Hare Krishna !

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai!

All glories to Millions of Gaura Bhakta Vrinda !

Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur said:

A pure devotee knows that everyone is the spiritual master. Therefore, a pure devotee can be jagad-guru.

How to practically understand and apply the first sentence in our life?  Please enlighten me. 

Thank you

YS,

Durga Basnet

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,  can you please tell us where you got this from?

A pure devotee knows that everyone is the spiritual master.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna ,

Jagatmata Das Prabhu ,

It is quote by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada

I too want to know , He have written below it is lecture given by Kadamba Kanana Swami on 27/01/10 .

But how far is this true , eveyone can not be same guru ..?

• Volunteer

No it isn't from  Kadamba Kanana Swami's lecture. That was to explain what the quote might mean. But I have no clue on the source either? 

• Volunteer

A pure devotee knows that everyone is the spiritual master

Kadamba Kanana Swami also gives a wonderful definition of this:

Every devotee is your spiritual master. How is that possible? 
    Because everyone has a very unique way of serving Krishna! 
    Everyone has some specific strength, something extraordinary in the way they serve. And in this way you can learn from everyone! 
    You can learn a trick or two from anyone or everyone…

So in that way everyone is our spiritual master and if we think like this, and we look at the devotees and then we are discovering people.

Instead of looking at people and thinking, ‘Hmm I know the type, yep hmm I know the type! you know don’t tell me anything about this person- I know everything about the TYPE!’. 
    Then we have already figured somebody out, before we have even spoken to the person, just the looks of the type: ‘I know the type. I figured this person out!’.

But if we have the attitude that: ‘Everyone is my spiritual master. Everyone has some unique quality’

Then we are discovering the person- to see where is it? Discover the unique wonderful qualities in a Vaisnava, or how that Vaisnava serves Krishna.  In that way one can genuinely: see everyone as a spiritual master.

(Kadamba Kanana Swami 27/01/10)

(source: http://www.kksblog.com/2010/04/see-everyone-as-a-spiritual-master/)

Hope that helps :)

See Everyone As A Spiritual Master!
    (Kadamba Kanana Swami 27/01/10)Just as Prabhupada would say that: ‘ I don’t have any disciples’They asked him: ‘ How many disciples do you have
    • Hare Krishna ! 

Thank you so much for your helpful reply.

Durga

This reply was deleted.