Replies

• Volunteer
    Give them a Higher Taste

http://harekrishna.com/col/books/VEG/ht/
    Higher Taste
  • Haribol,

I would like to share one of my friend's conversation.

My friend asked his meat eating friend "what will people do if animals are dead".He replied it will be buried .

My friend asked him is your stomach a burial ground for the dead animals.He was stunned and promised not to eat meat thenafter.

Only wild animals have 2 sharp canine teeth to pierce flesh.When animals are slaughtered due to fear they secrete fearful harmones in their body - when eaten by human beings they are subjected to disease and contamination of mind.
    Your servant
    Jivana Gaurahari das
    • wow what a answer, really amazing...

hari bol

• hare Krishna,
    we should say that we r men and non veg is not our meal.
    we have to tell their reaction (non veg) after eating.
    kuch shan ke swad ke liye
    apna vinash kar nahi sakte ,
    insan hai insano ke liye
    haiwan hum ban nahi sakte.
  • Hare KRISHNA, prabhuji!
    Jai Sri RADHA GOPINATH!

i would like to mention scientific proof as well as points put forward by Srila Prabhupada to support your argument as even i was many times in the same situation as you are.

according to modern science, the human intestines are made for vegetarian food. food passes through our intestines for about 2-3days which is a good thing when we consume vegetarian food (which takes longer to digest). meat is digested much more quickly and even starts Rotting by the time it comes out so we end up absorbing toxins directly into our system!!

Srila prabhupada had mentioned that if man was meant to be a meat eater then GOD would have provided us with the "mechanisms" to hunt a prey, capture it, and then tear it down with our canines and eat it up. u can relate this to how a tiger or lion behaves. people may say that we have canines so we are meant to be carnivores. just having canines doesn't qualify a being to be a carnivore as even horses have canines! but only sharp canines are considered fit for meat eating.

Jai Sri Radhe! Jai Sri KRISHNA!!
    Jai Srila Prabhupada!!!
    • HK

I don't think you understand what "Modern Science" means. The information you have is totally wrong.

Also, humans are not carnivores, they are omnivores.

• Be the difference in personality that makes them question their outlook on life!
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

I understand that when being a Vaishnav, one becomes softer in your feeling in general. You obviously have a soft spot for your friends and would like them to advance in spiritual knowledge. There is no better way in letting others feel the beauty of Vaishnav living other then being an example yourself. Seeing that they are your friends I'm sure that you will invite them to your house for various occasions. Slowly with Krishna's mercy they'll come to see the proper way and become Vaishnav.
    WaishNawa jan to tene kahiye, je peed paraayee jaNe re
    He is the true Vaishnav who knows and feels another's woes as his own.

• You could also read http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/profiles/blogs/narada-muni-and-the-...
      • Jai Shri Krishna..

The Demigods like Maa Kali etc.  are expansions of Krishna's energies and as such are his great devotees. They offer Bhog to Krishna then they have Prasadam to eat themselves.  Hence its not possible that they even consider to accept animals as food.  Tell them that this is not part of Vaisnava being.

They have been misled and need to change their ways and attitude.

Jai Shri Krishna..

This reply was deleted.