Am I devotee of Krishna

Hare Krishna to All Devotees

All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krishna Dear Devotees. Good afternoon. Im Harigaran here. Im 27 and Im from Singapore. Well Im not a devotee and I eat meat.

I was introduced to Krishna Consciouness by a advanced devotee in 2010 when I was 23. Since then I have been going to Krishna Consciouness temples and centres here in Singapore and doing seva

I have done many seva and I still have a huge passion to do many many more seva for Sri Krishna and Srimathi Radharani. I have done book distribution seva where I will buy Krishna Consciouness book using my own money from the Krishna Consciouness Temple and distribute it at our local Siva Durga Temple. I have distributed so far 1000 books.

I have also done Prasadham Seva where I will sponsor Prasadham at our Krishna Consciouness Temple. I have done Prasadham Seva four times since 2011. I started this seva at age 24. My recent Prasadham Seva are for Srila Bhakthisiddhantha Saraswathi Thakur Maharaj's Appearance Day and Radhasthami last year.

I also did a seva to a Guru Maharaj when he visited Singapore last year. I co orindated the programmes, Maharaj's place of stay and Prasadham.

Even though I have done all these seva, since Im a meat eater and I dont chant, I see myself as a non devotee and who is not worth for Krishna Consciouness. I still believe I have a long way to go. Please advise and guide me. Thank you so much

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Priyanka Mataji,

Thank you so much for your beautiful reply. Well Krishna is also pleased by being a good human being who leads a life loving everyone be it devotees or non devotees, shows respect to everyone regardless of devotees or non devotees, live with honesty and integrity. There are devotees who eat only Prasadham but yet go around criticising and showing envy. Its not about putting Tilak on the forehead. Its about putting Tilak on the heart. I will rather eat meat and lead a normal life rather than be a devotee who criticise. Please pardon me if I said anything offensive. Hare Krishna
    • Hare Krishna Harigaran Prabhuji,

There is nothing offensive in what you said prabhu, there are devotees on different level, if there are good examples and advanced devotees we can learn from them rather than getting discouraged by wrong examples. All of us are conditioned prabhu so are devotees also each of us have our own short comings somehow or other we are all struggling to dovetail them in our krishna conciousness.

Krishna is saying in Bhagavat Gita - 9.22

But those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form — to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have.

so it is safe to be a devotee :-)

All the best to you prabhu. Hope you find right inspiration in your spiritual endeavor.

All glories to your seva. Like other devotees said kindly continue.

Your Servant

Priyanka

• Hare Krishna..

I was a meat eater since childhood and it was my favorite food. Since couple of months, I stopped it. I tried many times previously to stop eating meat, but only after I read Bhagavad Gita, I was able to leave the habit. I started moving away from desires(of any kind). Such was the attraction of Krishna's teachings. I was able to control my senses by Lord's grace. When I measured Krishna's love towards His devotees, I felt the habit of eating meat is nothing and can be easily stopped. So, here I am today, I have no more craving for meat, because the sweetness of Lord's words are such that I forgot about the taste of meat. Krishna said in Bhagavad Gita to control the senses. So control the sense of taste and craving for meat. Put a test of your sense controlling ability. I am sure Lord will help you achieve it.

• Hare krsna...

"When love for krsna grows..when chanting becomes a loving feeling..you will not have to leave it..it will leave you immediately...

• It is good that you are doing seva prabhu but if we really want to please krsna and be a nice devotee then we have to eat food only that is offered to Krishna. Hope that answers your question.

Your Servant,

Priyanka

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Please try to chant. I wanted to know why you have not started chanting yet. Since you are doing so much seva, chanting should come naturally to you. Once you start chanting, the rest will follow.

Haribol,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna,

I think just the fact that you are regretting to eat meat is in itself a great progress. Congratulations for that.

As Sushant prabhu suggested please continue to do your seva's, if possible try to hear srila prabhupada's lectures.

Your Servant,

Priyanka

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

Thank you so much for your reply. Please allow me to clarify with you my doubt. Even though I do seva, I still cant be counted as a devotee right because of my meat eating habits. Please clarify. Thank you

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Thank you so much for your reply. Haribol

This reply was deleted.