confusion

Hare Krishna to all devotees,

I see there are lot of spiritual institutions in India and abroad, but none of these except ISKCON emphasizes the fact that Krishna is the supreme personality of Godhead and surrendering to Krishna and going back to Goloka is the ultimate goal of life. All other spiritual institutions speak of Bhagavad Gita but they do not tell that Krishna is the supreme. They all tell that Krishna is an avatar and he is equal to Lord Shiva or Lord Genesha. Therefore i feel that the sadhana path followed by all other institutions are less effective than that followed by Hare Krishna devotees.. But if i tell this to other people who are not followers of Hare Krishna they will tell me how can you be so narrow minded? how can you think that only your path is superior? Just like for each child his own mother is great, similarly for followerrs of each path their own path is superior. All the path leads to the same goal.. This is how one person told me.. I do not know what to answer or i do not know whether im right in my thinking..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna my dear sincere inclined inquirer,

Just work backwards. Reverse engineering as technology calls it.

It is now pretty clear that we are each spirit souls and not the body.

Go through the entirety of the transcendental knowledge bank consisting of the complete works of the Bhagavad Gita, The Bhagavatas, the Puranas, the Vedas, the Upanishads and even the Bible, the Quran and everything else one can lay their hands on on this world.

Though they have lot of advise, dos and don'ts, empirical knowledge etc, spoken by Lord Shiva, Brahma Ji, Narada Munivar Deva Rishi and many many more.

None have claimed as follows except Him in His Gita:

- I am GOD.

- Surrender unto Me by leaving everything aside.

- Those jivas who are envious of Me and commit mischief, I cast them into lower and lower species of living bodies.

- I cook food outside your bodies and digest food inside your bodies

- I induce succulent properties into vegetables and fruits as the moon

- I am the taste in water

- I situated in every living being's heart dissipate ignorance

and many many more

and even in the Bhagavatas it is clear from renowned intellectuals of the Science of God:

- Anor Aniyan Mahato Mahiyan. Dear Lord's expansive process from Krishna/Govinda to Vasudeva to Sankarshana, Anirudha, Pradhyumna to Karanodakasayi Vishnu to Garbhodakasayi Vishnu to Ksirodakasayi Vishnu to Paramatma (in terms of mundane technologies - n mux, n band, n switch with complete heterogeneous presence of multiple spirits and matter in each body with multiple presence in each matter. Amazing omnipresence).

- In the Brahma Samhita Brahma Ji sings after comprehensive cognition in divine trance and Prema Bhakti Chakshu(Loving vision)- Ishvarah Paramaha Krishnah (Krishna is the supreme Boss) and His constitutional format - Sat Chit Ananda Vigraha, Age - Anadir Adir Govindah, Sarva Karana Karanah - cause of all causes (as He says in His Gita - Ignorance and memory comes from Me). So does the conditioning, the contamination and the liberation.

- Krishna Stu Bhagavan Swayam and many many more.

So work the reverse engineering way from the very Person who has more than 80% control of ones own body backwards through each claim in various scriptures.

You will definitely reach Krishna BOSS. The Original Boss.

In case of a compulsive and adamant non believer, put him in touch with his body's controller. Any insane person will agree that one has very limited control and can sense and be conscious of the Divine entities in ones body. Let them acknowledge that existence on a first level basis constantly and think 100 times before tormenting that very Person. Such as smoking - one is suffocating Him, drinking Booze - one is playing with His power to keep one conscious, sex - one is taking for granted His role as the mind, sense and sense organ integrator (It is He who reads ones mental intention and supports the performance of the organs in both the Linga sariras(male) and the sakthi sarira (female) and enlivens the respective senses etc...

This is the heights of narrow mindedness (us)

The divine Supreme colossally tolerates. Very very sad. What we are doing to Him.

Ignorance is not an excuse to break any law. Similarly the Divine law to which is to love Him where we all have collectively defaulted. And now all knowledge banks are available by the flick of your finger on this planet called maithunyagara (google this. study and retrospect on Bhagavad Gita As it is page 207 - 3.39. http://vedabase.net/bg/3/39/en ) traveling at a recorded speed of 57.6 million miles per hour (16000 miles per second) whizzing through space not even giving us a tiny bump. But all the same constantly giving all seamlessly birth, death, old age and disease as basic terrors coupled with limitless value added terrors such as recession, unemployment, tsunami, volcanoes, floods, famine, war etc etc. Why??? Why??? Think!!! Use your minds only for this and nothing else, make amends with the Person with whom we have behaved as His permanent enemy and think how he has behaved back with such gross defaulters - Surrender unto Me and I will re leave you of all your sins including the primary most one.

