Freedom given to humans by god

Hare Krishna

My point is why god gave immense freedom of thoughts to humans. Because now some humans are doing their best to defy existence of God. What is the purpose behind the unlimited capacity to think freely

Because other animals are not possessed by such great power

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

When we love someone, we give them the most valuable gift that is freedom. We are basically part and parcel of Lord Sri Kirshna. But because we) ( jivas) have become reblious and tuned away from Lord ( Vimukha) and wanted to enjoy independently away from Lord. So only we are here on this earth.

Let me quote exactly what Srila Prabhupada has said. Because If i am saying it people are behaving weirdly as if i am telling it on my own.

The following Conversation took place in Melbourne, Australia June 25, 1974 between Srila Prabhupada and his disciples

Devotee – “When we are in the spiritual sky and serving Krishna, we have a perfect relationship with Krishna, what causes us to fall down in the material world, because we’re already serving Krishna?”

Srila Prabhupada – “Because you desire to fall down. Here it is explained that “Don’t fall down.”

Devotee – “Srila Prabhupada, I can’t understand why we should have an impure desire when we are already serving…”

Srila Prabhupada – “Because you have got little freedom. Why one is not coming here and going to the liquor shop? It is his desire.

Devotee – “In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, it says that Krishna did not want us to come to this material world. If Krishna did not want us to come, why are we here?”

Srila Prabhupada – “Yes. You forced Krishna to allow you to come. Just like sometimes a child forces his father. Father says, “My dear son, do not do this. Do not go there.” But he insists, “Oh, I must go. I must go.” “All right, you go at your risk. That’s all. And you suffer. What can be done?” Because you are Son of God you have got independence, full independence, therefore you have acquired the quality of your father. You have got little independence. So God does not interfere with your little independence. If you persist that “I must go and enjoy independently,” so God says, “All right, you can go.” This is the position. You have to take sanction. That is a fact. But when you persist, God sanctions. And you come and enjoy”. (Melbourne, Australia June 25, 1974)

Free will means, it is the jiva soul's choice of how to they want surrender and serve Krishna, or even not surrender if they choose however, the majority of souls, over 90% of jiva souls, never make that foolish choice and enter the material creation.

Srila Prabhupada - "Love is reciprocal, voluntary, good exchange of feeling, then there is love. Not by force! Krishna does not want to become a lover like that, ‘You love me, otherwise I shall kill you!" (Washington DC July 8, 1976)

Srila Prabhupada - ''Because you are Son of God you have got independence, so God does not interfere with your little independence. If you persist that “I must go and enjoy independently'', God says, “All right, you can go and enjoy”. (Melbourne, Australia June 25, 1974)

The relationship between Krishna and the jiva-tattva (soul) is NEVER one-sided, never forced, never impersonal, it is ALWAYS reciprocal, nurturing, personal and voluntary, in a mood of good exchanges and feelings, ONLY then can there be REAL love.

If free will is taken away from the marginal living entities, then we lose the ability to give and accept love, we become no better than dead stone or mindless robot.

Srila Prabhupada - “Because you are Son of God you have got independence, full independence, therefore you have acquired the quality of your father. You have got little independence. So God does not interfere with your little independence”. (Melbourne, Australia June 25, 1974).

For love to truly exist, the jiva-souls (jivatma or jiva-tattva) MUST have the free will and right as part of their marginal constitutional make up, to choose in Vaikuntha or Goloka Vrindavana at all times.

And sadly the fact is, a small minority do choose to leave Vaikuntha or Goloka Vrindavan (less than 10%), regardless of how some have interpreted past Sages and Acharyas claiming no one can ever fall down from Vaikuntha.

To say those in Vaikuntha will "never ever fall down" IS true -  but ONLY for those who choose NOT to fall down".

In other words, if the jiva wants to leave they certainly can.

To make a blanket comment that "not even the leaves fall and leave Vaikuntha or Goloka Vrindavana" seems to not take into consideration the free will of the jiva tattva.

Lord Loves Jivas Unconditionally causeless mercy. He as a father gives freedom to chose anything be it him or be against him also. It is this freedom or freewill that is given by Lord makes humans a bit more powerful then animals.
    Animals however are suffering for their karma already and they don't have any intellect to decide or chose. They just living the way they wanted to live. For animals also Lord gave freedom to live as they wanted to live freely and widly doing only 4 activities.. ( eating, sleeping, mating, defending).

