CAT FIGHT , What To Do ..

Hare Krsna ,

All glories to srila prabhupada

Well my question might look a laughing material , but please suggest ,

I have a Cat at my home , not pet actually , but have bacame a member just like that ,

My family member calls him by name Krsna ,Now there is another cat which is double the size of our Cat , they do fight often , today they entered the Kitchen and started fighting , and created havoc ,

I felt like beating the other Cat , Then felt we i am helpless , because Krsna lives in everyone , so we should not hate others , please answer my question with respect to Cat

Please suggest something !!

Hari Bol !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

a devotee need to be compassionate to all living entities. However, one should not get attached to it.

• Volunteer

Leave the cats alone and let them do what they want. feed them prasadam every day and pray for their better birth in next life. once they leave their body, do not bring any other cat/dog or pet as they try to distract us from our goal of life. When every any one gets doubt about having pet or not, just remember the story of Bharath Maharaj how he had to take 2 births again to perfect only because he got attached to a deer and remembered the deer at the time of death.

hare krishna

• Hare Krishna Sudheendra S. Thank you for your comments.

•  Hare Krishna. Seperate the cats. Keep one cat in one room and the other cat in a different room. Do not hurt the cat or you will get some bad karma.  I have 2 cats and I never let them go outside because it is too dangerous for cats to be outside. In the Bhagavad-Gita 5:18 it says:    "The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater(outcaste)

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I understand that you are saying this through compassion to the cats. And it is true that a devotee sees every1 equally. But in the case of Ashwani Prabhu Ji the cats are standing as a obstacle to his devotional path. Anything that stands as an obstacle to our path of KC must be removed. Even sometimes we might have to remove material replationships and what to speak of cats. And also aspiring devotees are advised not associate with non-devotees. And cats are obviously not devotees and they live in the darkest parts of ignorance. So as a devotee association with ignorant living entities will make us ignorant just like devotee association makes us devotees. So the best thing  Ashwani Prabhu Ji can do is to let the cats go somewhere else.

Hari Bol! 

• Hare Krishna. I believe he mentioned that one of his family members has already named one of the cats "Krsna". Won't that cat be helpful to that family member who is calling out the name of "Krsna" everytime he calls the cat?

• Volunteer

I agree with that point PAndora matahji. Once there were 2 paper article, one glorifying the the hare krishna movement and the other criticizing the hare krishna movement. HDG Bhakthisidhantha saraswathi thakur told to count the number of times the word Krishna appears in both the article and it was found that the one criticizing had more then the one glorifying. He then declared, that the one criticizing is the better article. Because, people will forget what was there in the article after some time, but they would have chanted the names of Krishna so many times and would get a long term benefit.

This reply was deleted.