Hare Krishna,

I am not yet initiated from my Guru Maharaj, but I chant every day 16 rounds after bath. I am chanting 16 rounds since 3 years on NEEM bids. Can I chant on TULSI bids ? Please guide.

Thanks - Milind Pande

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

I too use Tulasi beads. We have to be very careful not to commit offense to Tulasi maharani by touching the beads when we are not clean/fresh. few tips I got from my mentor about using Tulasi beads are

• wash the bead bag regularly and keep it clean (at least once in 2 weeks or when it gets dirty)
    • wash your hands before starting the japa with clean water
    • NEVER keep your bead bag with contaminated clothes or other things that are contaminated
    • Should not allow your bead bag to touch the ground

I usually keep the aachamana cup next to me and wash my hands when i touch my ears or other parts of body.

Hari bol!!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Siddhartha Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

if i were You i would try to be careful next time, Prabhu! Tulasi Maharani never dies, She leaves us. But You can use the dry Tulasi tree in fire sacrifices.

Your servant,

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

i am in the same condition, but i chant in Tulasi Mala. my first was made of plastic but when i started with Tulasi Mala i felt there is very big difference.

So Prabhu, do not loose time and urgently start to chant in Tulasi Mala. The best shape is Mridanga form. With Neem beads chant those who are not yet fully vegetarian, they should not touch Tulasi Mala.

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna ,

I have been chanting 12-16 rounds for quite a few months on neem mala, following the 4 regulations, hear regularly, read Srimad Bhagavatam regularly, and Bhagavad gita, associate with devotees 2 times a week on online class.

my family is not so devotionally inclined, so although I want to give up Onion and Garlic I can't and If I rebel they won't allow me to chant also or maybe stop my devotional activities

However, I long to chant on tulsi beads, not just because everyone is chanting but I know she is a great devotee of the lord and will bless and assist me in chanting

Can I chant on tulsi mala or should I keep praying to the Lord to let me have an Onion and Garlic-free life?

I will wear tulsi mala on my neck after giving up onion and garlic but what about beads for chanting?

Please Help

• Hare Krishna Milind Pande Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Sure Prabhu why not Because tulasi is the servant of Krishna

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.