Hare Krishna

as Prabhupada said 'Kalo Sudra' that means we are all Sudras in Kali Yuga. forget about being Brahmana, we are not even Vaisya.

so my question to you all is -

Is it possible to elevate ourselves from our current Varna which is Sudra to a higher Varna for example Ksatriya?

please only give me answers backing up with quotes from scriptures and Prabhupada only. please don't answer as per your thinking.

thank you and Hare Krishna.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Yes, but that would be aiming very low. 

By the practice pure devotional service a person can get the highest elevation of being freed from cycle of birth & death and be transferred permanently to the kingdom of Sri Krsna and become his associate. 

akāmaḥ sarva-kāmo vā
    mokṣa-kāma udāra-dhīḥ
    tīvreṇa bhakti-yogena
    yajeta puruṣaṁ param

A person who has broader intelligence, whether he be full of all material desire, without any material desire, or desiring liberation, must by all means worship the supreme whole, the Personality of Godhead. (SB 2.3.10)

The above shloka from Srimad Bahgavatam clearly states that whatever a person wants he simply needs to intensely practice bhakti. 

Elevation to higher varna, elevation to higher planets are all material desires. By practice of devotional service devotees have attained these. 

Example : 5 year old boy Dhruva wanted a kingdom greater than His great gandfather Lord Brahma. Dhruva performed intense devotional service to 5-6 months and he attained the Dhruva loka by grace of Sri Vishnu. (SB Canto 4) 

Narada muni was son of a maid servant (shudra). He served pure devotees and became a pure devotee himself. He became highest of Brahmans, he is sage for demigods and guru of Dhruva, prahlad, Valmiki etc. (SB Canto 1)

Mrigari was a sinful hunter who would take pleasure in giving pain to animals. Narada muni instructed him in path of Bhakti and mrigari was elevated to become a pure devotee (CC Madhya Chapter 24)

In this life it would be stupid trying to elevate oneself to higher varnas without pure devotional service. Any intelligent person would try to rise above all varnas, all planets and become eternally situated in Vaikuntha planet as servant of Sri Krsna. When we have a direct non-stop lift from ground floor to topmost floor, why should we look for a lift that takes us from ground floor to 1st floor and use the stairs to go higher ?

Hare Krsna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Kalau Sudra - I agree, we are all born sudras. However, Srila Prabhupada himself gave brahman diksha to both prabhujis and matajis and made them pujaris. Therefore, they were elevated to the level of brahmanas.

While we are all born sudras, the moment we take to the path of devotion, we become vaishnavas. As you know, vaishnava is above a brahmana. Therefore, brahman diksha is also not necessary to elevate us above sudras.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.