How To Act To Demigod Prasad

Hare Krishna ,

All glories to srila prabhupada ,

My question may hurt many , especially those who will search this question in google, or worship demigods and consider all equall ,

So Sorry for that , my aim is not that !!

Earlier i used to eat onion ,garlic due to home , but now i have left them ..

Chanting rounds also , trying to surrender to krishna .

But today i recieved Prasad of Somnath ( One of Joytirlinga Of Lord Shiva ) , i took it and did not eat ,

as per my knowledge , i know food only offered to krishna is to be accepted , we should not eat demigod prasad as stated in Padma Puran .

Although i eat food without offering to Krsna many times when i am away ,

since i am not completely surrendered should i eat demigod prasad now ,till i become very strong ?

Now the problem is should i eat or not ,Somnath is also holy place , i respect all demigod ,

but now i am confused .

There are many  occasions like this ,like Navratra's going on in India at Present .

If i do not eat , people call me a cult , and fool , but truth is bitter .

Prasad is remain of Krsna's food or Vishnu Tattva Food, not of any other !!

Please guide me !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• first remember our real family is in golok, give respect to temporary family members.

amanina mana dens kirtaniya sada hari.. , yaar kaho tara kaho krishna updesha...

u can go anywhere always be K.C.****************** u can preach to soemone or pray for someone. temple going people are pious build relation, preach & call them for program u also can take prasad and distribute their.

our business is preaching we have many examples how devotee preach.  demigod will become happy if vaishnava visits his temple.

• Volunteer

usually Devotees know the best way of pleasing Demigods. By pleasing their heart and soul who is Krishna.

Krishna is beloved by all the Demigods. Krishna is their life and goal. Krishna their Father and Mother.

In this way Devotees please all Demigods - all 33 mln of then simultaneously just pleasing Krishna.

It is very simple thing to understand. But if some of Demigods do not accept Krishna as God then they are Demons. So why to worship demons?

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Sandhya mataji

I like your answer. I would never reject prasadam offered to Shiva,durga or any other demigod except if that prasadam is a meat/egg.

• hare krishna alka mataji thanks

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Ashwani Kumar Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

When we cook food, offer to Krishna ...our Krishna Consciousness enters into the food. And when we eat that food we will be purified.

Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that in whatever stage of mind one dies that stage he attains in the next life.

In this way all grains, vegetables are also living entities. And while putting into fire we have to kill them. But in that moment if our consciousness is to enjoy this food or something like that we will not help that grain also to progress in evolution and ourselves also. Because of that in ISKCON Temples cooks, who put food on fire, are second initiated experienced Brahmanas. 

But those who worship Demigods they cook for them in order to gain from them something  in return. And that selfish desire enters into food also and when we eat that food we will also cultivate those qualities.

Otherwise why to worship Demigods? even knowing that Krishna is All Supreme? Just for material gain.

Whenever i remember Lord Shiva for example immediately i remember what benefits he gives not that he is a great Devotee. So fallen consciousness. Because of that better to think of Krishna and what He gives - love for Himself.

----------------------------------------

on the way You can offer food in Your mind. and Krishna will accept it. We should avoid eating non offered food. It is very important. control of senses begins with the control of the tongue.

Your servant, 

• hare krishna prabhu ..this is a nice question .now am going to tell you only my opinion .no offenses.. when the pujaris offered prasad to somnath ji ,somnath will offer the food to lord krishna then only he will have .

As per my knowledge shiva also chants lord krishna's name only.He is a great devotee of lord krishna.

jaya jaya gopiswara vrindavana majh..(means All Glories ,All glories to Gopisvara Siva who resides in Vrindavana in order to protect the holy dhama .)

This reply was deleted.