Replies

• hare krishna
    i don't know whether my answer is correct or not but i have read one book in which srila prabhupada said that krishna is GOD means SUPREME PERSONALITY OF GODHEAD because he possess all qualities.....like first we need to ask this question that who is god according to u??
    and the most obvious answer is- one who possess all qualities-(1) wealth, (2) power, (3) fame, (4) beauty, (5) wisdom and (6)renunciation. One who is in possession of all six of these opulences at
    the same time, who possesses them to an unlimited degree, is understood
    to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead. so, Krishna possess all six opulences{REFER TO KRISHNA BOOK for details of these opulences of KRISHNA}......which proves KRISHNA IS THE SUPREME PERSONALITY OF GODHEAD :)
    Moreover, arjuna is considered idra's son n in geeta arjuna accepts krishna to be the supreme godhead..... so this is another evidence which proves that if indra was god then how can arjuna(son of indra) can accept KRISHNA to be godhead :) :)
    so plz tell ur friends to read some of SRILA PRABHUPADA's books and find out answers to their questions......n become pure devotees of krishna
    ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA
    hari bol :)
  • Hare Krishna !! my pranAms to all krishna bhakthas

|| Iswarah paramah krishna, sacchidananda vigrahah,

anadiradir govinda, sarva kArana kAranam ||

The Supreme is the Controller(IswaraH), All-Attractive(Krishna), embodiment of absolute truth, knowledge and bliss (sachchidananda vigrahah), timeless and eternal (anadiradir), the lifter or shelter of souls/lives (govinda), the cause of all causes (sarva kArana kAranam). In BG, the Supreme Krishna says 'Among the gods, I'm Indra' which means the chief.

While Indra is a position, the chief of Gods (a human king Nahusha was appointed Indra once as a result of his austerities), Krishna is all-attractive supreme.

In service to the Supreme and the devotees,

Suresh

• logically we can say

whose name we chant for birth , death, all ceremonies ?

from whose navel lotus comes where Lord brahma who is father of father (Kashyap rishi) of Indra appeares ?

for whom shiva wears women clothes , after seeing whom mother sati gets attracted than lord shiva ?

who gave menaka the most beautiful damsel of heaven to Indra ?

who appeares to help all demigods including indra in all fights with demons ?

u put anything , anywhere , anytime our Krishna is supreme.

• Volunteer

Indra is not a personality itself but the title of a post. Or in simple words title of a job.

we say that Pandavas were 5 Indras it means in previous lives they worked as a Indra - Lord of Demigods.

But Krishna means - All attractive. It is His Name. And He is Supreme Personality of Godhead. 

It is not His job but it is His eternal Name and eternal position.

In this way Krishna is greater then anybody what to speak of a position of Indras.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!!! Krishna is called Isvara(isvarah paramah krishnah). We never say Ishvar Indra. Also, He is 'sarva karana karanam', cause of all causes. The Vedic knowledge was first imparted by Lord Krishna to Bramha. So there is no question of refuting or doubting it as the Vedic scripture is apuruseya,transcendantal. Krishna Himself says in Gita-'Because I am transcendental, beyond both the fallible and the infallible, and because I am the greatest, I am celebrated both in the world and in the Vedas as that Supreme Person.Whoever knows Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, without doubting, is the knower of everything. He therefore engages himself in full devotional service to Me, O son of Bharata.This is the most confidential part of the Vedic scriptures, O sinless one, and it is disclosed now by Me. Whoever understands this will become wise, and his endeavors will know perfection.'-Bg 15.18-20. 

• Hare Krishna

Earlier I use to think that brahma vishnu mahesh together is supreme personality until I realized that it's only Lord Shri Krishna who showed the "UNIVERSAL FORM" and showed the" FULL UNIVERSE IN HIS MOUTH ALONG WITH HIMSELF" sitting on the lap of mother yasoda.

Which other god/demigod has shown the universal form or full universe including himself in his  mouth?

