Dear devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances,

All glories to Guru and Gauranga,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

1.  Vedic life teaches that there are ONLY FOUR ASHRAMAS (Bramhachari, Grihasta, Vanaprastha,    Sanyasi). So where we can put couple who want divorce ? Where they will fit.
  2. Is it possible to break sacred vow of marriage (in front of fire sacrifice) by artificial law of divorce (by telling lies???)
  3. Does Srila Prabhupada approve divorce. What is Srila Prabhupada's opinion about divorce.
  4. Many devotees says we should walk as per "Kala, Desha, Patra" - / Time, Place, Circumstances". and change vedic rules. How this is true about divorce - a Kali yuga Phenomeno.. Can we justify Divorce with Vedic Culture. 

ys,

Sachin

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Many devotees says we should walk as per "Kala, Desha, Patra" - / Time, Place, Circumstances". and change vedic rules. How this is true about divorce - a Kali yuga Phenomeno.. Can we justify Divorce with Vedic Culture. 
  • Hare Krishna,

Please accept my humble obeisances,

All glories to Guru and Gauranga

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Thank you for replys. I have doubt How to identify whether husband is fallen or non fallen as mentioned / quoted in following paragraphs. Please clarify.

• Reply by Alka yesterday
      • Same point is stressed in  Bhagavatam (chapter 11 , canto 7 , text 28, Four social classes)
      • "A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles. She should speak pleasingly and truthfully and should be very careful and always clean and pure. Thus a chaste woman should engage with affection in the service of a husband who is not fallen."
    • Reply by Bhaktin Maral on Wednesday
      • In this way he says in other place wife should serve to her non fallen husband very chaste fully. So it means if husband is fallen then wife has full right to leave him but not for other man but accept vanaprastha ashram or live for some time at her father's house. Till the time husband corrects his qualities or else family life is finished.

THanking you,

your servant,

Sachin

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji

Please read the purport of canto 7 , text 28, (four social classes/)

You can read online from the link below SB 7.11.28.

http://vedabase.com/en/sb/7/11/28

"It is recommended, therefore, that a chaste wife not associate with a fallen husband. A fallen husband is one who is addicted to the four principles of sinful activity — namely illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. Specifically, if one is not a soul surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is understood to be contaminated. Thus a chaste woman is advised not to agree to serve such a husband. It is not that a chaste woman should be like a slave while her husband is narādhama, the lowest of men. Although the duties of a woman are different from those of a man, a chaste woman is not meant to serve a fallen husband. If her husband is fallen, it is recommended that she give up his association. Giving up the association of her husband does not mean, however, that a woman should marry again and thus indulge in prostitution. If a chaste woman unfortunately marries a husband who is fallen, she should live separately from him. Similarly, a husband can separate himself from a woman who is not chaste according to the description of the śāstra. The conclusion is that a husband should be a pure Vaiṣṇava and that a woman should be a chaste wife with all the symptoms described in this regard. Then both of them will be happy and make spiritual progress in Kṛṣṇa consciousness."

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances Siddhartha Prabhuji!
    when we just repeat what shashtras and Guru say we are considered as an experienced preacher-perfect preacher. Just repeating. As Alka Matajis is doing.

--

yes, it is true once divorced one should not remarry again, if it is not ordered by seniors again. 

Your servant, bhaktin maral

• Hare Krishna siddhartha prabhuji

What on the other hand if husband is not chaste. Women should tolerate?. One of my cousin's wife is tolerating just for kids. Definitely not for the husband.

the Sri Chaitanya Charitamrita, 15.265, states, “When a husband is fallen, one’s relationship with him must be given up.”

totally  contradictory ....

For good reason even Lord Ramchandra(maryada purushottam) got separated from Sita to show the world how an ideal king/man should be.

Anyway.. I am writing not for debate but at times these contradictory statements deludes me.

Jai shree krishna

• Hare Krishna

Same point is stressed in  Bhagavatam (chapter 11 , canto 7 , text 28, Four social classes)

"A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles. She should speak pleasingly and truthfully and should be very careful and always clean and pure. Thus a chaste woman should engage with affection in the service of a husband who is not fallen."

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances!

Srila Prabhupada quotes Chanakya Pandit and says that one should immediately leave home if he does not have mother at home and chaste wife. 

In this way he says in other place wife should serve to her non fallen husband very chaste fully. So it means if husband is fallen then wife has full right to leave him but not for other man but accept vanaprastha ashram or live for some time at her father's house. Till the time husband corrects his qualities or else family life is finished.

Such like incident was there with one of Mataji disciples of Srila Prabhupada. Knowing her life Srila Prabhupada told that my daughter is not a sex machine. So he told his disciple to be separated from her husband. 

So we abandon everything which is hindering our spiritual life. Yes, for Krishna's pleasure we have to be ready to reject anything and everything. 

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.