the superior then he need not to get incarnated again in Dashavataras!....... Look always God incarnates into a new , not with known. For example, Lord Chaithanya! If Krishna Himself this person then why he named with new name why not same Krishna as it is, similarly to Lord  Nityaananda.  Here my question is Why Rama is not highlighted in your Krishna dynasty, if u say both are same then y u only teaching lessons from only BhagavadGeetha?? why not from Ramayana, even this Holy book is also a human moral guidelines book "..??

" Hare Krishna Hare Krishna,

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare!

Hare Rama Hare Rama,

Rama Rama Hare Hare!! "

Divine Grace!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prabhujis,

1.) recent conversation discussion says "no difference", then clear me one thing  Krishna  incarnated as Vishnu or Vishnu incarnated as Krishna??

2.) what about my second question?? 

• 1.)      krishna , yasodas son from vrindhavan,  appeared about 5000 years ago. 

2.) http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/9/10

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/9/11

you can read in srimad bhagavatam about lord ramacandra and find his dinasty line in detail.

• Hare krishna...

Please accept my humble obeisances and greetings. I saw all your questions and the wonderful answers given by devotees too. My humble request is that please kindly  start the chanting of  the hare krishna mahamantra and you will understand the answers to all your questions.

yours humble servant

Srikrishna Gaurnagnitai Das

• Jai Shree Hare Krishna, all prabhujis u r answering me that which is not suiting to the doubt which I rised in our discussion...

• Hare krsna prabhuji.

PAMHO. AGTSP.

Kindly refer to the verses (slokas) of "Sri Brahma Samhita" Chapter 5, and "Srimad Bhagavatam" Canto 1 Chapter 3, verses 1 to 28.

Your servant,

Arjuna Ananda Das

• SB 1.3.28 — All of the above-mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa is the original Personality of Godhead. All of them appear on planets whenever there is a disturbance created by the atheists. The Lord incarnates to protect the theists.

brahma samhita says :

govindam adi purusham tam aham bhajami 

krishna or vasudeva or janardana or govinda or narayana or kesava or....is source of all incarnations,

first purusha and supreme  god. 

this is all different names for the same person,

but that others incarnations like dhanvantari ,parashurama, and others,

are just parts and parcels of lord, as it says in SB-1.3.28

narayana or krishna are the same person in every aspect, as caitanya mahaprabhu said:

CC Madhya 9.152 — The Lord pacified Veṅkaṭa Bhaṭṭa by saying, “Actually whatever I have said is by way of jest. Now you can hear from Me the conclusion of the śāstras, in which every Vaiṣṇava devotee has firm faith.
        CC Madhya 9.153 — There is no difference between Lord Kṛṣṇa and Lord Nārāyaṇa, for They are of the same form. Similarly, there is no difference between the gopīs and the goddess of fortune, for they also are of the same form.
        CC Madhya 9.154 — “The goddess of fortune enjoys the association of Kṛṣṇa through the gopīs. One should not differentiate between the forms of the Lord, for such a conception is offensive.
        CC Madhya 9.155 — “There is no difference between the transcendental forms of the Lord. Different forms are manifested due to different attachments of different devotees. Actually the Lord is one, but He appears in different forms just to satisfy His devotees.
        we can see also, that krishna and narayana are same person from krishna birth in srimad bhagavam.
        so, saying that krishna or narayana or govinda or vasudeva isnt first adi purusha will be incorrect and wrong, but that cant apply on parashurama, narada, varaha, nrsimhadeva and others.

• SB 10.3.9-10 — Vasudeva then saw the newborn child, who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons śaṅkha, cakra, gadā and padma. On His chest was the mark of Śrīvatsa and on His neck the brilliant Kaustubha gem. Dressed in yellow, His body blackish like a dense cloud, His scattered hair fully grown, and His helmet and earrings sparkling uncommonly with the valuable gem Vaidūrya, the child, decorated with a brilliant belt, armlets, bangles and other ornaments, appeared very wonderful.

SB 10.3.44 — I have shown you this form of Viṣṇu just to remind you of My previous births. Otherwise, if I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Viṣṇu, has indeed appeared.

