Importance of Guru in Krishna Consiousness

Hare Krishna to all Matajis, Prabhujis & Devotees

There are so many devotees on ISKCON DESIRE TREE who are very new and even old also on ISKCON DESIRE TREE,  who actually are not aware of the Importance of Guru in Krishna Consciousness so kindly all Vaishnav and Dr. Devotees kindly put the light on the importance of Guru in Krishna Consciousness.

Hare Krishna

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The vedic literatures are like a huge pharmacy containing different prescriptions (ways and means for moksha)for different persons of different aptitute. A guru is the one who is the confidential servant of the supreme lord and sent by him for that fortunate soul who filters and prescribes the best path suitable for a jivatma who is very anxious to attain the lord. Without a Sri Guru; a candidate is sure to get bewildered in the spiritual journey on the way back home back to godhead.

• to think that krishna will guide always and no guru is needed is unauthentic,if its so why to preach!why gita!why guru!why iskcon itself! can we imagine that cannibals and uncivilized people will become god conscious without having a guru!why not we use mundane examples to make a point clear!

• With a medical book you can't be a surgeon, it need practical lessons, if it's so, spiritual knowledge is more in need of a guide.
    • We have srila prabhupada as our eternal siksha guru and his disciples as diksha gurus and siksha gurus.iskcon is here to guide us and devotees who coming under this parampara to help us to understand transcendental topics.merely some Sanskrit knowledge or having some books make none a spiritual master or authority and if someone Poses as devotee and blasfaming bonafied gurus he is a demon as guru is good as god.
  • Dear All Devotees Dandvat!!!!!!!!!!! PAMHO!!!!!!!! AGTSP!!!!!!!!!! Radhey! Radhey! Thanks for all your opinion on this blog. Kindly other devotees also share their view on this so that it could be more clarify.

Aakash Prabhuji kindly do not take the Dean Prabhuji's explanation through other way because if you really want to know Lord Krishna and want to be his pure devotee then you need to accept a bonafide spritual master without that you can not see the Lord and you can not understand the ultimate power of Lord.

In case you still have some hesitation to accept a bonafide spritual master then you can accep Sri Mad Bhagwad Gita or Sri Mad Bhagwatam as a bonafide spritual Master.

Since Sri Bhagwad Gita said by Lord Krishna himself and Sri Mad Bhagwatam recite by Ved Vyasa then both of them can be consider as a bonafide spritual master but make sure that you have accept all the instruction as it is mention in them but after all you can become the pure devotee of the Lord by sincerly serving the devotees of the Lord.

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari

Hare Krishna

• hare krishna. heus question's answer has been very beautifully explained in the guru tattva booklet and another book which i am attaching with this... kindly have a read and clear all your doubts

hare krishna

always in your service

Guru-Tattva-booklet.pdf

Spiritual Master and Disciple.docx

• Sevak

Thank yo very much

• Hare Krsna Prabhu,

Thanks for the wonderful share!!

HariBol!!

• Yes they are preaching to us, but you are ignoring what exactly is it that they are preaching from the SB verse 11.3.21 which I quoted in the previous answer: "...seek a bona fide spiritual master and take shelter of him by initiation". If you are truly surrendering to them as your gurus then also accept the above instruction by them and accept initiation from a bona fide living spiritual master. If you are picking and choosing some instructions but ignoring the rest then you are not truly devoted to them.

Another point to clarify is that all the great devotees' names you have mentioned are our spiritual masters, but there are two types of spiritual masters: siksha-guru and diksha-guru. The above mentioned devotees can act as our siksha-guru, but not diksha-guru because we can only accept diksha from a living guru, with whom we can communicate as depicted in the below verses which I have mentioned in my previous answers:

Hari Das Thakur in Harinam Cintamani chapter 6 verse  8:

8. "The soul should humbly speak to a bona fide spiritual master, who is a peaceful devotee of Lord Krsna. In that way the soul is able to cross over the ocean of birth and death.

Lord Sri Krsna in Bhagavad-Gita As It Is 4.34: 

TRANSLATION

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.

In order to advance spiritually we need both the types of gurus, we cannot do away with diksha-gurus, this has been repeatedly emphasized by the acharyas in our line. Even the Supreme Personalities of Godhead Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai and all the acaryas in our line have accepted diksha from a living guru. It would be extremely foolish to ignore their opinion on the matter. 

Again I repeat myself before you make any open statement you must consider the three-fold opinion of guru, sadhu and sastra.

For my argument I am stating all three: Evidence from current ISKCON gurus(quotes by HG Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari in a previous answer), Quotes by Sadhus like Hari Das Thakur(mentioned above) adn Srila Rupa Gosvami(mentioned in a previous answer) and Sastra (SB 11.3.21). You are only providing your personal opinion or providing sastric verses which do not explicitly refute my argument. 

I am once again sincerely hoping that you are convinced by my line of argument

• Hare Krishna Dean Prabhu,

Do you mean we dont need any Guru or spiritual master to attain perfection in life and

consider supreme personality of godhead as our spiritual master?

Your servant

Aakash

This reply was deleted.