Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada
|An Appeal About Us Donate Contact Us|
Is being free from material desires similar as being depressed in which a person loses interest in enjoying life, having fun, socializing and enjoying all the material aspects of the modern society. I am losing interest in life. I don't have any desire to enjoy anything in life. I have lost connection with all my friends and families. I keep a low profile. Any advice would be highly appreciated!!
Is being free from material desires similar as being depressed in which a person loses interest in enjoying life
No, it is different. Nobody can become completely freed from all desires easily. But we can get rid of material desires and have spiritual desires.
I am losing interest in life. I don't have any desire to enjoy anything in life. I have lost connection with all my friends and families. I keep a low profile. Any advice would be highly appreciated!!
Krsna is the root of all existence. If we are not happy in life it is only because we are not giving happiness to Krsna. We give happiness to Krsna, we will become automatically happy. If we sing for pleasure of Krsna we'll naturally be satisfied. If we cook and offer for Krsna we will be free from hunger. If we clean temple of Krsna, our heart will be cleansed.
So we need to enthusiastically serve Krsna, even little bit, like offering a lamp, or flower or a tulasi leaf or circumambulate deity or tulasi plant, feeding Krsna's cows etc. Krsna is so good that He will be pleased by such small acts when done selflessly. Please try
Nicely explained by Bharat Prabhu.. I will add some things from my perspective also.
Depression Vs Liberation
1. You are selfish when you are depressed how? self pitying is there.
2. When do you get depressed? only when some things are not happening as per your will and wish.
8. Social withdrawal.
1. Selflessness./ no self pity. constantly striving for the pleasure of all others seeing all others and himself as part and parcel of Krishna. So there is no self pity. only selflessly serving others or considering others same as your own self and seeing all as one unit as all belong to Krishna. No more self loathing.. only serving others.
2. Knowing that all things are Predestined to happen so and all is working according to the Plan of Krishna.. Even if things are not going as per your plan, will and wish also...the person is fine thing Krishna has a better plan for me.. Thinks positively in all circumstances and tries to see Krishna in all his works.
3. full of Hope. Having surrendered entirely on Krishna. Feels less burdensome. As He is now completely under shelter of Krishna he has firm faith and hope in Krishna. Thinks everything will be alright and Krishna has better plan for me then this so.. Has full hope and faith.
4. No more sadness as the person got connect to the bliss supreme. Just as a baby in the womb of its mother completely surrendered to its mother.. and doesn't do much thinking he completely rely's on its mother. Then there is no sadness at all as everything is taken care by Krishna.
5.No more anger... anger comes only when things are not going to according to you.. Now that you are completely surrendered and think and feel that all are like you belonging to Krishna and part and parcel of Krishna.. Now you don't have any anger also.
6. No more frustration as you are totally under Krishna's protection .. Krishna protects you like the eyelids protecting the eyeball.
7. Optimism. Thinking positively that all is happening according to Krishna's plan. Remaining at a balance state of mind in happiness and sorrow. Not losing balance. Seeing that everything will fall straight when time comes and hoping that Krishna will take care of everything and even in bad circumstances also...finding some good points and utilizing every situation to grow spiritually stronger.
8. Socially moving.. Thinking all are part and parcel of Krishna every living entity in this world has Krishna seated in the region of heart.. How can you be separate from all?? All are having Krishna in them.. all belong to Krishna.. Now you are free, you are more social then previously. Now you make more Krishna conscious devotee friends to do Sankirtan.
Notice the differences urselves.
See how a depressed person and a liberated person is.