Chanting

Haribol. I have been regularly chanting about 18 rounds a day but still have trouble concentrating - it's hard to control the mind1 Any comments ? Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haribol. Thank u. I will try this.
  • Try, try and try again, till you succed. Nothing comes to this world without paying the price. This is the supreme test of self-sacrifice, which requires years of hard work. It is not the question of when, but how far can you tax yourself. Then see for yourself. The basic thing taught in this line is not to expect anything but to accept what you get. Develop intense love for Krishna to take you along in this long journey of self-sacrifice.

Hare Krishna.

• Volunteer

I am very greatful to Sarvopama dasa Prabhu for you encouragement in going out and chanting Harinam in public. Please send your blessing. I am so fallen.

Hare Krishna

• Please accept my humble obesciences!

sri sri giridhari gandharvika jayatau!

sri sri guru gauranga jayatau!

HH mahanidhi maharaj describes four stages to succeed in japa:

Naam.....rupa.....guna....lila

Naam:

it refers to fixing the mind on the holy name of the lord.....try remembering different meanings of the mahamantra  given by our previous acharyas....also try chanting audibly enough and keep listening your own voice....keep checking if your pronounciations are right.

Rupa:

it refers to the transcedental form of the lord....close your eyes and try visualising some deity form of gaura nitai or radha krsna or narasimhadev and keep chanting.....try reading "radha govinda meditations" by mahanidhi maharaj

Guna:

guna means krsna and shrimati radharanis transcedental divine qualities....refer to Nectar of devotion for description of krsna's 64 qualities!

now while doing japa remember them one by one while simultaneously chanting...it will definitely help!

Lila:

lastly try remembering krsna's different pastimes......and continue chanting...there are innumerable lilas!

im confident that these tips may help you as they are amazing helping blocks in one's japa progress!

vaishnava dasanudasanudas

amarnath das

• hare krsna dear Nalene prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obesiences, all glories to shril prabhupada

When we chant loudly and hear it consciously through both the ears we compel our wandering mind to hear the hare krnsa manta. Its like beating the mind and forcing him to hear.

Also when we chant in a group we tend to loose our concentration less

Hope this helps you

• Volunteer

About a year ago, when Sri Jayapataka Swami Maharaj visited Sacramento, California,

He was presented this same question. He said, "Look at him, (pointing at someone), he is chanting loudly... when you chant loudly", you can focus better on Krishna.

Sankirtana, Bhajana will help you. Sing loudly.

2nd advise he gave was, to chant mantra " Namah Om Vishnu Padaya Krishna Prastaya Bhutale,.... before every round of japa . I am not sure 100% on the second advice, I mean the procedure, whether just one time or once every round of Japa. Someone please help me out here.

• Volunteer
      You can chant the Pranams and Pancatattva mantras before each round or at the beginning of your sixteen rounds as you wish. The best way to chant the maha mantra is out in public. If we even only stick our head out the door and chant Hare Krishna one time but do that every day we are pleasing Srila Prabhupada more than anyone can imagine. We need to go out in public and chant every day without fail. If we miss even one day, we lose our spiritual momentum.
      • Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhu, I really appreciate  your association. Thank you. I will do that.

I will stick my head out every day and at least once I will chant the Holy name of Krishna.

• Volunteer
          I predict that at some point you won't be satisfied with that and you'll want to do more. :)
  • Haribol

1)Srila Prabhupad says hare krishna mahamantra is holy names of god, they will conquer ur mind.

2)HH Kadamba Kanan swami says, listen to ur voice while chanting, chant louder or have a ear plug.

Over all, Krishna says,
    Abondon all varieties of religion and surrender unto me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions, don't fear.
    (Bhagvad Gita 18.66)
    Hare Krishna
This reply was deleted.