Volunteer

Does Hell really exist??

Hare Krishna and dandavat pranam to all prabhujees and matajis!!! I know the question may sound stupid and ludicrous but of late, the thought of hell is disturbing my mind. I was watching Astha tv where a saint while delivering a lecture on Srimad Bhagavatam was mentioning names of various Hells where punishment will be given to our subtle bodies according to the sin we commit. He also mentioned that even Yudhisthira had to go to hell for speaking a lie. It is not that I fear hell and I'm bold enough to accept any punishment for every sin I have committed till date. It will be being a hypocrite if I say I'm a saint. But the thing that gives me pain is the thought that I will miss Krishna and may not get back to my own home, Goloka. I wud request the blessed devotees to  guide me.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhuji

If hell does exist and if it's not this earth(where we live) then I believe that only our souls goes to the hell and not the body.And since soul does not have any physical body how come we get brutal hammering or burning in oil and any other similar tortures ? Because for souls these kind of tortures doesn't mean anything. Also if we are punished for all our bad deeds in hell then why again when we take a new birth does bad karma follows us from previous birth. Are we punished 2 places for the same bad deed one in hell and one in earth? Then how does karma concept holds true in next birth

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Alka Parikh Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

to the hell goes soul within subtle body which consists of:

mind

intelligence and

false ego.

But Krishna Consciousness is trying to remove that subtle body so that we could go without the covering of that body. Subtle body is the body with the good or bad act reactions (fruits).

In the hell we suffer for extreme sins like killing a cow, any animal, even chicken...

and when karma gets little bit equal, it means when good and bad deeds are in the same level then one takes birth in the Earth planet.

For extreme pious deeds we go to Heaven and come back again, for extreme sins to the hell.

when we go to heaven we will be given suitable gross body when we go to hell we will again be given gross body. 

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

can u send me some link where i can have detailed info about karma reactions.

• Hare Krishna Bhaktin Mataji

Does karma in present life indicates  actions of only previous birth or this birth as well. Meaning now when I have taken birth in this earth when both my good and bad deeds are same . And assuming that after the age of 13 (not considered as balik avastha) if I do bad deeds I would be re payed off by karma in this birth or next birth? how does it work. Do I have to suffer for my bad deeds of present life in present life as well or next life.

Does killing ants ,cockroaches, worms,flies present in house using HIT and sprays also considered as sin.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna, dear devotees and thnkx a lot for ur kind advices. Indeed after chanting Krishna's name, it seems I'm getting absolved. The more I chant, the more my heart gets clean.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Hell is - forgetting Krishna. 

Even in this Earth planet life is hellish if one does not chant the Holy Names.  Everyday they worry about something. Because they are attached to temporary things which give some pleasure to the senses. 

when we go to the hell we won't be there in the subtle body but we will be given suitable gross body which will be able to feel the gross pain. that body will be beaten or fried even though we won't die but feel pain. such like strong body isn't it?!

when some Devotees leave this world they are shown all the planetary systems. In this way to say that Maharaja Yudhishtra went to the Hell does not mean that he was a resident of the Hell. No!

If we accept a Guru and with humility follow His instructions then our Gurudev won't let us be taken by Yamadutas. 

Your servant, 

• Yes it does. If you do good, you get higher planes. If you do bad, you face hell. If you do some good and some bad, it does not cross out. You spend some time in one place and some in other.

See the trailer of hell in on the Earth itself. Look around and see how people suffer. Listen to Prabhupada's lecture in Boston where he answers very aptly one  question - 'I am alive and I have never suffered'. His answer was (with a laughter in the room) - ' Then you are a madman.'

Your karma has to be purged, no matter what. And if you wish to get your karmas burnt, you will have to be Uttam Devotee - easy for people of Prabhupada's stature, very tough for people like us. So we have to act righteous.

So, just do the righteous things, seeking blessing to clear your karma. Keep chanting for spiritual upliftment. Your concern will be addressed by HIM.

• prabhu this is great opportunity for purchasing bhagvatam set.

prabhu you have guts the way you say u don't fear hell this it self is great great and super great. you will go to GOLOK don't worry. u heard half thing only read SP PURPORTS everything will become clear, these professional speakers are very dangerous SP said that bcoz for making story spicy and attractive they may do CUT & PASTE and thats why we should not watch TV u get  dvd player get videoes like little krishna series and prabhupada serial , yatra videos and daily meet and talk to devotees share prasad and u'll not miss T.V.(only request no force ,sorry for offenses)  corrections are welcome.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna . Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

A pure devotee don't bother very much whether he will be in hell , heaven or in Golok rather he prays to krishna wherever he/she may be but "Please Krishna give me the oppurtunity to serve you". we should follow the footstep of Chaitanya Mahaparabhu where He says:

"O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth."

we are not bhukti or mukti kami. we are aspiring servant. Mukti (liberation) is by product of Bhakti. so to a devotee this things should not matter much.

This reply was deleted.