Hare krsna

I am a man of 24 yr and can I marry a woman of age elder than me may be 25 or 26?

How Iskcon or vaishnavism logically sees this?

Thank you.

Thank you all for your replies ,matajis and prabhujis. The actual thing is, I am not asking this above question by having a specific woman in mind. While trying to find KC woman on sites like devotee match etc. , I am not finding KC woman, of age lesser than me, only finding age more than me. So, should I change my way of search?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor
    Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Better to avoid. As per scriptures, husband should be older than wife. This is because husband is naturally the dominating partner. He is also natural object of respect for wife. So, if he is younger, these things wont happen naturally.

If your heart is set on her, you will anyways not listen and go ahead.

Haribol,
    Your servant,
    Radha Rasamayi DD
    • What nonsense! how can you discriminate against love?? Does this mean you have to be a certain age before you can chant? or pray? or worship? what has age got to do with feelings? If you are believer in God you should realise that in his eyes men and women are equal.
      • Hare Krishna, while saying "Hare Krishna" i believe i am not offending you, Prabhu Ji you did not read question carefully, "Devotee" is asking i have no women in mind i am trying to find a "partner" in KC who may or may not be older to me and if i find older should i marry. So there is no question of so called "Love", Said devotee has genuine question and all senior devotees has replied very well by quoting that marrying to older women should be avoided

Hare Krishna Prabhu
      • Sevak
        So called "love" mentioned by you is the indiscriminate hunger of animals when their mating season comes. They don't discriminate between elder, father, sister. Such is the blind indiscriminate love. More appropriate is word for it Lust.

If you are believer in God you should realise that in his eyes men and women are equal.

In Krsna's eyes everyone is a living entity - mosquito, man, pig, dog, tiger. Doesn't mean we treat them all equally. Discrimination is required and hence intelligence has been provided by Krsna.
      • You vim foolish comments, quit the forum asap, don't create your hellish destination here, I feel pity on your attitude!
This reply was deleted.