Dear Krsna bhaktas/ bhakteens,

P.A.M.H.O.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I'd like to know what will be happened to Kāraṇodakaśāyī Viṣṇu after the cosmic creation is annihilated.

Kāraṇodakaśāyī Viṣṇu is kalavisesa, the portion of plenary portion of Sri Krsna,

and Kāraṇodakaśāyī Viṣṇu is Sri Krsna's Pursavatara in temporary for creating matrerial world.

I think I had read some explanations about it in Srimad Bhagavatam or some other scriptures, but I could not remember.

Hare Krsna  (*^o^*)

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,
    https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/2/10/6
    nirodho ’syānuśayanam
     ātmanaḥ saha śaktibhiḥ
    muktir hitvānyathā rūpaṁ
     sva-rūpeṇa vyavasthitiḥ
    The merging of the living entity, along with his conditional living tendency, with the mystic lying down of the Mahā-Viṣṇu is called the winding up of the cosmic manifestation. Liberation is the permanent situation of the form of the living entity after he gives up the changeable gross and subtle material bodies.
    Purport:
    The ever-conditioned souls are apt to develop a mentality of lording over the material nature, and therefore the material cosmic creation is manifested to give the ever-conditioned souls two kinds of facilities. One facility is that the conditioned soul can act according to his tendency to lord it over the cosmic manifestation, and the other facility gives the conditioned soul a chance to come back to Godhead.
    So after the winding up of the cosmic manifestation, most of the conditioned souls merge into the existence of the Mahā-Viṣṇu Personality of Godhead, lying in His mystic slumber, to be created again in the next creation.
    But some of the conditioned souls, who follow the transcendental sound in the form of Vedic literatures and are thus able to go back to Godhead, attain spiritual and original bodies after quitting the conditional gross and subtle material bodies.
    Hare Krishna.
    SB 2.10.6
    As we have discussed several times, there are two types of living entities. Most of them are ever liberated, or nitya-muktas, while some of them are…
  • Sevak
    Hare Krsna

What will be happens to Kāraṇodakaśāyī Viṣṇu after the cosmic creation is annihilated.

Karanodakasayi Visnu is in perpetual yoga nidra lying on the Karana Ocean on Ananta sesa. His one breath of exhalation and inhalation corresponds to one complete creation and annihilation of entire material creation and all its inhabitants. All the universes in material world is destroyed at end of one inhalation of Vishnu.
    And at end of this annihilation Vishnu is unperturbed in his yoga nidra and continues his exhalation which again creates the entire material world, universes, brahma etc.
    So Vishnu is simply in yoga nidra as though he is oblivious to all the action of universal annihilation. Just like a person in deep sleep won't be aware if some insignificant dust particles fall on his skin or are blown off from his skin.

https://st3.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2515104317?profile=...

yaḥ kāraṇārṇava-jale bhajati sma yoga-
    nidrām ananta-jagad-aṇḍa-sa-roma-kūpaḥ
    ādhāra-śaktim avalambya parāṁ sva-mūrtiṁ
    govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi
    I adore the primeval Lord Govinda who assuming His own great subjective form, who bears the name of Śeṣa, replete with the all-accommodating potency, and reposing in the Causal Ocean with the infinity of the world in the pores of His hair, enjoys creative sleep [yoga-nidrā]. ( Brahma Samhita 5.47)

yasyaika-niśvasita-kālam athāvalambya
    jīvanti loma-vilajā jagad-aṇḍa-nāthāḥ
    viṣṇur mahān sa iha yasya kalā-viśeṣo
    govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi
    Brahmā and other lords of the mundane worlds, appearing from the pores of hair of Mahā-Viṣṇu, remain alive as long as the duration of one exhalation of the latter [Mahā-Viṣṇu]. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda of whose subjective personality Mahā-Viṣṇu is the portion of portion. ( Brahma Samhita 5.48)
    https://st3.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2515104317?profile=original
    • Dear Bharat prabhu,
      Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
      I don't remember exactly but I had read some explanation that Kāraṇodakaśāyī Viṣṇu would merge to the body of Sri Krsna or Sri Balarama after finishing creation of material world, something like that. I'm not sure.
      But Maha is the temporary incarnation.
      "Lord Mahā-Viṣṇu, who is resting in yoga-nidrā on the Causal Ocean and creating innumerable universes by His breathing process, only temporarily appears in the mahat-tattva for the temporary manifestation of the material worlds. He is a plenary portion of Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, and thus although He is nondifferent from Lord Kṛṣṇa, His formal appearance in the material world as an incarnation is temporary. " (SB 3.11.42 purport)
      Thank you for your kindness.
      • Sevak
        Hare Krsna
        Thank you for the correction and reference prabhu. If you find reference for the answer please post it.
        Hare Krsna
This reply was deleted.