How does specific vows helps to advance in KC??

Hare krsna to all the devotees..

i would like to ask the burning question staying for lots of time in my heart.. How does specific vows for instance chanting some fixed extra rounds, or like staying nirjala, reading books more then time allocated, doing more fixed harinams and so on..how does it helps to advance in KC?? like how does this specific vows just like in ekadasi helps to ace towards in KC..how is krsna satisfied by such extra devotional service done for him.. my friend for last 3 yrs chants 32 rounds.. i mean not to pride on anything but my god hes advanced too much..i didnt ask him such a thing but is specific vows taken for krsna really helps or just our simple duty leads to progress in KC???

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Rashmi Mataji is correct by giving some vows which we will then perform will show our en devour and that will please Krishna and make Him to shower His mercy.

What You mean by our "simple duty", Prabhu? In the reality our - soul's duty is to serve to Krishna. And in this age serving means chanting the Holy Names. And one can receive the Holy Name only from a bona fide spiritual master. So Srila Prabhupada as being a founder acharya gave some rules and regulations which one should follow in order to achieve perfection in life.

So some discipline should be there if one wants to achieve something good.

We lack desire to serve to Krishna because of our sins. Our sins are covering the original self and its original desires which are to serve and please Krishna. But austerities like observing Ekadashi, chanting of the Holy Names ...removes those sins and in purer state one will have more desire and enthusiasm to serve.

Another thing is to take vows means to take some responsibilities. If one is responsible one will be trusted among men. But if one is not regulated and irresponsible then people won't trust him. Krishna is also a Supreme Person. With Him also we can have relationships. So when we do our service with responsibility then Krishna will trust us later trust even Himself to us as He does it with Vrajabasis like Yashoda Mata...

Your servant,  

• I just did an interview with Vaisesika Prabhu on this topic. I think you will find it very relevant and inspriring.

http://successfulvaisnavas.com/isv

Your servant,
    Krsnendu dasa

• E-Counselor

Krsna does not see the lenght and breadth of your prayers, He only sees the depth of your prayers.

When He sees you are taking specific vows to advance in KC, He is pleased with your endeavour. Like in Damodar lila, there are 2 fingers missing - one is endeavour and the other is mercy. When He sees the endeavour, the mercy comes. Of course, noone can predict when, how or to what extent it will come. Krsna promises that to the extent you surrender to me, to that extent I will deliver you.

The best way to find out how it works, is to walk down the path. Take any vow that appeals to you, but do it humbly and sincerely and leave the rest to Krsna.

Haribol  and best of luck to you,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna devotee,  these vows are good when they are done for the pleasure of gurudev.

And how do you know it will please him?   Just ask him what he wants and give him that service.

yasya prasadam na gati katopi.  and if what you do does not please him you will not make advancement.

By the blessings of gurudev you will get everything auspicious and easily without  performing difficult vows.

The proccess  of KC is not difficult and even a child can make huge advancement

by the blessings of the pure devotee.

This reply was deleted.