How lord siva is immortal

Hare krishna.as it stated in bhavatam that lord shiva born out of bramha's eyes. so as he born from bramhaji how cn he be imortal. and there r innumarable universes and there are many bramas so out of which bramha lord shiva born. is there only one siva or many as respective to many bramhaji. hare krishna hari bol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!!! No one or nothing is immortal except Krishna.Therefore Krishna is param and His abode Goloka is param dham. This is confirmed by Krishna in Bhagavad Gita--

aham evasam evagre

nanyad yat sad-asat param

pascad aham yad etac ca

yo 'vasishyeta so 'smy aham

TRANSLATION

"Prior to the cosmic creation, only I exist, and no phenomena exist, either gross, subtle or primordial. After creation, only I exist in everything, and after annihilation, only I remain eternally.

Also Krishna tells Bramha in Srimad Bhagavatam-

aham evasam evagre

nanyad yat sad-asat param

pascad aham yad etac ca

yo 'vasishyeta so 'smy aham

TRANSLATION

Brahma, it is I, the Personality of Godhead, who was existing before the creation, when there was nothing but Myself. Nor was there the material nature, the cause of this creation. That which you see now is also I, the Personality of Godhead, and after annihilation what remains will also be I, the Personality of Godhead.

• Hare Krishna,

Sadashiva is the original Shiva Tatva who is immortal & eternally resides in Kailash the lowermost abode of the Spiritual World. And which Shiva you are talking about who is born out of Lord Brahma's angerful glance he is Rudra who performs the annihilation. He is the incarnation of Sadashiva through Lord Brahma. Like this Sadashiva is immortal.

• hare krishna,

so rudra is imortal or mortal?

• Sevak

There are more than one shiva. One is Sadashiva, who eternally resides in Kailash which is the lowermost abode in the spiritual world. Sadashiva is the original shambhu tatva, as it is spoken in Brahma samhita. This shiva is not living entity(jiva atma). 

Then there is another shiva who is an incarnation or expansion of sadashiva which is present in the material world. This is also known as rudra. This shiva directly performs the functions of annihilation. This shiva enters the material universe during creation and exist after the annihilation.

• Hare Krsna!

"Sadashiva is the original shambhu tatva" - Is it correct Prabhu?

Can you please give some reference?

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.