Hare Krsna!

PAMHO!

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada,

Some time back, I read the Sankhya philosophy of Lord Kapila, and, some time after that, I was reading Srimad Valmiki Ramayana. Both of these texts amazed me to such a degree, that, how much science is there in our Sanatana Dharma.

While explaining Sankhya Philosophy, Lord Kapila mentions the section on prayers by the child in mother's womb. The development of child's body, i.e., which body part develops in which month, from which month, the child starts to open eyes, from which month, we can determine its gender, what is the position of the child in the mother's womb, all correspond with the modern embryology.

Then, in Srimad Valmiki Ramayana, while staying on Rishyamuk mountain, after killing Vali, and, waiting for Chaturmaas to end, in the monsoon season, Lord Sri Rama explains the water cycle to Sri Lakshmana, like this (not exact translation) - "The wind, with the help of sun's heat sucks in the sea water and carries in the form of clouds, and, those clouds create rains in the monsoon season".

While googling on modern science's theories on on water cycle, I found that the theory being taught in schools today was not known uptill 16th century (1580). But, great vedic scholars like Maharishi Valmiki, and, people of that time (24th Treta Yuga of current Manvantara), knew the correct theories how nature works and how The Lord controls the nature, 18 million years ago.

Seeing the above facts, it's clear how advanced were our ancestors of previous Yugas, and, how primitive is the modern science.

I am really thankful to all the devotees here to provide exposure to such wonderful literature to people like me. 7 - 8 months ago, I started in Bhakti and, now, slowly am feeling attracted towards lotus feet of Lord Sri Rama. I don't know right now where Bhakti will take me in future, but, am sure that it will be a place much much better, rather, the best place & best consciousness in the creation, than the one in which I was, before coming to Bhakti.

Thanks a lot.

Haribol!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights Prabhuji. It is truly amazing to see the depth of knowledge and wisdom present in our ancient texts, and how they continue to be relevant and useful even in modern times. The science and philosophy presented in these texts are not just theoretical, but are based on practical observation and experience, which makes them even more valuable. It is wonderful to hear that you are finding inspiration and guidance in your Bhakti practice, and we wish you all the best on your spiritual journey.

• Hare Krishna !!

Thanks a lot to Hari Bhaktas like you, who always encourage fallen souls like us to take up devotion and revive our Krishna Consciousness.

The scientific details like these help us to strengthen our faith and motivates us to move faster in the direction of Krishna Consciousness. If everyone, atleast once, reads only Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam and Ramayana, that person will give up reading everything else. This happened with me practically.

Haribol!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Once again ,thank you so much for sharing your experience and insights on the importance of reading the Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, and Ramayana. It is heartening to hear that you have found inspiration and motivation through these texts, and we hope that more people will be drawn towards them as well.

May Lord Krishna bless you on your spiritual journey and guide you towards eternal happiness.

:)

Hare Krishna!

• Hare Krishna!  Your history dwarfs ours, I live in USA presently.  Americans are very egocentric.

• Hare Krishna Mata ji,

The History mentioned in Ramayana / Mahabharata or in Puranas is not to be considered "theirs" or "mine" etc. It is ours, be it Indian, European, Russian, American anyone. It is Universe's History, and hence everyone is included in it.

The history being taught us today is a more recent history, mostly of last 2000 years. But, if we go backwards, we'll find you, me, everyone share same origin. Hence we all are brothers and sisters and hence we share our collective history.

Ofcourse some people will be present in the society, who won't accept it, but, we don't need to bother about them. Even in Dvapara Yuga, Duryodhan existed, before whom, Sri Krishna showed His Universal Form, but still he didn't accepted Sri Krishna as God, OR, in Satya Yuga, Hiranyakasipu existed, who was deeply envious of Sri Krishna, and even tried to demean, and then kill his own devotee son Prahlada Maharaj. So, if in those ages, such people can exist, then existence of a few such people today is a very good condition, because as per expectation, in Kali Yuga, there shoudl be millions of such Duryodhans or Hiranyakasipus.

This same thing I keep telling myself whenever I find people opposing God, or not accepting scriptures.

Haribol!

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Amazing findings. 

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krsna!

Thanks Prabhuji !

Haribol!

This reply was deleted.