Hare Krsna.

Often your mind questions - I am so alone. I chant, i listen to lectures, i believe and sing praises of Krishna but still why aren't i able to conquer the element of loneliness?

My question to all prabhu's and mataji's is how do i put my mind at rest in Krishna Consciousness?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

yes, Mataji please find Devotee friends in Your own age Matajis and make friendship with them. 

Krishna does not want us to be sad in Spiritual life. On the contrary He will be very happy seeing His Devotees happy. In this way please find some equal matajis and exchange with the 6 types of loving exchanges and by the time Krishna will  bind Your Friendship bindings stronger and stronger. 

And by helping to them You will be happy by helping to You to serve to Krishna they will be happy. This is spiritual life. In the Spiritual life we won't be alone. there all trees even are personalities what to speak of waters, flowers,...

Your servant,

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna mataji

humble obeisances

Please associate with devotees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Krsna said that chant my glories in association!!! and go for the 6 exchanges that Rupa Goswami has mentioned in 4th verse of Nectar of Instruction. You won't feel lonely. It is human nature. We are not robots or mayavadis or monis that we can leave alone completely.. We are active souls and we need exchange of love with devotees and Krsna, that is our nature!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do that when we associate with devotees. We can't sit alone and do meditation like yogis in this age of Kaliyuga. Discuss pastimes of Krsna with devotees, serve them, talk to devotees, share with devotees and preach glories to devotees,help others in Krsna consciousness, make devotee friends and do services together with them. We are not mayavadis and we don't have to be lonely. We have so many things to do in Krsna consciousness, go for them and you will be blissful, completely blissful.. One very important thing is we should nt commit offenses and chant sincerely. when we commit offenses, Krsna takes away the taste of chanting and services and then we find spiritual life to be tasteless and it becomes very difficult to go on.. so we should be careful about them.

Please forgive me if my words hurt or offended in any way.

your servant

rakesh roshan

• when we understand our problems , we are not far to solve them  ... I pray for U , all my wishes of wellness

• Sevak

’sädhu-saìga’, ‘sädhu-saìga’—sarva-çästre kaya
    lava-mätra sädhu-saìge sarva-siddhi haya

“The verdict of all revealed scriptures is that by even a moment’s association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success.

According to astronomical calculations, a lava is one eleventh of a second. CC Madhya 22.55

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji. andavat Pranam. All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Actually when we starts practising Krishna Consciousness, our consciousness starts gradual shifting from material consciousness to spiritual consciousness. Now generally in previous material consciousness we used to attached with so many things like family, frendships, old liking like watching movies, tvs, old habbits , outing with friends and all other material activities, where we seldom felt that we were alone. Because generally In good times, and in association we don't feel the lonliness, beacuse at that time we identify with the body and all the relation like society, family, friends pertaning to it to be ours. And we forget our real identity.

But as we start practicing Krishna consciousness, we feel a great separation from our old engagement in which we remain absorbed from beginning of our childhood. As mind has those impression that it collected for so many years in association of friends, familiies, relatives , it often experiences us those memories of situation, good timing that we spent with many people. So suddenly a quick shifting of consciousness mind can't bear and it cry all alone, and the soul feels it. Thats why we feel the loneliness. 

But the good thing is as we progress in devotional service through 9 processes of devotional service starting from Hearing, Chanting, remembering ...........to self surrender, then our old memory (material consciousness) gradually wiped away, and we slowly slowly enter into a new world where we connect our self with Krishna. We starts seeing Krishna in everything and everything in relation to Krishna. As Krishna Saying in Bhagavad Gita

BG 6.29: A true yogī observes Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized person sees Me, the same Supreme Lord, everywhere.

BG 6.30: For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.

BG 6.31: Such a yogī, who engages in the worshipful service of the Supersoul, knowing that I and the Supersoul are one, remains always in Me in all circumstances.

And this realization begins with effective chanting regularly without deviation, when we start getting taste in chanting , all previous material taste that we tasted from childhood gradually washed away, and we feel more and more egaerness to hear about Krishna , then we associate with devotees , in association of devotees our taste get increases as we hear more and more about Krishna, then we devolop keen interest to serve Krishna. And Krishna can take our service in all possible way, whereever we are, whatever we have we can put and use it in Krishna's service. Then eventually we see everything in connection to Krishna and Krishna in everything. At this stage we no longer feel lonliness , we are always with Krishna . This stage is called Vasudeva stage

BG 7.19

bahunam janmanam ante
    jnanavan mam prapadyate
    vasudevah sarvam iti
    sa mahatma su-durlabhah

In that stage Krishna is never lost us , neither we feel lonely. Because then we see Krishna within and without everywhere. Krishna's name become life at that stage. Even at dream also we see Krishna. At that moment association of other things which is devoid of Krishna will make us feel lonely. Then one would get no taste in other things in this world except Krishna's name.As Krishna says in many verses of BGthat how to see everthing in relation to him. thus Arjuna doesn't feel alone

BG 7.8: O son of Kuntī, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable oḿ in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

BG 7.9: I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics.

Beacuse Krishna and his name are non-different , as he is absolute. And another thing is Krishna is transcendental existence, as we have a tendency to see presence of everything in matter, we also sometimes try to see Krishna materially, but that will further increase our lonliness, rather we would have to try to see Krishna through his Holy name, through books like Bhagavad Gita, Bhagavtam, Through his deity form in temple, Through Kirtan , and in heart of every living entity, then we are always with Krishna, as a transcendental existence this things and Krishna are non-different.

Hope this will help

your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.