Help and advice needed from ISKCON devotees

I have been a regular visitor to ISKCON Ludhiana for the last two years and chanting 16 rounds of Hare Krishna malas in addition to watching Bhagvad Gita videos on yout tube regularly. On March 2, 2020 my family illegally and deceitfully sent me to a psychiatric hospital under Indian Mental Health Act because of financial and property disputes in the HUF as we have property worth crores. I had informed this to the ISKCON temple authorities in Ludhiana. I had successfully completed a 5 day course at ISKCON temple a couple of months before March 2, 2020 - the night of which I was sent to a psychiatric hospital. A legal case is going on against the hospital in Doraha.

I have been a brilliant student since school and was awarded the best Academic student of the school award in Shimla. In addition to this I am a B.Sc graduate and a Commerical Pilot and Flight Instructor.

My wife died of cancer in 2013 and I have a 12 year old son to bring up. Though my son does not take interest in chanting, I am doing Narasingh Kavacham prayer on his behalf everyday.

My family is harassing me in the following ways:

1. My son is undergoing puberty. Inspite of my complaint in police, my family calls a teenage girl to play with my son at night.

2. Even though I perform all duties given to me by my parents, I get only Rs. 4000 per month for my personal expenses and cannot afford to take my son for an outing.

3. I do not get money for diesel for my car and so cannot get Sattvic food from Govindas restaurant which is only about 2-3 kms from my place.

4. I believe in Ayurvedic medicines. My family does not give me money for Ayurvedic medicines and so am forced to take allopathic medicines which are very costly.

5. I do not get food of my choice at home and so even though I keep Ekadashi Vrat twice every month, I have to compromise by eating non-veg occassionally from shopkeeper across the road.

I have a grocery agency and had requested some ISKCON devotees to buy grocery from me so that I can get some income and get some relief from the harassment I am facing but to no avail.

I would like to hear from ISKCON devotees as to what could be a solution to my problem. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thankyou all for all your replies. Firstly, I would like to say that I MOP the floor at Shiv temple every morning which proves that I am ready to work and am not filled with ego. I do jobs for my father and mother and my father should pay me for it or they should not ask me to do work for them . I do not require respect of unworthy people because there are many worthy people in city who respect me.

To put an end to the conversation, it would be great if you could become my customers for grocery and home care items being fellow ISKCON devotees which could end my troubles.

• Hi so all these is because you dont have a job?

• Hare Krishna,

Who is exactly that you are referring to as family?

I see from you question that you had a wife who died. You have told about  your son. I don't think a father will be so cruel to his own son to put him decitfully into a psychiatric hospital.

There is more going on behind the picture which is being told here. I cannot judge either you or ur father.

No one can force or decietfully send anyone to psychiatric hospital. You are not even a minor. Any Pyschiatric doctor easily recognise a sane from insane person. I don't think a Medical doctor also is involved in this malpractise and is sold for money to declare you as a mental patient.

How to believe in your words? there are some serious conditions where a patient will brew his own concoccted and fabricated tales. 

You are doing great following Ekadashi and chanting listening to lectures and trying to make ur child also a devotee. Thats good!!! 

Who is the family ( is it extended family) is ur father alive? are the cousins ( father's brothers and his childen) making ur life miserable? If ur father is alive is he also being tortured by his brothers and their families?

If ur father is alive why would he just simply keep watching the show ..when people are doing such extreme activities against you and your son?

I don't get it? Sorry If I sounded rude. But there is a lot of gaps in ur stroy.

rest all seems fine.. your ways to make ends meet by reaching to devotees and temple to help is appreciated!

Hare Krishna

• You need to be a Man and leave your home and get a good job and raise your son away from your parents. You are not a kid anymore. It seems they are treating you like a child (and you are allowing them to treat you as such). I never heard any parents giving allowance to thier child. Of in India the culture is different. THEY want YOU to look after them when they are old (which you can easily send money to them from any location in the world. My personal opinion is this is not a spiritual or hare krishna problem its a worldy problem. If i was in the same situation I would leave home as soon as possible. Yes your parents will not like it .. but it time they will think you did the right thing. Don't you have a good uncle who can have your back? I myself left home as my parents I felt were not treating me as I wanted them to. I am MUCH more happier but I still feel if THEY allowed me to leave instead of me forcing myself to.. would have been better. You have to in life 'just let go' leave and live YOUR life. 

• The property which we live in was made by my grandfather and by will has to come to us after my father. We cannot forego our property share which runs in crores. My father was an MLA of Ludhiana and whole city knows us. Its difficult to get a job as people ask why I am doing a job while owning properties worth crores and when I myself could employ people.

One of the best ways to solve my problem according to my thinking is to get 40 customers - be it ISKCON devotees or others to buy grocery from me. This way I would get an income of Rs. 20,000 a month and would solve 90% of my problems.

• it seems bharat has the right idea, it does seem like you need a boost of confidence to do 'WHAT you WANT to do'. Why else would you come here looking for advice? You have to in life take a bullet now and again. Its a slow process. Sometimes parents are interwtined in the 'what will the community think about all this' I myself am from Gujarat so you know well how things work down thier. But now you are a Man with child.. i think your parents like mine are grandparents the attachment is SO great they just wont let you will your life and be spiritual in any way. They I feel are attached to only family and money (mode of passion.--- so hard to break out of it-almost impossible). I mean you can rent a property with your son. Get a good job you said your have many qualifications is it not?

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

The property which we live in was made by my grandfather and by will has to come to us after my father. We cannot forego our property share which runs in crores.

No need to forgo property

My father was an MLA of Ludhiana and whole city knows us. Its difficult to get a job as people ask why I am doing a job while owning properties worth crores and when I myself could employ people.

This seems to be a very poor excuse or a thinking of a person who is egoistic and filled with false prestige. I could be wrong. Please forgive me if I am. But a brilliant student like you should know better than to listen to foolish villagers. You should get a job if you want to do a job. Forget what villagers say. You are not answerable to them. If your wife would have been alive she would not have liked her husband being disrespected because he does not earn. And the way the world works no man is respected if he cannot provide for his family. Please remove your own ego out of the picture. Think yourself as a father , not as son or grandson or some big person. You are going to be the role model for your son. In spiritual practice you are setting a brilliant example. But if you could do the same in taking responsibility of your own and son's expenses your life will be so much better. 

One of the best ways to solve my problem according to my thinking is to get 40 customers - be it ISKCON devotees or others to buy grocery from me. This way I would get an income of Rs. 20,000 a month and would solve 90% of my problems.

This is an excellent idea. Please start you own business if you are not willing to do a job. Please manage your son's expenses and your own expenses. Contribute to your joint family. They will automatically start respecting you instead of getting rid of you. If someone thinks "I deserve this" that is clearly a fall down due to pride. Instead be grateful and respecful. Your relatives may not be good, but they probably are still providing food etc. Pray to Krsna, and be willing to take financial responsibility, Lord will definitely help. All the best 

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.