how thoughts at last moment decide our next life?

hare krishna prabhu...

i want to ask you about that,i saw a video that says our next life will be according to thoughts came to our mind at the last moment of our death.what we practice entire life according to that thoughts will be created at last moment.can you please explain me about this prabhu.if one should get krishnas thoughts what he should do.is this concept of impression is real.please explain thankyou.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Similar questions were asked by Maharaj Parikshit to Srila Sukdev Goswami. And the answers is whole Srimad bhagavatam.

Prabhupada says in SB2.1 Purport : Mahārāja Parīkṣit wanted to absorb his mind completely in Kṛṣṇa, and such absorption can be effected simply by hearing about the uncommon activities of Kṛṣṇa. 

For instance, in the Bhagavad-gītā it is stated that simply by understanding the transcendental nature of Lord Kṛṣṇa’s appearance, disappearance, and activities, one can immediately return home, back to Godhead, and never come back to this miserable condition of material existence. It is very auspicious, therefore, to hear always about Kṛṣṇa. So Mahārāja Parīkṣit requested Śukadeva Gosvāmī to narrate the activities of Kṛṣṇa so that he could engage his mind in Kṛṣṇa. The activities of Kṛṣṇa are nondifferent from Kṛṣṇa Himself. As long as one is engaged in hearing such transcendental activities of Kṛṣṇa, he remains aloof from the conditional life of material existence. The topics of Lord Kṛṣṇa are so auspicious that they purify the speaker, the hearer and the inquirer.

- Jai shri Krishna !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki jai !!

Bhagavad-gītā As It Is
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Sorry for the delay in writing.

It is mentioned in Gita - Ch 8, that our thoughts at the last moment of our life determines where we will go in next life - which body. That is the reason we practice cultivating  thinking of Krsna at every moment of our lives, not knowing which is the last moment of our life. 

Krsna has mentioned in Chapter 15 of Gita that He is giver of rememberance as well as forgetfulness. Therefore, suppose we are in coma or unwell, or in a situation where we are not able to chant the name of Krsna. Then Krsna promises that He will ensure that we go back to Godhead. There are so many examples of this in ISKCON itself. There are hospice in Vrindavan where people with terminal illness go. The purpose is - devotees will go and chant there, do kirtan around someone who is about to leave his body. This way, the surrounding ensures that the soul remembers Krsna at the time of leaving the body.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• This reply was deleted.
    • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

our soul and mind is infinite in it's pure state

Could you please provide a scriptural reference for the above statement ?

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.