Om Namo Narayanaya Namaha!

Dear All,

I am a devotee of Lord Vishnu from my birth. I had learnt and heard a lot of things about Lord Vishnu from my birth through My mother,relatives,friends and books.

As per them, Lord Vishnu was taken 9 avatars as of now. And one of the Avatar is Lord Krishna. After hearing this, I started having great faith and devotion on all the avatars of Lord Vishnu by seeing him as one. 

But when I came to know about ISKCON, the mahamantra starts with Hare Krishna and after that Hare Rama is coming. But as per my knowledge so far i heard that, Krishna Avatar was taken after Rama Avatar. Then why the mahamantra starts with Hare Krishna instead of Hare Rama. Why Rama is not coming first. Please clarify me on this.

I asked this same question to one Hare Krishna Devotee in ISKCON When I was visited the temple. He replied, Krishna only came first and i am not convinced since the answer was not clear and he asked me to read Bhagavatam to understand the same.

I thought this forum is the right place to ask this question. I believe you people will explain me and clarify this to me.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna 

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare!

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Balaji,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada...

This is a very generic question and have been answered many times in the same forum. So you can use the search option in the forum to find more answers, I am just sharing one link for your reference.

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/forum/topics/lord-krishna-is-incarn...

Regarding Lord Rama appeared before Lord Krishna

It is not a correct understanding that Lord Rama appeared before Lord Krishna. According to the Mahabharata (Santi-parva 348.51-52) Krishna spoke the Bhagavad-gita to the sun god at the beginning of the Treta Yuga. The sun god, Visvavan, spoke it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn spoke it to Maharaja Iksvaku, the forefather of the Raghu dynasty, in which Lord Ramachandra appeared. Therefore Lord Krishna appeared before Lord Rama did.

Krishna confirms in the Bhagavad-gita that He appears again and again whenever irreligion becomes predominant. It is not that He comes only once.

Over and beyond these points, it is clearly stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the Srimad Bhagavatam, and the Brahma Samhita, that Krishna is the source of all other incarnations. Since Rama, therefore, is an incarnation of Krishna, it is quite appropriate that we first chant Hare Krishna and then Hare Rama.

Please chant Hare Krishna and Be Happy :-)

• Dear Prabhuji,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama!

Om Namo Narayanaya!

• Hare krishna balaji prabhuji,

This pdf file will be more useful for  you

hari_nama_maha_mantra_2001_2ed.pdf

• Dear Prabhuji,

Thank you so much for sharing this file.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama!

Om Namo Narayanaya!

• Dear prabhuji,

Hare Krishna mahamantra has got nothing to do with the order of the avatars coming.

• Dear Prabhuji,

First of all thanks a lot for responding my query.

You are right! I agree with you. But, I would like to clarify this, so what I had raised in the forum.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama!

Om Namo Narayanaya!

This reply was deleted.