Replies

• Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

mataji, the surest way to know if someone is an avatara or not is whether he is mentioned in the shastras.

Hari bol!

• Hare Krishna 

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Dandvat 

pamho mata ji , We should always learn from Shashtra , KRISHNA  is veda himself , no doubt that RAMKRISHNA PARAMHANSA IS liberated soul and also spiritual master but literally they did not follow shashtra and without shashtra to understanding krishna is very very difficult even many delivers soul could't understand who is krishna although they all in blessing of krishna.

in Bhagvad Geeta Chapter 8 verse 16

abrahma-bhuvanal lokah punar avartino 'rjuna 
      mam upetya tu kaunteya punar janma na vidyate    

Meaning:- From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to My abode, O son of Kunti, never takes birth again.

Sure Ramkrishna pramhansa was not pure vaishnav devotee he will come  in the material world

according to shastra not any personal realisation

in Bhagvad Geeta Chapter 16 verse 23

yah sastra-vidhim utsrjya vartate kama-karatah 
      na sa siddhim avapnoti na sukham na param gatim

Meaning:- But he who discards scriptural injunctions and acts according to his own whims attains neither perfection, nor happiness, nor the supreme destination.

Your Servant 

Ravi Dewangan

• Volunteer

If you are referring to RamaKirhsna Paramahamsa, the answer is NO. Absolutely Not!

Prabhupada said about Ramakrishna:

"Ramakrishna was impotent and he called his wife "mother".

Some people thought, wow! he is calling his own wife mother? he is so great... etc. This I am saying because, my guru maharaj said this to me."

Ramakrishna himself claimed that he was not God.

Once one of his chelas asked if he was God. At the time Ramakrishna had one of his arms fractured.

Ramakrishna replied."Have you ever heard of God having his hand fractured?"

• Hare Krishna Shravan prabhu,

Please forgive me but one should not write anything which do not have any proofs. If somebody is in to Krishna Conciousness (a Vaishnava) he should be more concious about the feelings of all souls. A pure Vaishnava never induldges in such talks.

I don't know how far it is true that Prabhupada ever said such thing but even if it is true still i would say that we should not immitate him. He is a liberated soul, his purpose on earth was different. He was specially very strict against mayavadis. But we are not at his level. so kindly think multiple times before writing such words and kindly always mention the reference of Prabhpada's dated lecture, quote or book else many people cannot just accept whatever you write.

And about Ramakrishna paramhansa, everyone knows that he was an exalted devotee of devi Kali. He even claimed to have met chaitnaya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda in mayapur. His daily prayers included the prayers that O' mother kindly remove your illusion from my mind so that i can worship supreme lord. read in one of his books few years back.  Yes i agree neither he was Lord Vishnu , nor he ever claimed. so even if we do not accept his philosphy we should not intentionally disrespect him,it is not the attitude of a Vaishnava.

Your servant

Amit Kapoor

• hare kirshna. 

my dear friend, there are ample number of quotes from srila prabhupada, bhakti vinod thakur and bhakti siddhant saraswati thakur regarding this topic. we are just repeating what our acharya have taught us. thaey also taught us how to present the truth. those who show much sympathy towards mayavadi philosophy and those who preach that, also is infected with that. so be carefull.

• Ample number of quotes? show me what you ve got, never speak anything without proper reference from scriptures it only becomes speculation.Do you think that you are in that elevated position to correct other Vaisnava devotees? Remember Srila Bhakti Siddant Sarasvati Prabhupada said 
          "Dont try to find faults or correct others, find fault and correct in you.

• Volunteer

Prabhupäda: Big, big swamis, they are advocating, "Eat meat."
            Guest (2): Is that right?
            Prabhupäda: Oh yes. Ramakrishna Mission, they eat meat.
            Guest (2): I don't think so.
            Prabhupäda: Oh, yes.

(September 11, 1972, Arlington, Texas, At Their Home)

Prabhupäda: Suska, Suska means dry. Oh, it is material, I shall not touch. I shall not touch. Just like that rascal, Ramakrishna, if anyone wanted to give him some money (gesture). (laughter) How, he does not touch money. These rascals, why shall I not touch? Come on, you have got money, George Harrison, spend. Yes, come on, I shall take it, for Krsna. We haven't come to this house for living very comfortably and enjoying. No, we have come here for Krsna's service.

