demigod worship

It is said in the book 'KRISHNA' that by worshipping the other gods like 'SHIVA' OR 'BRAMHA' one cannot become completely 'KRISHNA CONSCIOUS'.But it is very clearly stated in the 'SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM' that 'SHIVA' or 'BRAMHA' all are incarnations of Lord Vishnu or Krishna. Then by not worshipping them aren't we indirectly disrespecting Lord Krishna?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i would like to add something .. there is one instance of with the founder of Gitapress Gorakhpur . Sri Poddar ji .. when he wrote some books not sure called some Tika .. then  ..Angira sage and And NArada sage personally came to meet him .. and discussed about the work that he is doing .. i have the scripts in that sri poddar ji mentioned this .. so all and all its clear that even though he didnt pray or worship to any sage specifically like Narada or Angira but as the true devotee Sage narada as the messanger of the lord personally took care of him...hare krishna ...

• Many Hindus misunerstand Hare Krishnas for this reason that they do not worship demigods and thi sthey consider as disrespect. But only a true vaishnava worships Shiva the best. In Bhagavatham Shiva claims that he is the gretest vaishnava and all vaishnavas know this. He also says he loves all vaishnavas and vaishnavas too loove him. Shiva worshippers(at least most of them) approach him with ulterior motives of sense enjoyment. Shiva fulfills them out of his compassion but he does not love them as he does vaishnavas.
            As devotees are fully engaged in serving Krishna, they have no time and inclination for other demigods who are all energies of Krishna.
            Sometimes, ISKCON devotees do not take pains to explain the science to others and this increases the misunderstanding

Hare Krishna
  • Volunteer

Yes indeed, Simduja Venkatraman Prabhu, I agree with you completely.

5.18 in the Bhagavad-gita recommends seeing all living beings with equal vision. We should not only respect the demigods but all living things and we should even be careful with inanimate objects. Namaste.
    • yes! krishna is present in every living being only when a living being misbheaves we get annoyed and critisize the person,but actually we all are puppets and move accordingly like krishna moves us.so by critisizing any person we are actually criticising krishna present in him.
      om namo narayanaya!
      • Please can someone provide insight on the following:
        1. One of my Guru said that Lord Shiva worships Lord Vishnu and Lord Vishnu worships Lord Shiva. Is it right? Does Lord Vishnu worship anybody?
        2. If Lord himself resides within us and we are worshiping some other demigods Is it not Lord Vishnu who is worshiping other Gods?

Hari Bol.
  • Volunteer
    In the Srimad Bhagavatam, (4.30.38) Srila Prabhupada explains that there's an important verse regarding this in the Bhagavad-gītā (7.20):

kāmais tais tair hṛta-jñānāḥ
    prapadyante ’nya-devatāḥ
    taṁ taṁ niyamam āsthāya
    prakṛtyā niyatāḥ svayā

“Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.” One enamored by material benefits is called hṛta jñāna (“one who has lost his intelligence”). In this connection it is to be noted that sometimes in revealed scriptures Lord Śiva is described as being nondifferent from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The point is that Lord Śiva and Lord Viṣṇu are so intimately connected that there is no difference in opinion. The actual fact is, ekale īśvara kṛṣṇa, āra saba bhṛtya: “The only supreme master is Kṛṣṇa, and all others are His devotees or servants.” (Cc. Ādi 5.142) This is the real fact, and there is no difference of opinion between Lord Śiva and Lord Viṣṇu in this connection. Nowhere in revealed scripture does Lord Śiva claim to be equal to Lord Viṣṇu. This is simply the creation of the so-called devotees of Lord Śiva, who claim that Lord Śiva and Lord Viṣṇu are one. This is strictly forbidden in the Vaiṣṇava-tantra: yas tu nārāyaṇaṁ devam. Lord Viṣṇu, Lord Śiva and Lord Brahmā are intimately connected as master and servants. Śiva-viriñci-nutam. Viṣṇu is honored and offered obeisances by Lord Śiva and Lord Brahmā. To consider that they are all equal is a great offense. They are all equal in the sense that Lord Viṣṇu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and all others are His eternal servants.
    • I completely agree with you that krsna is the supreme personality and it is also stated that
      'sarva deva namaskaraha,
      shri keshavam pratighachati'

but the main reason for what i began with this discussion is that even if we don't pray to them but we must respect them! even in srimad bhagavatam it is stated if we don't worship them or think them greater than krsna we can atleast pray to them for getting krishna!
This reply was deleted.