Am I Humanizing the lord by doing this?

Hare Krishna!

PAMHO

I don't have any friends and since all the devotees say that Krishna is our biggest well-wisher and even in the 9-devotional sevices one is to consider him as our friend, I have simply considered Lord Krishna as my best friend and cry in front of him ( I have one picture of lord Krishna) talk to him etc. but I feel scared that am I humanizing him this way? because I feel I am disrespecting him if I'm just treating him as my best friend so please guide me on this... 

Hare Krishna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna mataji,

PAMHO.

The highest devotees are considered to be the ones in Vrindavan, in various rasas. They were not in awe and reverance towards the lord. THey think of the lord as their own, one among them, who needs to be protected, loved, made a friend etc. 

While one is treating lord as a friend is good, one has to understand that He is the Supreme Lord. Joking has to have limits. Basically, bare your heart to your friend and have no fear of being judged. If the lord started to judge us, He would not be able to give His mercy to any of us.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mata ji!

Ok... thank you so much for explaining it the lord is so merciful... he is ready to reciprocate in anyway his devotees want! wish I can reach that bhava

Hare Krishna

• Kanhaji can be anyone for his friends and lovers 

• very true prabhu ji! Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna mata ji, 
    I think we discussed about this last time. still you have the doubt?

• Hare Krishna Mata ji!

no not like that... but since nowadays friends mean joking around with each other having fun etc. I treat lord Krishna just like that. So, I understood that we can consider him as our own but he is still the supreme personality of godhead! so am I disrespecting him by joking around with him and just simply being casual friends when I'm having a doubt whether I'm a neophyte devotee or not even that!

Hare Krishna!

This reply was deleted.