(July 9, 1973, London)

Prabhupäda: No, no. Ramakrishna we kick out. We don't.
            Yogeçvara: He says he's not familiar personally with him.
            Prabhupäda: Ramakrishna is bogus.

(Room Conversation with Rosicrucians , August 13, 1973, Paris)

Prabhupäda: What the Ramakrishna mission has done?
            Professor: Yes.
            Prabhupäda: Ramakrishna mission has done this, that they have learned to drink wine and eat meat, that's all, from the Western countries. That's all.
            Professor: Yes. This is so.
            Prabhupäda: Yes. That is their contribution. And they have spoiled the Hindu culture.
            Professor: Oh. Yes?
            Prabhupäda: Yes. Yes. Because Vivekananda said, "Oh, what is the harm there, in eating? You can eat whatever you like. It doesn't matter in religion." It was the first. And he himself was eating anything. So all the Ramakrishna mission sannyäsis still, they are eating meat, egg and everything, especially in America. Yes. Fish is no consideration. That is daily affair. And the turkey,... Yes. Instead of preaching here, they have taken the Western method. And Vivekananda's preaching is like Western missionaries-open hospitals, school...
            Professor: You are right, yes.

(Room Conversation with Sanskrit Professor , August 13, 1973, Paris)

Prabhupäda: Yes. Ramakrishna was a first-class Mäyävädi.
            Dr. Patel: Which Ramakrishna?
            Prabhupäda: This Ramakrishna Mission.

(Morning Walk , February 23, 1974, Vrndavana)

Prabhupäda: Then they will be very much pleased. And as soon as you criticize, that "You are doing this wrong, you will suffer." "Oh, yes, this Swamiji is not (indistinct)." That is going on everywhere. In the name of religion you do all nonsense rascaldom, and the leader approves, "Yes, you can do." Vivekananda did it. "Yes, there is no difference between eating meat and not eating eat in terms of religion system." He preached this, and all the sannyäsis of the Ramakrishna Mission they eat meat, they drink, they have woman secretary, everything. This Chinmayananda is also like that. I know his whole mischief. Unless one is purely Krsna conscious, one cannot give up all these bad habits. This is the test.

(Morning Walk , April 24, 1974, Hyderabad)

You know the history of Ramakrishna? Did I say? Yes. So he had no appetite, and he very tactfully said, "Oh, you are not my wife. You are my mother." And he became Bhagavän.
            Tamäla Krsna: So if he had no appetite it means he was transcendentally situated?
            Prabhupäda: No, no. Not transcendentally. In his young time he used so many women that after marriage he was impotent. So he could not use, and he made a tact that "I see all women as my mother, even my wife." And that made him famous, this jugglery. Phuraphai(?) govindäya namah. Flying, what is called? Puffed rice flying, "All right, govindäya namah. I offer to Govinda." Phuraphai govindäya. Where is in the history that a saintly person has called his wife "mother"? The saintly person give some home, that's all. And where is the, such instance—a saintly man calls his wife as "mother"? He is the only man. "Mä."

(Morning Walks, January 22-23, 1976, Mäyäpur)

• Hare Krishna Amit Prabhu,

You dont even have a doubt that Srila Prabhupada said about RamKrishna Paramhamsa.Even if Srila Prabhupada said it has to be true. You cant judge anyone by your defective vision so accept the authority  Srila Prabhupada the only saviour of all fallen souls.

• Volunteer

Amit Prabhu,

I have no disrespect for Mr Ramakrishnaji.

Kirtana or preaching means, just passing on the information AS IT IS, as spoken by our Acharyas. I cannot sugarcoat it because I have respect for Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.

I used to read his books when I was a in school. One of his saying (perhaps from scriptures) that impressed upon me was "Human birth is so rare, that we must not waste it, but use it in God realization"

Not sure why you think I disrespected him.

• Thank you very much Shravan Prabhu. It is really great to hear from Prabhupada ji...
This reply was deleted.