Hare Krishna to all my matajis and prabhujis. There is a question, it may not make sense, but has kept me disturbing since, last two days. And the question is if a person believes in karma only, and whenever he suffers or gain something he thinks that it is because of his past karma for which he is either suffering or enjoying, but doesn't believe in Lord, then what will happen to such soul, how will he or she able to attain Krishna Consciousness?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you! Prabhuji for replying. Hari bol! Please accept my pranam.
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

But doesn't believe in Lord, then what will happen to such soul, how will he or she able to attain Krishna Consciousness ?

No.

To attain to Krsna consciousness a person needs to have faith in something more than karma.

Karma is simply the mechanism of approving the good deeds and punishing bad.  When a person seriously realizes this about karma, one naturally becomes curious who put this flawless mechanism in the first place. At that point they have opportunity to turn towards Krsna. Or they could use the mechanism of karma to get higher births and other material benefits. Eventually they will have opportunity to understand Krsna and devotion etc. 

But whatever happens a person must at some point needs to make a choice of putting faith in Krsna/devotee/scriptures to attain Krsna consciousness. 

Hare Krsna

• Thank you! Prabhuji for replying. Hari Bol! Please accept my pranam.
  • Hare Krishna Mata ji,

First thing is.. Without Lord's intervention there nothing is going to happen!!! Even you cannot lift a dry leaf up with your own strength. becoz  Lord Himself says in Bhagwad gita Chapt. 15 text 14.

I am the fire of digestion in every living body, and I am the air of life, outgoing and incoming, by which I digest the four kinds of foodstuff.

So, To say I believe in only karma and not God is  absurd thing!!!.. 

Whatever I am facing today good or bad is all becoz of my past deeds...Is right to an extent.. But realize there is a superior power Of Lord who is always sanctioning your works...right or wrong..He is giving your necessary resources to do the work.

SO how will you say You only believe in Karma and not God?

Who is providing you oxygen, food, sunlight , water, energy to do this work??? Lord gives you he sanctions your work. SO only you are able to do the work?? RIGHT???

or are you doing with our own sunlight , water food?? NO YOu dont have anything. SO those who just believe in Karma and say I don't believe in God are really big fools.

Ya, Lord is pleased with those who perform nishkama karam yoga.

What is Nishkama karama yoga?

Working selflessly for someone.. without having personal self interst.. ( like a mother serves her son without expecting anything from him..she wont serve her baby thinking that this baby will in future give her some gold chain or big gift in return). This type of service Lord loves. This is the karma that lord is pleased with. 

SO.. It is must that a believer of Karma should believe in Krishna

becoz without Krishna you cannot perform any work at all.!!!!

Can you lift a dry grass without energy within you? who is providing you energy in the form of food , air , water, sunlight?? are you self generating?? NO NO .. ONlY lord is the main reason behind all work done also. So thinking foolishly that all whatever i am suffering/gaining is due to my past deeds.. and I don't believe in Krishna is completely absurd theory.

Believe in Karma theroy + believe in Lord.. Is a perfect Way to reach Supreme personality of Godhead.

Hare Krishna.

• Thank you! Mataji for such a beautiful reply. Hari bol! Do accept my pranam.
  • Volunteer
    • 2543471789?profile=originaldasanudas

you'll put this on forum

• ?

• 2543471873?profile=originalMe

ok will do

• 4:33 PM

hare krishna

• 4:34 PM
    • 2543471963?profile=originalGayatri

but the question is quite tricky

hare krishna gayatri mtg

hare krishna

hare krishna gayatri mtg

that is the reason i asked u what is the reply for that question

• shravn prabhu

• question is relating to some buddhist

• who just believe in karma

• and not krishna

• will they ever reach Krishna if they believe in karma philosophy just

if the buddhist is sincere buddhist, they will escape karm a

• unknowingly

• but they will

hmm

whether a person escapes karma or faces karma depends on their sincerity in life

Without sincerity it is just a show

what will happen to such soul, how will he or she able to attain Krishna Consciousness?

• thats the question

yes

such?

many things can happen to that soul

what do you mean by such a soul

they can keep rotating in cycle of death till they get mercy of pure devotee

one who is not sincere?

such a soul means who believes only in karma

• not in mercy of Lord

Yes he will have to burn the sins by experiencing the results of good and bad karma

• It will take eternity

• such process is not recomended

a true practitioner of buddhism believes perfectly in karma theory and does all good karma but has no faith in Krishna

• what is his fate?

By surrendering to Krishna, you can Go back to Godhead in just one minute... Prabhupada says

• His fate is the result of the karma he is performing

he wont reach Krishna ever?

• becoz he never believed in God

even in buddhism , certain sects it says if u chant the name of buddha you are transfered to the "pure land" (spiritual world)

hmm

and buddha is Krishna

Yes, Bhudha is also another name of Vishnu

• /Krishna

then simply performing karma nishakama karma is enough

• then no need of believe in god?

and even if he dosen't chant

That is the mercy of Lord Vishnu/Buddha

it's not that he/she will never reach Krishna

she asked me these questions before posting

• to forum

• so asking

By preaching atheism, He is bring them closer to Him,

the moment they get mercy of pure devotee, they will change

add ur replies there in the forum

Yet, when these atheists when they chant the Name of Lord Buddha, they are causing catapulting themselves in the future life to come back as a practicing devotee (result of that Karma)

• (Karma means action)

thats right

• so in future life they will become pure devotees

• of lord

• ?

no not yet a pure devotee

• next life, they come as sadaka

• practicing devotee

vammo chala pedda tatangame unde

• okka life chale tattu ledu

It can take an embodies soul, many lifetimes to arrive at a point of complete surrender to Krishna

:'(

When he arrives at this point, it just takes one minute :)

• as Prabhupada said

• Volunteer
    • Krishna says...

• Chapter 18: Conclusion-The Perfection of Renunciation

TEXT 66
      sarva-dharman parityajya
      mam ekam saranam vraja
      aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
      moksayisyami ma sucah
    TRANSLATION
    Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.
    • Believer of Karma, meaning one who believes in Punya Karma

• to reap the results of Punya Karma, by going to heaven or being born rich etc

• Punya Karma is not sufficient to go back to Godhead

• Punya karma will result in a birth in better living conditions. Punya karma will not guarantee losing vikarma or bad karma

• In each life time we bring with us some karma to burn, then go back and get more to burn, in another life... this is called Sanchit Karma

• Never ending bad or good karma, that keeps us go in circles in the material world.

• Only way to escape this is by surrendering to Krishna.

Prabhupada, in purport:

"Now, in summarizing Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explained to him; he should simply surrender to Krsna. That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personally promises to protect him.

In the Eighth Chapter it was said that only one who has become free from all sinful reactions can take to the worship of Lord Krsna. Thus one may think that unless he is free from all sinful reactions he cannot take to the surrendering process. To such doubts it is here said that even if one is not free from all sinful reactions, simply by the process of surrendering to Sri Krsna he is automatically freed. There is no need of strenuous effort to free oneself from sinful reactions. One should unhesitatingly accept Krsna as the supreme savior of all living entities. With faith and love, one should surrender unto Him."

This reply was deleted.