How to increase faith in Krishna ???

As it is said that faith is the mother of devotional service. So is it possible to progress in devotional life without faith in krishna. It happens only because of the teachings of modern science and lack of spiritital knowledge. My question is that how can a person really progress only by chanting when he has no faith in lord? How by only chanting the faith can be generated? When it is said that faith is important for good chanting?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    Dear devotee Hare Krsna, For a start come to Vrndavan to increase your faith .
    Soon will be kartik and you can do kartik vrata singing the glories of Lord Damadara and offering lamps every night.
    Do Goverdhana parikrama and puja of Goverdhana during kartik in Vrndavan.
    Visit Nanda gaon and Varshana putting the dust of the Holy Dhama all over your body.
    Constantly chanting the Holy Names serve the vaisnavas in the Dhama. Hare Krsna
  • Volunteer

Simply perform Sankirtan... 

1st Instruction of Mahaprabhu:

Ceto darpana marjanam...

You can start with temple kirtan first and then move to the nagar Sankirtan party. Temple Kirana/Nagar Sankirtana, it is easier to focus on Krishna's names. When you cleans the mirror of the hearts of others as you do your own, it becomes pleasing to Krishna. 

Haribol

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna Aditya Sangotra Prabhu,
    Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    for example, until i did not read Bhagavad Gita and other Books of Srila Prabhupada i did not really believe in Chanting process. i started to chant just because i trusted, believed to a Devotee who meet me with Krishna Consciousness.
    So everything depends on our association. If we associate with those who do not have faith in Krishna, You will also loose Your faith. But if You associate with people who have faith You will also have faith.
    Once His Holiness Bhakti Vigyana Maharaja told in His lecture one thing that captures my mind. He told that all the Deities have their own vehicles.
    Like Lord Brahma - swan
    Lord Shiva - buffalo
    Lord Vishnu - Garuda
    But what is the vehicle of the Holy Names?
    guess!
    guess!
    Heart.
    In 1970's the Holy Names swam from India to the USA in the Jaladuta. In the heart of Srila Prabhupada!
    So we can get faith only by association. Reading books is also association. But the powerful thing when we meet a Devotee in the reality.
    What does it mean association?
    It does not mean that two people come, sit together and just talk or see each others eyes, but to render some kind of service together. or collectively. Like Mangala Arati, Kirtans, Listening lectures, cooking together, distributing books together, serving to Deities...
    But Srila Prabhupada again and again says us that we have to read His books regularly other wise all our service will be seen us like a rituals.
    Your servant,
    • Dhanyawaad.... thanks alot mata ji

This reply was deleted.