Is it dangerious to Spiritual life to Pray to Sri Rama?

PAMHO

AGTSP

AGTSG&SG

Hare Krishna

I have been meditating and chanting alot, but mainly thinking of the past times of Sri Rama and Sri Lakshmana. Is this dangerious? I know that this possibly leads to Ayodhya Dham.

But I also know Sri Rama is Sri Krishna. Please instruct me.

Your Servant,

Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DANDAVAT PRANAMS PRABHUJI'S & MATAJI'S

LORD SHREE RAMA IS LORD SHREE KRISHNA AND LORD SHREE KRISHNA IS LORD SHREE RAMA, SRILA PRABHPADA JI HAS MENTIONED IN ONE OF HIS PURPORTS WHERE HIS HOLINESS COMPARED THE SITUATION OF ARJUNA IN THE BATTLEFIELD. ARJUNA HAD FLAG OF HANUMANJI SO HANUMANJI WAS PRESENT, HE HAD THE RATH GIVEN BY AGNI DEVTA & MORE IMPORTANATLY HE HAD LORD KRISHNA BY HIS SIDE WHO IS LORD RAMA HIMSELF. AND SINCE GODDESS OF FORTUNE RESIDES ALWAYS WHERE HER HUSBAND IS SO THAT POINT WAS ALSO IN HIS FAVOUR AS LORD KRISHNA(HUSBAND OF GODDESS OF FORTUNE) WAS HIS GUIDE. SO ARJUNA'S VICTORY WAS CERTAIN AS WELL

ALSO DURING ONE ON THE PASTIMES OF OUR BELOVED BHAGAVAN SHREE KRISHNA IT IS MENTIONED THAT MOTHER YASHODA WAS TELLING KANHAIYA JI THE RAMAYANA. DURING THE COURSE OF THIS TALK THE INCIDENT OF MOTHER SITA'S ABDUCTION BY EVIL RAVAN CAME. HEARING THIS OUR LITTLE GOPAL JI GOT ANGRY AND LIFTED HIS PLAYING BOW & ARROW. MOTHER YASHODA WAS SO MUCH DELIGHTED SEEING HIS KANHA'S SWEET ACT. I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY SUCH ACTS WHICH I AM YET TO COME ACROSS HIGHLIGHTING THE SAME FEELING.

THERE ARE SOME DEVOTEES WHO IN LOVE OF LORD RAMA CONSIDER HIM BIGGER THAN LORD KRISHNA. THAT IS NOT GOOD TOO. WE ARE TOO SMALL & INSIGNIFICANT TO MAKE SUCH COMPARISONS.

MY SINCERE REQUEST TO ALL DEVOTEES IS NOT TO GET INTO THIS COMPARISON MODE THAT THIS IS BIG , THAT IS SMALL(ESPCIALLY INCASE OF LORD RAMA & LORD KRISHNA). AS BOTH THESE SWARUPA'S OF GOD ARE BEAUTIFUL & DESERVE UTMOST RESPECT , LOVE & BHAKTI. SO WHOEVER WISHES TO LOVE LORD RAMA OR LORD KRISHNA LET HIM DO SO

LET US LOVE BOTH & RESTRICT OTHER DEVOTEES ON DISCUSSING THIS SUBJECT OF COMPARISON

PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I OFFENDED ANYONE'S FEELING

JAI SITARAM , JAI RADHEYSHYAM

YOUR VERY HUMBLE SERVANT

VINAY

• Hari Bol Prabhu jee.

Please suggest which scripture mentions that Krsna picked bow and arrow and his mother told him story of Ramayana.

Hari Aum Tatsat.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• HARI BOL PRABHUJI

This story was told to me by a Panditji and I loved listening to it as one of Bhagavan's Pastimes. I did not find it appropriate to ask Panditji the source. Had I known that GREAT PERSONALITIES like your Goodself will question it some day I would have definately kept a tab on it. Please forgive me for not displaying such wisdom.

your servant

Vinay

• I think that asking such a personal question on a forum site as this is dangerous, not your devotion to Sri Rama. If you can feel any devotion for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, you are very fortunate. Don't be misled by any ideas of "higher" or "lower" stages in the spiritual world. If you can, speak personally to a senior devotee you trust and reveal your mind there. Revealing your mind to people you don't know can harm you devotion and raise doubts such as is.

Hare Krsna!

• Volunteer
    Dear David Hare Krsna! I had a very wonderful Ram nauvami at Bhaktividanta Manor in the UK.
    H.H. Radhanath maharaja gave 2 days of ecstatic Rama lila katha that was so relishable and we all chantEd the names of Lord Ramachandra, Sita devi, Laksman and Hanuman. We are ALL very fortunate.
    The rest of the year we do exclusive and one pointed devotion for Radha and Krsna.
    That is taught to us by our beloved Srila Prabhupada who discuraged us from chanting Rama bhajans at any other time than this Ramnauvami festival.
    This is because as you have felt, you are mixing the desire to serve Sita Rama with the desire to serve Radha Krsna and that will produce a different result.
    Lord Chaitanya asked Maurari Gupta to exclusively pray to Krsna giving up the worship of Lord Rama.
    Maurari understood that Krsna,s servivice is the highest and he said he would follow Lord Chaitanya's order but he found he could not remoove from his heart his attachment for Lord Ramachandra.
    The next day he asked Lord Chaitanya if he could give up his life as he could not follow this order.
    Lord Chaitanya was very happy to hear of his steadfast love and declared that Maurari was actually Hanuman and that Ramachandra is his eternal isthadev.
    So, we should honour the Lords incarnations but have that steadfast love and devotion for Lord Sri Krsna who is the most attractive, beautiful and intimate in His loving pastimes, madhurya rasa. Hare Krsna.
    • Hare Krishna

Thank you Jagadatma Prabhuji.

This information is very helpful for this question!

Dandavats to You.

Your Servant,

Bhakta David

• Volunteer

David Prabhuji, we will be veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grateful if we achieve even Ayodhya. 

It means we have to cultivate in us humility, humility.

Please associate with Devotees, please try to serve to Them!

Oh yes Prabhuji, do You have Temple near by Your home? If so please try to go to Mangala Arati and chant along with Devotees.

without association with Devotees we never ever get taste for the Holy Names. but will only think that we are great souls and start to speculate things (of course i m not talking about You, but it happens so).

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna

Thank you Mataji. I always appreciate your instructions. You are always checking me and making sure my bhakti grows stronger. Unlimited dandavats to you.

Your Servant,

Bhakta David

• Hare Krishna,
    Pamho, Agtsp. There is no problem in being inclined towards Lord Rama. Hanuman was the greatest devotee of Lord Rama. V can be like that. U can achieve perfection..
  • I am also more inclined towards Lord Shree Rama. Since my childhood days I feel more attached to Him. Lord Krishna and Lord Rama are both the same. The scriptures say that chanting Lord Krishna's name is equivalent to chanting Shree Rama's name thrice. Thus, there is no doubt that the name "Krishna" is stronger.  However, "Jaaki rahi bhawna jaisi, prabhu murti dekhi tin taisi"....You will see the Lord in that state that you want to see Him.

This reply was deleted.