about puranas

i 100% trust on bhagwat puran,vishnu puran and brahma vaivart puran. but my friend on fb told me that he doesn't 100% trust on all puranas because he said in some puranas there is written that shiva is supreme and from him lord vishnu appeared and some puranas said lord vishnu is supreme and from him lord vishnu appeared. and other said goddess durga is supreme and from her brahna vishnu and mahesh are appeared. i am confused that what i tell to my friend .sorry for bad english.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• very nice prabhuji ! you cleared this confusion ! hare krishna !

• never read shivpuran but found description of it - http://www.santshriasharamjiashram.org/shivpuran-26-rudrasanhita/
    शिवपुराण - २६ (रूद्रसंहिता, प्रथम (सृष्टि) खण्ड)
    श्रीपुराणपुरुषोत्तमाय नम : ॐ श्री गणेशाय नम: भवाब्धिमग्नं दिनं मां समुन्भ्दर भवार्णवात | कर्मग्राहगृहीतांग दासोऽहं तव् शंकर || श्री शिवपुराण – माहात्…
  • Sevak
    Hare Krishna

It is not a matter of belief. If someone says Vishnu has come from Shiva or Durga is same as yoga maya then they have to quote the exact text of purana.
    Like text num ___ of chapter ____ of ______ Purana states ______

Hare Krishna
  • very nice prabhuji ! but can you or anyone please explain about 'from shiva lord vishnu appeared'.. sorry i will tell this in hindi और माता दुर्गा को योगमाया भी कहा जाता हे । मेरा मानना हे की कृष्ण नारायण योगमाया से ही साकार हुए हे इस सृष्टि हे और शिव आदि भी इसीसे उन्हें इस सृष्टि का कारण बताया गया हे ।
    • *इस सृष्टि में
  • Sevak
    Hare Krishna
    Please tell you friend that no purana says anyone other than Krsna or Vishnu is supreme ultimatum. Other puranas only say that those specific demigods have powers, by their blessings u can get such nd such benefits and this is the manner u can worship them.
    Bhagavat Purana and BG says give up everythig and go to Krsna. Other puranas is like u do this to get that. No demigod ever says surrender to me or love me.
    Plz dont be surprised if your friend doesn't agree.
    Hare Krishna
This reply was deleted.