SB 10.3.46 — Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: After thus instructing His father and mother, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kṛṣṇa, remained silent. In their presence, by His internal energy, He then transformed Himself into a small human child.

• CC Madhya 9.152 — The Lord pacified Veṅkaṭa Bhaṭṭa by saying, “Actually whatever I have said is by way of jest. Now you can hear from Me the conclusion of the śāstras, in which every Vaiṣṇava devotee has firm faith.
    CC Madhya 9.153 — There is no difference between Lord Kṛṣṇa and Lord Nārāyaṇa, for They are of the same form. Similarly, there is no difference between the gopīs and the goddess of fortune, for they also are of the same form.
    CC Madhya 9.154 — “The goddess of fortune enjoys the association of Kṛṣṇa through the gopīs. One should not differentiate between the forms of the Lord, for such a conception is offensive.
    CC Madhya 9.155 — “There is no difference between the transcendental forms of the Lord. Different forms are manifested due to different attachments of different devotees. Actually the Lord is one, but He appears in different forms just to satisfy His devotees.
    caitanya mahaprabhu,  sri haridasa and srimad bhagavatam have been said clear their final conclusion about this.

sri caitanya said above :
     One should not differentiate between the forms of the Lord, for such a conception is offensive.
    but despite that , speculative offenders continue to do that, making them looking advanced in spiritual knowledge in the eyes of non intelligent humans. 

• Sevak

u only teaching lessons from only Bhagavad Geetha?? why not from Ramayana, even this Holy book

What you said is true. Even Ramayana is holy book and contains essential teachings for devotional service. In Sri Sampradaya there are many Sri vaishnava acarya commentaries on Ramayana and it is highly purifying to study them. 

Each sampradaya has prominent acaryas who have written commentaries on important scriptures which function almost like a textbook for the followers. Srila Prabhupad comes in the Brahma sampradaya. Srimad Bhagavatam & Bhagavad Gita commentary by Srila prabhupad is like the textbook for all His followers. This is fully in line with the teachings of Lord chaitanya. Prabhupad also has written other books extracting teachings from Srimad bhagavatam & Bhagavad Gita. Note all vaishnav sampradayas accept Bhagavad Gita as main scripture. In addition other scriptural commentaries by their respective acaryas may be accepted

Also there are commentaries on Ramayana by acaryas in brahma sampradaya. Srimad Bhagavatam also describes pastimes of Lord Rama. Disciples of Srila prabhupad have also given commentaries from Ramayana in books and lectures. There is nothing incorrect in readin Ramayana writen by Vaishnava acaryas

YAS Bharat

• Sevak

Hare Krsna Vamsi Pr

Please accept my obeisance. Thank you for your question. 

How can u say Krishna is only superior and not Vishnu ?

There is no question of superiority or inferiority of them.  There is commonality and difference. Commonality of Krsna and visnu is that they are both supreme personality of godhead. Difference is that Krsna is the original supreme personality of godhead. This is beautifully explained in Brahma samhita as below 

dipaarcir eva hi dashaantaram abhyupetya
    dipaayate vivrta-hetu-samaana-dharmaa
    yas taadrg eva hi ca vishnutayaa vibhaati
    govindam aadi-purusham tam aham bhajaami (Brahma Samhita 5.46)

The light of one candle being communicated to other candles, although it burns separately in them, is the same in its quality. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda who exhibits Himself equally in the same mobile manner in His various manifestations.

Here lord Brahma gives example of candle. If there are many identical candles and they are lit by one another, then the intensity of light of all the candles is same(commonality). Still since all candles are lit by one another, there is one candle which originally lit the other candles, that first candle has a specialty that it lit other candles(difference). Further Lord Brahma says, Krsna is like the original candle among all the Visnu . There is no superiority or inferiority.

By performing pure devotional service to Visnu/Rama/ Narasimha/ Varaha / Vamana one can attain love of godhead. Examples of this are - Dhruva Maharaja, Ambarish Maharaj, Prahlad maharaj, Hanuman, Jatayu, Bali Maharaj.

This reply was deleted.