This is the heights of broad mindedness (His)

Each child should realize whose child is it actually and in which property? The body or IT actually as an emanation of HIM

Let all surrender unto Him without a question.

If there is a problem let them or any one speak to me.

My e mail is naren.tr@gmail.com and my mobile number is +919449074201. I am connected and on line both ways materially and spiritually 24x7 and also Transieving pure convergence at both mundane and transcendental domains with bandwidth on demand (our current body is way way beyond 4G or advanced LTE wireless protocols[Long term Evolution]) constantly.

Humbly at your service Sir.

Pleasure to give a wake up call to any one. Trust me all of us are sleeping beauties.

Sankarshana Dasa

• Ya these mayavadis seem to be performing much more austerities than Hare Krishna people.. But they do not have a proper goal.. They think that brahman realisation or moksha is the ultimate..

• Volunteer

Dear Pierre Hare Krsna,  Before making any judgements we must get all the information.

There is only one Supreme God who is addressed by many names.

Vishnu, Narayana, Rama, Krsna, Allah, Christ, Jahovah and so on.

In the Vedas the Supreme all pervading Personality of Godhead is called Vishnu.

The devotees of the Supreme Lord Vishnu are called vaisnavas.

These devotees see all other worshippers of the Supreme ,Vishnu in a nonsectarian way.

Whoever is developing Love for God is a vaisnava,  a devotee.

There is only one eternal occupation for all souls and that is pure loving service to The Supreme God.

It is not  that there are many supreme gods or many religions.

It is  there are just many laguages, customs, rituals and concepts related to the one Supreme Lord.

So in India there are many who are devotees of Vishnu/Krsna and as far as I know no one has made a concensus to count them.

Vaisnavas are in 4 main sampradayas and many thousands of lines are coming from these.

ISKCON is only one line amongst thosands of lines of vaisnavism.

Any devotee who is a pure devotee is a guru of vaisnavism.

In ISKCON there are hundreds of gurus and in the world there would be thousandsof gurus.

So in the world there would be many hundreds of millions of worshipers of Vishnu/Krsna.

There is no dictators in Vaisnavism as everyone is a servant of the servant.

The guru teaches we are spirit soul,   how to live a life of pure devoton and surrender to God,  nothing else.

Vaisnavas have no interest in politics, military and war.

These thing are of interest to the materialists not the devotees.

If any devotee becomes too involved in material ambition he falls down from his position as a vaisnava.

Some vaisnavas work in the institutions set up by great teachers/gurus for helping people understand the teachings of vaisnavism.

For the sake of effective managment in the institution there is leaders and hierarchy as there is in any organisation.

In ISKCON we all work co operativly so we can acheive big projects for the glorification of God, Krsna.

We work conjointly,  there is no dictatorship and everything is voluntary.

There is still debate and disagreements but that is about how we may best use our combined energies in the service of Krsna.

We never debate if we should or should not serve Krsna.

On that we all agree.

We all agree that pure unaloyed Love of God,  Krsna prema is the ultimate goal in life.

And we respect the different moods of worshipers and do not demand everyone should only worship and adore God like we do.

If you want to worship Him as Rama or Nrshinga or Allah or Christ thats OK.

We only ask that you please come to the spiritual platform of the soul.

Be a true lover of God chant His Holy Names and serve Him with pure loving devotion.

Hare Krsna

• Volunteer

but we will pray for them in order they come to the lotus feet of Krishna, yes?! as like 4 Kumaras also were Mayavadis but were attracted to the Tulasi leaves in the lotus feet of Lord Narayana.

we came to the devotional service only by the prayers of pure Devotees.  But Lord Gouranga is so merciful that listens even our prayers!  All glories to Guru and Gouranga!

• hare krsna
    pahmo
    krsna chastised arjuna asocyan anvasocos tvam prajna vadams ca bhasase while speaking learned words you are lamenting for what is not worthy of grief similarly among people in genral 99.9 percentctually devoid of spiritual knowledge and are therefore like inexperienced children speaking nonnsensically consequently their words cannot be given any importance one has to learn from krsna or his devotee if one speaks on this basis of this experience that is on the basis of spiritual knowledge ones words are valuable
    try to read daily prabhupadhas books and distribute it hare krsna
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

Dear Prabhuji..  It's easy to get confused when speaking to these "highly intelligent" mayavadis about the real position of Krishna when one himself does not read the various authorized vedas or have sadhusanga constantly.  You have to polish your knowledge constantly by these two activities.  Read the Bhagawad Gita As It Is; Sri Chaitanya Charitamrita; Srimad Bhagwatam and The Brahama Samhita.  Read  little by little everyday, make it a habit and soon you'll be so empowered with true knowledge that by Krishna's mercy you will be a real Vedanta.  Like Prabhupada you will be so empowered that no one will be able to beat you in any intelligent arguments.

