intercaste marriage

hare krishna to all the devotees. is intercaste marriage allowed in hinduism. what vedas say about this topic bcoz now a days many honour killing are being done in this name. it is said if a lower caste born boy married to upper caste born girl, both go to hell, is it really true or just a  self conceived notion of society? pls forgive me if i m asking something wrong in my ignorance

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees,  please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It says that mostly child gets the qualities of a mother and if i am not wrong abilities of a father. As like Venu Maharaja's Father was a great king but his mother was from a demoniac line. in this way he also became demoniac king. 

If mother is a brahmana and father is a shudra then child will be a nishada which means shudra with the qualities of a brahmana. 

In order to have a nice family and children boy in everything should be little bit higher than a girl.

By nature girls are very proud and they do not respect much those who are less to them.

But if husband is greater than her then she will be submissive and respectful as a result they will invite a nice soul as their child.

mother educates child by her own prachar - own actions towards her husband and children follow her.

In this way it is very important that father is greater in caste than mother.

We can call everyone shudra in Kali Yuga but even though we can see that not all of us like to do the similar things. Some of us have inclination for earning money, some of us for managing, some of us for teaching...

and as told by other Devotees here, we see the caste of a person not by birth but by qualities.

Your servant, 

• if varna is out of 'Guna-Karma' then what is the need of coining the term nishada, Sudra with Bramhanical Quality ... if it is quality better call him to be Bramhana (as this cast system is not by birth)

• Hare krishna to all devotees.

actually i wanted to get enlightment on the above topic of intercaste marriage.

i like a girl who is of upper caste than me. i red in some articles that according to ved a man cannot marry a girl of caste upper than him. also in the above article i red that if you want to move closer to krishna arrange marriage is necessary, which is my ultimate goal - krishna. also as said by my guru, if a person have a intercast marriage his past generations suffer in some manner and it is also not accepted by the ved or the gods.

Please help me to enlighten my mind on the above topic guruji. if i am wrong in any aspect please kindly forgive me.

Hare krishna

• Volunteer
    Marriage is there to insure that if there are any children they will be properly cared for. While there is some license for sense pleasure in the grhastha ashrama, the fact remains that the man can only discharge semen if there is full agreement that a child is the sole purpose of that act. Any enjoyment or pleasure is simply a concomitant byproduct. Regardless of caste or any societal position, it is of paramount importance that a Vaishnava be completely transcendental to any idea of social hierarchy.
    • hare krishna prabhu g. thnx for ur reply
  • Hare Krishna Mataji,
    PAMHO!! AGTSP!!

Actually we are the followers of Sanatana Dharma hence in the previous ages the Vedic Varna-Ashrama was established in the soceity. Hence, according to the Varna (i.e. Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaishya or shudra) of the boy and girl their parents used to fix there marriage depending upon the horoscope and the similarities in the the qualities and inclinations of both boy and girl. Hence, if a boy of lower varna or in other words if we say that if a boy of qualities of shudra marries a girl who possesses quality of a brahmana then there is a miss match in the natures and inclinations of the couple.

Only in kala yuga everybody is a shudra hence it doesn't matter whether the person is a boy or a girl.

But in Vaishnava communities both boys and girls try to find a probable match in the community itself, which ultimately help them to come closer to Krsna .

Please understand the aim or goal of marriage(or Grihasta Ashrama ) is to help each other to come closer to Krishna and not any other motivation.

So where is the question of inter caste marriage in kala yuga where everybody is a shudra. only devotees know the real purpose of life and marriage.
    • hare krishna prabhu g , thanx for this valuable information about the aim of marriage and true facts of caste.
  • there is no religion called hinduism in bhagwat gita . and the class of person is not decided by his birth but by his conduct and qualities .if the qualities in both ppl r same they belong to same caste or class .
This reply was deleted.