Hare Krishna and dandwat pranam to all !!!

I am quite unhappy the way Iskcon is operating. I am an active member and doing regular service.

But whenever I am asking any question about anything I am getting a question in reply.

Sorry to say that but most of the devotees I found is fake they will use flattery words..

I thanks Prabhupad for making me aware of Krishna..I may leave Iskcon but I will always follow Srila Prabhupad instruction..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Unhappy with the way Iskcon is operating

1. It is nature of material world to make us unhappy whether v r in Iskcon or outside, depending on kala and karma 

2. Institution made of imperfect living entities cannot be always expected to operate perfectly. But it can always have the perfect end goal and it definitely always has the perfect process to make the followers reach the end goal.

3. The best expectation to have from a religious society is opportunity to serve and purification of our consciousness through association. 

Krsna has given human beings freedom for expression. They are free to use it the way they want - flattering way or harshly, truth or lies. We have no control over how they use their speech. Krsna has also given us the intelligence to discriminate upon what speech is useful and what is not. What person to associate and what not. Nobody can force us to do anything, even if they have fed us 3 meals everyday for our entire lives.

Whether to be in Iskcon or not so much again is a personal decision. But the decision has to be made with full awareness of all possible options. Hence one of the option is to avoid the elements that we find not favourable to our KC and accept the elements which are favourable. There is ample opportunity for this if we take out our own ego out of the picture. The society is after all for our spiritual benefit. Practically it would mean we accept the most important aspects which Srila Prabhupada wanted to give us - Holy name, Srimad Bhagavatam, opportunity to hear, sing and dance with devotees, doing menial service like prasadam serving, cleaning temple etc. It would be best to not give up these aspects because these are our only hope. meanwhile maintain distance from unfavourable circumstances in a non-envious manner. This way we can have the best of what Srila Prabhupad wanted to give us. 

YS Bharat

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Very sorry to hear about your bad experience with devotees. 

Srila Prabhupada had said - please cooperate with each other, dont leave ISKCON ever. He would cry when devotees would tell him that we have faith in you, but cannot continue in ISKCON because we dont like the other devotees. Isnt the same situation happening now?

When you interact with these "fake" devotees, please make a mental note to not become like them one day. Go to the temple to do service, not for gossip or even to make friends. Look for appreciation from Krsna alone, do your sadhana with sincerity, read books. 

There can be 1000 reasons to leave, there is only 1 reason to stay - it is Srila Prabhupada's desire that his followers continue in ISKCON. That is a BIG ENOUGH reason. 

This is my humble submission prabhuji.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Mata Ji I am fully agree with your point..But even the preacher is also having their ego with them..then how can we feel motivated..From whom to seek guidance?

• E-Counselor

You are not alone prabhuji. We all are facing such issues, to greater or lesser degree.

The idea is to rise above that and keep the focus firmly on Krsna. THis is actually a very good lesson learnt if we persevere. I am speaking from my experience. Spiritual progress is fast if one learns tolerance. 

For guidance, please turn to Srila Prabhupada books, lectures by advanced devotees like HG Jananivas Prabhuji, HH Bhakti TIrtha Maharaj, HH Gaur Govinda Maharaj, HH Bhanu Swamy Maharaj. Basically you can tune into SB class every morning at Mayapur.tv. 

This reply was deleted.