Drowning New Guy

Hare Krishna,

I have just scratched the surface in my path to Lord Krishna.  I have read only Srila Prabhupada's Beyond Birth and Death.  It sees there are contentions among devotees.  I expect that if I stay with Srila Prabhupada books, I will be fine.  I cannot find a FAQ here for new followers.  I will humbly and gratefully accept guidance.

Metta,

Ponce Yanez

Santa Fe, NM USA

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna dear Ponce Yanez,

Welcome to Krishna Conciousness ! Haribol !
    You will be fine if you follow Srila Prabhupada's books, but Prabhupada also wanted us to work together and he always stressed and lead by example how important it is to have eachothers association.
    Some will disagree on some things but that's why we have guru's and senior devotees who can clear things up, because they know the scriptures better ( must quote) or have direct instructions from Srila Prabhupada..
    We really need eachother and we need you, we need to advance trough helping others and by following instruction from guru or other devotees who are senior in knowledge and serving devotees (all devotees, new and old) It is a great start, no it is a great blessing, to have the association of Srila Prabhupada trough his books and many video's and sound recordings but he wanted us to associate with eachother too. Thank you for giving us your association bhakta Ponce prabhu, I hope you will make very fast and wonderfull advancements in Krishna Conciousness.

Hare Krishna !

• This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.