http://vedabase.net/

please click on the above link and your journey would have started..Enjoy :)

2536680420?profile=original

• pahmo

hare krsna prabhu

jai ho

jai om vishnupadh parahamhams parivajhaacharya assthotra shat srila prabhupadh ki jai

guru parampara ki jai

srila prabhupadh book distribution ki jai

read srila prabhupadhas book and distribute it and you will be empowered

gaur bhakth vrnd khi jai

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

In BG Arjuna asked Bhagavan Sri Krishna that how he can recognize a saintly person. Krishna told to look:

--how he walks

--eats

--what he speaks

In this way we also have to see what do they talk about usually, what do they wear, what kind of food they eat, who are their associations, how do they keep their living places, worshiping places, how do they take care of Deities.

As Srila Prabhupada told that sometimes we may see so called Deity worshipers but their Deities take bath once a year...they keep Them dirty.

Cleanliness of the Temples, kitchens, clothes, words...

And of course qualities.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

His divine grace, A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Pabhupada, has given explanations on this topic in several books, especially the Srimad Bhagavatam. Quotes given below from the Srimad Bhagavatam will hopefully help to clarify any confusions.

However, the quotes given are only a few examples and further reading will of course help anyone understand better.

From the Srimad Bhagavatam:

"Lord Sri Krsna is the svayam-rupa Personality of Godhead, and all other forms of Godhead, beginning from Sri Baladeva, Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Aniruddha, Pradyumna and Narayana and extending to the purusa-avataras, guna-avataras, lilaavataras,yuga-avataras and many other thousands of manifestations of the

Personality of Godhead, are Lord Sri Krsna's plenary portions and integrated parts."

"Lord Sri Krsna and all His plenary parts are visnu-tattva, or the Lordship of Godhead. The Visnu or the Deity of the quality of goodness in the material world is the purusa-avatara known as Ksirodakasayi Visnu or

Paramatma. Brahma is the deity of rajas (passion), and Siva of ignorance."

"A Vaisnava is always tolerant, and Lord Siva is considered the topmost Vaisnava, so his character, as shown in this scene, is excellent."

"Lord Siva said that since his heart was always filled with the conception of Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, because of the Supreme Lord's presence within his mind and heart, he was always
    offering obeisances unto that Supreme Godhead. In other words, Lord Siva is always in trance, samadhi. This samadhi is not under the control of the devotee; it is under the control of Vasudeva, for the entire internal
    energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead acts under His order."

"Unless one surrenders unto the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, it is certain that he will be bewildered. When an intelligent man surrenders unto the lotus feet of Krsna and knows completely that Krsna is the cause

of all causes, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gita, then only can such an intelligent man become a mahatma, or great soul. But such a great soul is rarely seen. Only the mahatmas can understand that the Supreme Lord is

the primeval cause of all creations. He is parama or ultimate truth because all other truths are relative to Him. He is omniscient. For Him, there is no illusion. Bhagavad-gita is the preliminary study of the Bhagavatam. And Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summum bonum of life, Lord Sri Krsna personified. One can certainly see directly the presence of Lord Sri Krsna in the pages of Bhagavatam if one has heard it from a self-realized great soul like Sukadeva Gosvami. One cannot, however, learn Bhagavatam from a bogus hired reciter whose aim of life is to earn some money out of such recitation and employ the earning in sex indulgence. No one can learn Srimad-Bhagavatam who is associated with persons engaged in sex life. That is the secret of learning Bhagavatam Nor can one learn Bhagavatam

from one who interprets the text by his mundane scholarship. One has to learn Bhagavatam from the representative of Sukadeva Gosvami, and no one else, if one at all wants to see Lord Sri Krsna in the pages. That is the process, and there is no alternative."

Hari Bol,

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

i became to know that in South India people mostly worship the Demigod Ganesh. when i was in the police for foreign registration the police officer seeing my Tilak asked if i was Krishna's Devotee, i told yes. Then he told that how can i serve to such like a God, He has more than 16000 wives. in my mind i told that even you are His wife, but i did not say it loudly until he puts permission stamp on my passport. :-D :-D

Just ENVY! In this world everybody thinks that he is or she is God. that everybody should serve him/her. as like when i visited home in holidays i used to cook and requested mom not to taste anything, Krishna should taste first. She used to become envious why my child :-O my own child does not respect me and respects Krishna-God.

They say that Ganesh is God, Shiva is God, ok Krishna is also God then later i am also God.

Some years back in Russia one Devotee was called to the dispute on TV with another philosophers.

And one interesting thing mentioned our Devotee and won the dispute. He told:

we do not say that we are superior to others, because or that our way is superior!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

This reply was deleted.