Hare Krishna,

I wanted to ask  how strong our thoughts are. Is it possible for evil thoughts about somebody to actually turn into reality ? For eg, If we think enough of killing someone just in our thoughts (minds), is it possible for it to actually happen ? 

Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The answer is confirmed by radhaji plz read all comments but she says we have concession in kali that cant be true. 

• Yes just by thinking no one can e harmed but it adds to sin. RRDD is radhaji this autocorrect is a headache hence I typed like that

• Who says that RRDD?                                                                        

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

What you have described here is all spiritual activity - deity worship mentally. That is definitely going to give multi fold spiritual benefits. 

Have you tried doing it? It takes a lot of concentration to actually be able to do it. If you can do so, it is most wonderful.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Namaste, i read somewhere that we acquire sin not only by doing evil action but also by evil  thoughts.  Sinful thoughts will be stored as sanchita karma  or karma that are accumulated. Then in future births they will come into effect as prarabdha karma. The person will then suffer from it.

• Yes yes evil thought also accumulate sin

• E-Counselor

Thoughts do not build up karma in kaliyuga only. That is the concession given to Kaliyuga. Thoughts will not attract karmic reaction. Actions will. 

In other yugas, even thoughts attract karmic reaction.

• If you could tell us the exact problem we all can help you. Simply by thinking bad about others will not cause any harm to others. It never happened in previous yugas then how can it happen in kali? Higher power lower power black magic this that this is all a waste. I am sorry to say this but this is a fact

• From my personal experience i can say it' a 50-50 thing. Ofcourse of killing I donot know as I never desired any ill for anyone and since most of us want pakistan destroyed it would have happened  But yes some times positive thoughts really bring miraculous results but not always. But still think always good that' all I can say

• Hare Krishna. Here is my personal opinion. It's Kali-Yuga. It is very difficult to control our thoughts in Kali-Yuga. We are not karmically responsible for our thoughts. I use to use my "violent fantasies" of killing someone at work as a way of dealing with job stress. I have worked in some very stressful and hostile work environments. Am I going to kill those persons in this life or in my next life? No, I am not. I am not karmically responsible for my thoughts. That being said, if I were in a job where I thought for one minute that I would actually try to hurt or kill a person at work, I would immediately leave that job and get a new job.

This reply was deleted.