Chanting

Haribol. I have been regularly chanting about 18 rounds a day but still have trouble concentrating - it's hard to control the mind1 Any comments ? Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!! 

Kindly go through this lecture on Holy Name.. It gives some very practical tips to concentrate on Chanting. I hope U'll find it useful.

http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/05_-_ISKCON_Chowpatty/08%20-%20S...

• Volunteer
    Srila Prabhupad told that JUST CHANT AND HEAR. Now where is the question of mind?
    • hare krsna Kartik prabhuji, according to the question

"Srila Prabhupad told that JUST CHANT AND HEAR. Now where is the question of mind?"

while chanting we we get different thoughts and its the mind thats bringing those thoughts and which keeps on wandering here and there,

Kindly explain the same

• Volunteer

I have lots of trouble with my mind but when I remember to chant, then I can go more into my heart.

God is in your heart. You're there with God. God directs your steps. You don't have to worry. You've got the secret to happiness.

• Volunteer
    The momentum builds on a daily basis. In this way we can save the world. That's how Srila Prabhupada did it.
  • Volunteer
    A couple years ago in Vrindavan, His Holiness Janananda Swami pointed out to me that Srila Prabhupada's first three priorities were 1. Going out in public and chanting the Holy Name. 2. Keeping the temples clean and beautiful. 3. Chanting 16 rounds.

My wife and I then made a vow to go out every day on Hari Nama Sankirtan and do the Nagar Sankirtan as recommended by Srila Prabhupada. From that day forward we have experienced nothing but a steady stream of miracles. If we all, once again, go out and chant in public whenever possible (ideally every day as requested by the Jagad Guru) all our difficulties will disperse.
    • Haribol! Thank you. I will pray to the Lord for his mercy so I can go out every day on Hari Nama! Always in the service of Krsna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada! Hare Krsna
This reply was deleted.