How to manage the Prasadam while on tour ?

Hare Krishna,

All glories to shri Guru & Gauranga.

I work in a French based MNC and need to travel for almost 10-12 days in a month. How do I manage to take Prasadam everyday ? It is not possible to carry the food grains and cook in the hotels. Can you please share your experience on this ? Thanks

Milind Pande

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna milind prabhuji & Maral Mataji

i really thanks for ur suggetion. because some times i & many more devotees also face this situation. But mataji's suggetion is very good i satisfied with this sugeetion.

• Volunteer

he-he who told You that Siddhartha Prabhu? to play with tongue is easiest thing but to do what you speak is really something. Guru is great, Srila Prabhupada is great, Guru Parampara is great and Krishna is great. but we are insignificant souls. everything which we have does not belong to us, our intelligence, body...and we should not be proud on behalf.

Your servant,

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Milind Pande Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Very difficult situation but there are some ways to manage:

--be sure that the food which is cooked does not contain onion, garlic, mushroom, egg ...or other non vegetarian food additives like some E agents.

--You can take food and offer to the picture of Goura Nitay or if You have to consume it in the restaurant itself then at least take pictures in Your mobile or something like that and offer. Krishna sees our devotion and eagerness to please Him not dry rituals. If You offer it sincerely then Krishna will surely accept it and it will be Prasadam. :-)

--when i was in such situation in the Muslim country like Turkey, i was not sure that what they cooked was vegetarian even grains. sometimes they add meat boiled water :-( so i used to eat only dairy products, fruits, some salads.

and always carried with myself, well not with myself but had in my room, already offered dry fruits for some cases.

another difficult situation was when i lived at the dormitory, where teachers told me to eat in the university canteen where everything was non veg. i did not have cooking facilities,  and it was forbidden to eat in the dormitory. so i used to go everyday to the market and buy some fruits, dairy products offer to the picture of Krishna within my small shelf and honor them. and this continued not for 10 days but...

In Devotee's life everything is controlled by Krishna, because of that Krishna knows Your situation and He wants You to use Your intelligence and to perform some austerity in order to show Him Your love. When You pass this exam then Krishna will change the situation and will give another exam ;-)

Just to make us stronger and stronger!

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.