Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji / Mataji , 

PAMHO , AGTSP ! 

One should not drink coke or pepsi because it contains caffeine. 

But still i would like to draw attention about stores available at ISKCON campuse are selling such soft drinks. 

Why ?

• Hare Krsna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga! All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

The aspiring devotees of the Lord only eats the remnants of the Food which Lord tastes because of His never ending mercy.

We don't serve (eat or drink) this kind of unpure foods that are in the mood of passion to the Lord. To please the Lord we served Him the sattvic food or drink that we prepared in our kitchen with love.

Also soft drinks contain caffein including coca cola and pepsi and even if it is not prasadam  the devotees of the Lord don't take caffein. If we are outside, better to drink water, do austerity and conroling our senses. Outside of home or temple the water or fruit can easily be offered to the Lord in a meditation.

Hope this helps,

Your aspiring servant,

• Sevak

Forget devotees, even karmis or should I say even animals shouldn't drink them. Destroys of body at the cost of some artificial titillation to the most voracious uncontrollable tiny little organ called tongue. 

• Volunteer

There are so many reasons why one should not drink such cold drinks that are floating around on the internet. However, the main reason why we should avoid is due to the fact that it contains coco in it which is considered to be an intoxicant. However, I have seen some times devotees accepting cold drinks like sprit or 7 up etc that has only flavour and no color. Some devotees get fruit drinks like Maaza. However, these are not recomended for one to drink but are OK to have it when we have no option. Like when we are travelling and have nothing to eat or drink, then its better we have such drinks than pepsi or cola which only harms our body. There are so many cold drinks that we can prepare at home using natural ingridents like lime, fruits, milk, etc.. that are healthy and also tastes good.

• Volunteer

Hare krishna,

prji, while travelling we get water bottle also. why to drink MAAZA? :-)

Ys,

Deepak

• Volunteer

right. But can u stay on with water alone whole day? We have fasting on some festival days and we all know honestly how much we meditate on prasadam. We have to act according to time place and circumstances. When SP saw that the devotees were fasting completly from any food and water on Ekadashi and were simply liying down in a corner of the temple, SP said you eat prasadam and do service rather than simply sitting in a corner without doing any service.

When one is at home or a place where there is oppertunity to prepare food and offer to Lord, one is not expected to have such alternatives. The best food or drink is made from the fruits and vegetables that are available in that perticular season. Maaza and other fruit drink though are better than carbonated cold drinks, but it contains high amount of preservatives and also the Mangos are usually stored in cold storage or frozen. These artifical means to achive something all round the year is what makes it loose its propertis and also is not good for health.

A few years ago, watermellons would come only during hot summers. WHY??? Lord has designed it in such a way that during summer, in order to get some relife and also to replinish the water loss from our body, watermelon comes out in market.

The best things to have when we are out are sugarcane juice, fruit juices (freshly made), lassi and buttermilk, and most importantly tender coconut (narieal paani).

• Yes Prji, I agree, Buttermilk is the best!! 

• Very true PrabhuJi.I lost two of my teeth due to drinking of Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna pr, accept my humble obeisances AGTSP!

years back I read an article on cold-drinks and since then i stopped drinking it.

the article is as follows,

Pepsi and Coca Cola Contains PORK (PIG) extracts - PROVEN!!

Shocking / Bad News : Pepsi and Coca Cola contains extract from Pork (Pig)
    Most of the people avoid Pepsi and Coca-Cola for various reasons:-
    Because of harmful chemical contents such as excessive carbonates, etc.
    Now there is yet another reason which is more dangerous
    The scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads to
    cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage. The pig is the
    only animal that eats dirt, dung and urine, which makes lethal and deadly
    fabric polluted germs and microbes.

According to a report published in Jordanian magazine, the head of Delhi
    University Science and   Technology , Dr. Mangoshada scientifically proved
    that the key element in Pepsi and Cola contains extract from the intestines
    of Pig which causes cancer and other deadly diseases.

The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and
    Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more rapid heart rate and
    low pressure. Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes
    instant death. It also contains chemicals such as carbonic and phosphoric
    acids, citric acid which harms teeth and causes bone fragility. Bones kept
    in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead
    remain in the grave for thirty years. Research itself confirmed that the
    calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the
    pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases.

I don't think you would like to drink all such drinks when you'r not sure whether they are free of animal extracts or not, I would say that it's better not to consume such things. Haribol!

your servant,

This reply was deleted.