This cannot be just an imagination/story of some person  written in script. This form is beyond imagination of any demigod/human.  But we all know this because this actually happened and that's why humans/gurus were able to write it in vedas and books.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji, please accept my humble obeisances.
    Your friends don't want to go for scriptural prove. At 1st I want to say this is like  debating for sake of debating. They are not eager to know the proper thing, they are just trying to trap you.
    But without going through scriptures you can tell them, "Always we see that every demigod is holding some weapons or busy in doing something. As example Devi Durga is busy fighting with Mahisasur, Lord Shiva is having Trishul, Lord Brahma is either busy in creating something or busy with the verses of Vedas, even Indra is having Thunder Bolt like this every demigod is having some weapons or busy with something. But Lord Krishna is the only person who is playing flute in Vrindavan with a sweet smile, enjoying Rasa Dance, every one is happy there because of the presence of Lord himself. He is the Supreme Enjoyer of everything like the boss in an office & all the demigods are his employee. So like this he is the Supreme Person."

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Without scriptural reference talking about God and spirituality is itself illogical shows the stupidity of debator.

Here are the famous verses from "Purusa Suktam" in The Hymn of Universal man - Rigveda -10.90 dedicated to Vishnu/Krishna which clearly says all the Gods including Indra born out from Krishna.

Chandramaa Manso Jaathah: Chakchos Sooryo Ajaayatha |
    Muka -adinthrascha -agnischa Praanaath Vaayurajaayatha || || -1-14 ||

14. His mind (manas) formed the moon, from his eye became the sun, from his mouth came Indra and Agni, from his breath Vaayu (wind) was born.

Naabhyaa Aaseetha -anthariksham Seershnodhyows Samavarthatha |
    Pathbhyaam Bhoomir Dhisasrothraath - Thathaa Loghagum Akalpayan || || -1-15 ||

15. From his navel arose the open sky, from his head the heaven originated, from his feet the earth was formed, the directions came from his ears. Thus did they create all the worlds.

Vedhaahametham Purusham Mahaantham - Aadhithyavarnam Thamasasthu Paare |
    Sarvaani Roopaani Vichithya dheerah: Naamaanikruthvaa - Abhivadhan Yathaasthe ||
    || -1-16 ||

16. The Purusha, is the creator of all forms and is given all the names. As we know his great qualities, He is all powerfull, beyond darkness, bright like the Sun performing all actions.

Dhaathaa Purasthaath Yamuthaajahaara - Sakrapravidhvaan Prathisaschathasrah: |
    Thamevam Vidhvaanamrutha Iha Bhavathi - Naanyapanthaa Ayanaayavidhyathe ||
    || -1-17 ||

17. He who understands this Purusha, whom Brahma called Paramathma,
    whom Indra saw in all four directions, attains Moksha [liberation] in this birth.

Yaggnena Yaguamayajantha dhevaah: - Thaani Dharmaani Prathamaanyasan |
    Thehanakam Mahimaanassajanthe - Yathra Poorve Saadhyassanthi Devaah: ||
    || -1-18 ||

18. The Devas who worshipped this Purusha, by this Yajña and by all the Dharma,
    attained high levels in Svarga. All persons performing this Yajña shall reach similar status.

"NO ONE SHOULD BE DEBATE REGARDING SUPERORITY OF KRISHNA/VISHNU WHO IS NOT LEARNED IN VEDIC SCRIPTURES THOROUGLY"

Your aspiring servant

Hari Bol..

• Hare Krishna!

If your friend is saying that Indra is God, then I am sure he must have heard about Govardhan Lila as Indra is his god. You can ask him what he has understood from that lila? and whether he still believes Indra is God?

And one more thing: Krishna Consciousness is not a competition where you want to prove ur belief. If your friend wants to believe u, there will be time when Krishna would make him understand that belief. Till then, all you can do is wait patiently. This is Kali yuga. There will be lots of people like ur friend.If you could help your friend, well and good. Otherwise, dont force ur friend. Krishna will help you in changing ur friend's thinking. Just Pray to Him for your friend and He will guide you and help you.

Hope this helps you.

Your servant.

• when indra showrered massive rains during goverdhan lila, krsna was only 5 year old, indra was the king of demigods still krsna lifted the hill and not a single drop of water could wet anything or anyone. Krsna uttrly humiliated Indra and then he came back to his senses and begged forgiveness from Krsna. 

When Krsna took parijata tree, Indra enraged a war with Krsna and got defeated badly. So this way by logic you can say that Krsna is God.

This reply was deleted.