HAREKRSNA

MY OBEISANCES TO ALL.

ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA.

How one can avoid the sex desires coming to one's mind.

my lifes major anxity is the sex desires coming to my mind because of my previous bad practices.

i want to avoid such unusual bad things but i can't.

please help me in this regard.

what is the solution of this problem.

i want to know SRILA PRABHUPADA'S opinion upon it. 

i beg the mercy of all baishnava's please forgive me & show me the path of perfection.

your servant 

Nirmalya prasad Das

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @nirmalya prasad das please read the following instructions from Srila Prabhupada

http://www.iskcondesiretree.com/m/blogpost?id=2103886%3ABlogPost%3A...
  • Hello Prabhu,

Lust and Sex Desire is the Last Stop of the Material World. My Suggestion to you is dont focus on getting rid of Sex desires right now. Even the greatest Maha Muni Cannot get rid of it easily. Your sense of surrender to the Lord has to be 100%. For this it takes years of chanting and associating with Pure devotees. My suggestion is; do not resist your sexual desire. Just keep on Chanting and praying earnestly to Lord Krishna. Do not ask wishes like "Relive me of sexual desires". You can chant earnestly to Serve Lord Krishna. When you start focusing on chanting ; the sexual desires will very "gradually" go away!!!

But it is very gradual. Do not be harsh to urself or feel guilty. This process makes Sex desires bounce back with a vengeance. Just let it be there and cry earnestly for the Guru and Gauranga's service. This will do the trick yet be prepared for some years to pass anyways!!

Read More

• Very good advice prabhu.  Hare Krsna.

• Hare Krishna..

I have following questions.

Is it fine to have sexual thoughts in mind and from outside trying to act as if not having such thoughts?

Isn't sex same as hunger which has to be satisfied when its time comes? Continuously having desire to have sex is problem. But what about the natural feeling which comes from time to time? If we do not satisfy it, the propensity will increase with time and all your thoughts will be filled with it. So, isn't it better to satisfy it so that it won't act as hindrance to the spiritual progress?

Regards,

Subash

• easiest way to avoid temptation is not being in an environment which promotes sensual enjoyment; for instance, 

being in a monastery, with people of equal spiritual goals and opinions; this is generally safer, eventually desire leaves the mind on its own, by virtue that rue exposed to something else

if women visit the monastery, or things like that, if there are women within the group, then its a lost cause, waste of time quite really. 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It is not only Your problem Nirmalya Prasad Prabhu, but whole world is circulating around this desire only. 

So it is the most powerful desire which is difficult to overcome. 

So Srila Prabhupada says that we have to be fearful of Maya.

So here are some tips which we can practice:

***get knowledge about benefits of celibate mind and life - when we have high knowledge it will be easy to sacrifice some things for the sake of other - greater achievements, isn't it?!

***Mind control by engaging it with suitable thoughts - chanting Hare Krishna on mind. Whenever we remember Mantra we have to chant it. Every time. After some time and nice practice we will start to feel so much bliss from chanting. That is for sure. No external problems will disturb us much. And that happens when our mind gets purified. 

We have to try to control our mind. If we give freedom to it thinking of anything it likes then finished - senses will take over it.

***With what we keep in touch our senses about that thing we will think on mind. So better always to be in touch with people who control their senses and with things which remind us about Krishna. No much and free association with materialistic people. 

***Food - important part. If we eat food cooked by lusty people we will become so. If we eat too much we will become lusty...

***Yoga asanas - are really helpful. 

***Waking up before Sun rise.

***no looking to girls. 

***Fasting on Ekadashis - nirjal. 

***Attentive chanting - oh this is for sure!

***Always to keep ourselves in the association of Devotees - sincere Devotees

***Reading Srimad Bhagavatam - oh wonderful practice!

***Trying to do something good for others - oh this is how wonderful! If we are busy then senses will be busy and no thoughts of lust

Your servant, 

• This is great & helpful advice.................... Hare Krishna

• HAREKRSNA MATAJI

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

HARIBOL

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Just yesterday I was hearing that Srila PRabhupada had once told one devotee that if you take sanyas, that does not mean that sex desire will go away. It will not go away, only after taking sanyaas, you cannot act on it.

What I understand from this is - sex desire is always there, even in old people. The way to avoid it completely is to be absorbed in devotional service all the time, so taht the desire doesnt come at all. If that is not possible and the desire or thought does come to one's mind, then one has to understand that it is one of the vegas that one has to control. That is, do not act on it, let it come and go. Like how we control anger, when we are getting angry, at that time, if we control for 5 minutes, then the intensity of the anger goes away most of the times. Then it is easier to handle.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.