If I say I love you and make you do all that what I want to do, then there is no freedom.  Even Lord also loves jivas unconditionally so he gives freedom to chose whatever they want to do.

Basically, Lord wants doesn't want to force you to come back to Him. He wants you to realize and come back to HIM youself, after understanding the fact that you choice  ( to be away from Lord) is not worth. It is just temporary and not permanant bliss. If you understand then you will back to him without any hesitation this time.  

Hare Krishna.

• This reply was deleted.
          • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Your reponse is not required here. Please leave these forums. 

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Hare Krsna

• Has it made any senses in any of the replies given by anyone here to you. Be is me, Bharat prabhu or  others also. Has it ever made any sense to you?

I wont make sense. We are from different ideologies. I believe in existence of God because I believe in scriptures. I have faith in the author of those scriptures.. Just as you have faith in the author of this scripture which you posted below.

https://www.ynharari.com/book/sapiens-2/

We have different faiths and we differ. There cannot be a debate between two differnt belief systems. 

I cannot sit here and argue with a Muslim or Christian. They will find my belief absurd so also I will find their belief absurd. Such debates don't make anyone gain any profit from it.  Debate should be between two people who follow the same faith .. then there is very good exchange of knowledge and thus there is imporvement also.

How can an agnostic atheist and theist find one common platform of agreement.   Either you should leave this place and let us practice our belief system or... We should leave and give space to your agnostic atheistic propaganda.

You made Bharat prabhu leave and You are successful in making me also leave the place. Do one thing you alone be happy here to propagate agnostic atheistic ideas..

Discussion means exchange of knowledge. But we find you not knowledgeable. So also you find us not knowledgeable.  Then there is no common platform to there to discuss and exchange knowledge.   Instead of showing others mirror why dont you see mirror for yourself.?

9389465856?profile=RESIZE_400xYou can only find fults in others and show them the mirror because you don't believe in whatever they say.  If you like to do this only then you better be here. I am going to keep shut from now. You made Bharat prabhu leave and you are successful to make me also go. Be happy now atleast and enjoy ur freedom.

Someone has to benefit here. You feel you are correct and rest all are wrong and fools. Then you only be here and give correct advices.

Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari
                  • Do you know what an auto immune disease is?

How the cells of your own body become rebelious to ur own cells. The immune system is so hyper active that.. Our own cells start behaving weird and attacking healthy cells.

And enough is enough.. you have called me so many words without me even saying anything. 

when did i now verbally abuse you Sir?

Ya I am coward I cannot argue with you sorry. I resign. You have insulted me a lot seeing ur above words. I am feeling really insulted now.

Pls. stop this hurting me more. Kindly forgive me. 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Hare Krsna

• Cell personified. Like in our scriptures we personify cow and even earth also. Does it mean they can really talk? Well ya.. In presence of Lord every cell is alive and has the ability to speak . . what to say .. even grass and every sand particle can.

In poetry also they personify ... in cartoons also for kids to understand better they make the spoon table chair also personfied. 

they just make that spoon is talking to the glass on  table.. Does it really mean they have mouths?

It's just an expression.

Cells' do have consciousness. Chetana shakti which means the life force is present everywhere in the body. each cell is lively and active so only it can function better.

Cells is the basic and fucntional unit of the body. everything is present in cell. Have you studied biology in 7-8th grades we had cell structure. and we learnt cell can do all the functions ( it has excretory orgenells,  vacuoles, it has respiratory mitochondria which is the power house of the cell). Each cell is conscious and live.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Your reponse is not required here. Please leave these forums. Please do not promote non-devotional nonsense here. 

Hare Krsna

• If we think god has created human being with some purpose then we misunderstood to understand god. God created existence without any reason or purpose. Even existence of god is without any reason. The basis things responsible for life means energy and matter just exist. Only for survival of life and reproduction some information and basic instinct given to all animals. Only extra consiousness given to human being to understand things wisely. 

It's upto individual to interpret god in own way. If we think god exist then we use our mind to accept it. And if someone think god doesn't exist then it also comes from mind. Both are same. Believing god or not believing god are two side of same coin. God has nothing to do with this believing business. Everyone is same for him. Because God is nothing to do with our existence. God created us for no reason. So also he will not bother to diminish us. It is just a cause and effect. So god is not a individual. It's just a law means NIYAM. 

This reply was deleted.