Bliss

Hare Krsna!  All glories to Prabhupada!  I was wondering.  How long of or how much of chanting till you feel the bliss of Krsna?  I used to feel bliss all the time though I was on a potent drug.  I quit the drug now I have to find the bliss sober.  I understand that the bliss of Krsna is distributed like spiritual nutrients from a spirit soul level. I used to think it was bad chasing Krsnas bliss but as a rainbow hippie spending much time in the center of many forests - it's almost similar to the blissful energy out there.  Plus it's like a type of festival were your happy and around people who care.  Krsnas bliss is also like swimming in a lake or taking a shower.  It's Krsnas mercy.  So how long till I get the mercy of Krsnas bliss now that I'm sober?  Thanks! Hare Krsna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

The experience of spiritual bliss is a gradual process and varies from person to person. It is not dependent on the amount of time spent chanting, but rather on the sincerity and purity of one's devotion. As Srila Prabhupada explains, "If one is sincere in chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, he will certainly feel transcendental pleasure from the vibration" (Srimad-Bhagavatam 4.24.33 purport).

It is also important to note that the experience of spiritual bliss is not dependent on external factors such as drugs or being in nature. While these things may provide temporary pleasure, they cannot compare to the lasting happiness and fulfillment that comes from connecting with Krishna through devotional service.

To receive the mercy of Krishna's bliss, it is recommended to engage in devotional practices such as chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, reading and studying scripture, and serving devotees of the Lord. By doing so with sincerity and dedication, one can gradually purify their consciousness and experience the full mercy of Krishna's bliss.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

The issue is - you are looking for bliss which you could get from patent drug. When the service attitude develops and we dont think about ourselves at all - we take pleasure in serving - that is bliss. Bliss will come when we chant fo rthe pleaseure of Krsna.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Its all the matter of purification, chetodarpan marjanam, the day you will get purified you will start feeling blissful, for that association and guidance of advanced devotees is must. Then comes the important point of visiting holy places like vrindavan and mayapur, it is sheer joy to be present at these dhams, where you see pious rivers flowing, devotees chanting all the time and all the time there katha and kirtan. For the moment reading bhagwatam will be best option. 

• Thankyou Vrindavan Krsna!  Hare Krsna!

This reply was deleted.