Hare Krishna all,

PAMHO....

AGSP

I have friends who are non devotees and good in nature, if a person is not a devotee is he a karmi ? and it is said we shouldn't associate with them, dont share food with them otherwise we also get effected. We dont know what place they have in krishnas view, then why do some people differentiate them as non-devotees or karmis. I strongly believe in chanting but my heart is not accepting few rules and regulations which practically dont effect us in anyway. I dont know what krishna wants and I do believe that he is interested in our love to him not the knowledge we gained from scriptures. Reading scriptures should bring humility,selfless attitude, and should free us from ego but I had bitter experience with people who are more educated than me in KC. Please forgive me if iam offensive...

your servant

aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna mataji.. a very impressive explanation

• Volunteer

Dear Aakash prabhu Hare Krsna,    I also had some bitter experiences with some proud fellows when I first began in Krsna cosciousness so I can understand how that feels.

I also had the good fortune to meet very humble,  pure and highly learned devotees.
    By association with these sadhus I got detached from material freinds and family and lived with the sadhus in ISKCon.

Some of my so called freinds would come and invite me to their party and try to convince me to leave the sadhus.

They came one time with many young girls and introduced me to their sisters and others.

they considered me their freind and I had to be saved from the hands of the sadhus.

My famly members also tried their best to get me to stop chanting and leave but they all failed.
    Now after many years they speak very differently.

they say I was very wise not to listen to them and I am the best son and the best freind. 

All of your questions need to be answerd by you.

Aakash you are sitting on the bank of an ocean of nectar just looking at it.

what nave you got to loose?

Jump in.                   Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.