Replies

• Hare Krsna!

I can answer this to the best possible way...reason...im Srila Bhakti Swaroop Damodar Swami's direct disciple..

Srila Prabhupada gave the complete onus of Scientific Preaching to Maharaj alone....Srila Prabhupada ordered ISKCON to give 10 thousand dollars a month to Maharaj for his preaching activities...but sadly kaliyuga creeped in badly even inside ISKCON...and maharaj never got this...Srila Prabhupada was disobeyed...but maharaj never fought never argued or never even asked for it...

He simply left it saying...they are disobeying Prabhupada and Krsna will take care...y shud we misbehave and lose our Vaishnava ettiquette...we must be taror eva sahishnuna......i have seen how Maharaj struggled till his very end...without money and funds...but Maharajs purity and firm faith and love for Srila Prabhupada got him through very easily.....Now wat...? Maharaj is no more...so every body is doing Scientific preaching....people who havent even been trained properly are entering prime prestigious institutes and preaching the way they want and calling it scientific preaching....not one or two.....Many people are doing it world over....Only BI was assigned this task by Srila Prabhupad.....but everybody although not empowered is trying to take it up...

So the answer to ur question is Only Gurumaharaj Srila Bhakti Swaroop Damodar Maharaj was empowered to do this task...and no one else...Some prominent people were trained by Maharaj for this...hence they are authorised and exactly know how to do it...not any tom dick and harry...

No offences...i might seem heavy but its all a fact...i have been with Maharaj and seen all this happening...so im saying...

anyways...Gaur premaanande,

Vaishnava dasanudas,

Amarnath das

• Sevak

Hare Krishna Prabhu

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I fully sympathize with your setbacks. 

Could you kindly clarify what you (or BI) mean by "scientific preaching" which you seem to claiming as a proprietary activity exclusively and rightfully belonging to BI ?

Also please provide references from prabhupad statements, tapes etc from which it becomes clear how ONLY HH Bhakti Swaroop Damodar maharaj and no one else was allowed to do this "scientific preaching".

The points which is being conveyed from above comment do not make much sense from the perspective of Krsna consiousness. 

..so every body is doing Scientific preaching....people who havent even been trained properly are entering prime prestigious institutes and preaching the way they want and calling it scientific preaching....not one or two.....Many people are doing it world over...

Needless to say that this refers to Voice. 

What is the result of such preaching ? Hundreds and thousands of students and professionals have taken to krsna consciousness in a never before manner in last 25 years. 

So many centers worldwide derive inspiration and want to do such preaching because this is spreading krishna consciousness.

If someone is unable to see the successful propagation of Krsna Consciousness through means which is other than what they r doing, then it is very sad. One should learn to appreciate the results of successful propagation of Krsna consciousness.

In case one sees voice activities as affecting the preaching of BI, then please consider this, the prime prestigious institutes have been there for decades before Voice or even Iskcon was started. BI was started decades before Voice started. How successful has BI been in doing its "scientific preaching" ?

Kindly provide reference to instruction of Srila prabhupad of giving USD 10,000 every month. In case this was the instruction given by Srila prabhupad, which was never followed why did the concerned people not approach Srila prabhupad himself ? 

• hare krsna!
        first of all im not writing this for the purpose of some entertaining gossip or politics but just to simply state the truth in a palatable way..
        Srila Prabhupada introduced this term of scientific preaching as an alternating medium of preaching to make the "atheistic materially puffed up scholars" Krsna Conscious..! He said repeatedly that the scientists drive the society for the people in general accept the scientists as authority . Now if the scientists become Krsna Conscious they can very easily influence the general mass in accepting god as an authority instead of denying his very existence.
        For this purpose, Srila Prabhupada instructed His Holiness BhaktiSwaroop Damodar Maharaj to carry out this work as he was a PhD from the US and had many scientists as his friends.
        Also one may find SP and Maharaj(Dr Td singh) discussing more on this in the famous book Life comes from Life. Srila Prabhupada said that our regular preaching of Bhagavad gita and Bhagavatam will attract people who have little traces of purva janma sukrti but the scientific oriented group due to maya ya apahrta jnana wont accept the authority of the scriptures, hence we must explain the philosophy in a scientific manner stating facts etc and finally get them to the reality.
        Srila Prabhupada founded the BI and named Maharaj the Director and instructed that young scientific students must be trained by maharaj how to preach...
        Also one may find in many places like Morning walks especially in the US also in SP tapes where SP says our dear swarup damodar will intellectually defeat the atheists...
        So its not that no one should do scientific preaching...but im simply saying that it must be carried out as per what SP wanted it to be and according to how Mahraj himself did when he was alive...
        And as far as i stating the above comment...please consider i clearly said...."Many institutes around the world..." I know many of them...and let me clearly state...im not refering to VOICE as i myself know HG Radheshyaam pr for many years...i have been in places like pune and personally seen Bace and bhakta prahlad school activities ...they are soo very wonderful...
        And please pr...im not a person who is envious because of increasing devotees.....infact im very happy when more people chant the holy name...
        BI's activities in the past 25 years have been remarkable..
        Scientists like:
        sir roger penrose(rouse ball prof oxford univ)
        Sir charles townes(inventor of laser)
        Michael behe
        and many many more who were all atheistic...have submitted papers appreciating god's creation and his very existence...
        Also there have been soo many international conferences on science and spirituality attracting 1000s of young students towards kc.... The most famous being an Interfaith dialogue in Rome Italy where religiuos leaders from other religions also came and apprecited the path of pure bhakti...(some even loudly chanted the mahamantra)
        so its been very successful..
        Anyways i just wanted to spread awareness about His Holiness Bhakti Swarup Damodar Maharaj and the important seva of scientific preaching...i thought it was necessary as many centres and many individuals even abroad are doing their own self concocted way and calling it scientific preaching...however they all remain as apasampradayas...
        EVERY BODYS SERVANT

• Sevak

Thank you very much for the clarification prabhu

• Hare Krishna,

First listen to Lectures of Radhey Shyam Prabhu before making abhorrent remarks. Prabhu is such an advanced devotee and words coming out of his mouth are real Pearls of Wisdom, pure Knowledge. Please don't tag brand and institutionalize preaching. Voice never preaches anything outside of Krishna consciousness or Srila Prabhupada's teaching. And to listen to Radhey Shyam Prabhu and get dust of his lotus feet itself will help to move miles ahead in spiritual life. Hare Krsna

• hare krsna mataji 

dandavata pranam

i  never ever think of defaming and making any abhorrent remark on any Vaisnava , who is preaching KC to each and every youth and touching there heart.

please mataji, try to be mature and think in broader perspective of KC.

it is my Guaranty that if u listen the lecture of His divine Grace Shri Shrimad Gour Govind Swami Maharaj

then u get advancement in spiritual life 

we always try to serve, who give pleasure to our heart due to which we does not reach to satguru, so please listen lecture of any Gurumaharaj which will purify ur heart because purity level of each vaisnava is not same   

so go to youtube and contact hg radheshyam prabhuji to provide you Shri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaj lectures 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Ankit Prabhuji. Dandvat Pranam. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Instead of Groupism won't we should appreciate everyone's contribution in whatever way they are doing and see ISKCON as a whole and not that department, this department,this prabhu, this maharaj?

Yas,

Hari BOL

• srila prabhupada says if u r in this devotional service, u should take it very seriously

• Volunteer

What should we take very seriously? Giving Krishna Consciousness to all in whatever way we can or fight between departments ?

Yas

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.